The Official Football Thread 2006/2007 (1 Viewer)

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Chelsea FC said:
Typical United fan making excuses

I know what it means, keep ur chin up wankers

Chelsea - last team to win the FA Cup at Old Wembley, First team to win the FA Cup at New Wembley

We will never say die - another late goal winner

CHELSEA TILL I DIE!!!
what a boring match. :sleep:

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
shockingly poor match, horrible for about 50mins, then had a chelsea spell for 10mins and a united one for last 15mins. extra time was all united till last 5 mins, and unfortunatley i think our 2 subs at the end kinda threw off the shape which led to the goal, i think at that point united were thinking of penalties and stopped concentrating. poor perfomances for carrick, giggs(can you take a corner past the first man!!!) and ronnie (always chokes against big teams, tho did well at times when he sprinted past ferreira), good solid performances by rooney, scholsey, vidic, brown.

it seemed no team wanted to let in a goal and i think that killed the game, if united went out for a win instead of being cautious i think we wouldve scored. the game for summed up 2 things, we need a striker who can finish off chances, the ones rooney had especially that long ball from scholes in 2nd half of et time was a perfect chance and shouldve been controlled and buried, greater concentration, i mean who lets drogba go alone u had vidic and ferdinand chasing one ball and o shea had just come in and was not marking anyone.

still a fantastic season for united, i just hope we get a striker, midfielder and or defender in the transfer window. not as disappointed with the result as i would be if we lost the league, and thats all i wanted to win ahead of ecl.

Freakster01

HSC
wat a boring match it was last nite ><!! typical late goal by drogba to seal win for chelsea..

now all eyes to athens where ac milan to meet liverpool in the champions league!! tipping liverpool to win 3-2 ^^"

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
meh its over, no use crying over it, although it was disappointing when i heard than man utd lost to the chelscums, but i think the attention is now turned to the champions league final.
still too tough to pick, but ill be leaning towards milan

HotShot

-_-
HSC
vizman said:
giggs was clearly robbed.
Nah man, the ball went straight to Cech - benefit of the doubt goes to him. Giggs should have finished it properly.

But Chelsea had some close chances..UTd really didnt look like winning, they were play with Chelsea's style of football.

Liverpool vs AC Milan, - should be interesting as Rafael hypes up Kewell playing.

JJV

HSC
YESSSSSS.............. Juve is back to Serie A
hopefully they will get the 2007-2008 scudetto.

hachoo

HSC
Juve = cheating scum. If Italian football wasn't so dodgy, they'd be done there for at least another season.

Kewell looks to play for Liverpool. Can't see Mark Gonzalez taking on the AC Milan defense.. well i can, just he not attacking wise.

Big news today is that Owen Hargreaves has moved to Manchester United. Bayern finally agreed after this years terrible Bundesliga season. 17 million pounds, not a bad sale for Bayern.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
It's disappointing that we lost, but I just don't feel cut by it. I think this is why we lost, we didn't want it as much, and it showed. The players were complacent, thought everything was good because we won the league. It would've been a much better season had we capped it off with a double, but oh well, we need to be more hungry next season.

Hargreaves coming to United, I have mixed feelings with that one. Fletcher has won me over, Carrick was solid this season, a Hargreaves will add a bit more class to our side, but then who will we bench...? Carrick...? Or give more rest to Scholes, who is so important to this side. Don't really know what to feel.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
LMF^^ said:
It's disappointing that we lost, but I just don't feel cut by it. I think this is why we lost, we didn't want it as much, and it showed. The players were complacent, thought everything was good because we won the league. It would've been a much better season had we capped it off with a double, but oh well, we need to be more hungry next season.

Hargreaves coming to United, I have mixed feelings with that one. Fletcher has won me over, Carrick was solid this season, a Hargreaves will add a bit more class to our side, but then who will we bench...? Carrick...? Or give more rest to Scholes, who is so important to this side. Don't really know what to feel.
The most 'meh' Cup Final I've ever seen. I was praying for a goal towards the end of the 90, it was torture.

Hargreaves - good player, made to look good by a horrible England team. Will improve your squad, but spending 17m of your budget on a player who won't bring that much extra to the table is puzzling to me. Gives weight to the whole Glazers will only splash out for Brits policy.

There are other players who'd improve your team far more, but you'll probably have to sell now to buy.

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
Hey guys, long time no see ...

The FA Cup was a terrible match, they were too tentative, scared of conceding first, Essien was the standout performer for mine, what a player and i havent seen Giggs or Ronaldo, or Man Utd for that matter play so bad ...

I think Arsenal definetely need some new players, especially on the wings, we are missing that dimension in our game at the moment, Ljungberg is past it, and we havent exactly found another Pires in Hleb ...

Wenger seams to love turning central midfielders into wingers, but i hope he will just buy a world class proven winger (or 2) in the summer, i think it would really help ... some names that have been thrown around are: Ribery, Malouda, Babel, Nani, Anderson, Carvalho(CSKA), Quaresma, Simao and MGP ... I like MGP, hes proven in the EPL, and won't cost that much, or as much as the others, i think some of the above are out of reach, but i have heard in the press the board is giving Wenger as much funds as he wants ...

Defensive linkage: Richards ... He's a beast and a Gunner fan, but he will come at a price, rated at 15m, which might be out of reach ...

Striking linkage (Realistic):Klose, Saviola ... Klose is a proven goal getter, but is old, Saviola is fragile, but maybe free ... Would love Huntelaar

I wouldnt mind getting rid of Gallas for the right price, but with the ACoN just around the corner I'm not sure, Gallas has been doing nothing but whinging of late, and together with Toure don't seam to work together aswell as everyone had hoped ...

Byebye(I hope): Almunia, Gilbert, Flamini, Song, Reyes, Hleb(maybe), Ljungberg & Aliadiere ...

Hopefully the CL final will be something to savour, may the best team win ...

Last edited:

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Rubix, with a wishlist like that you're going to be one disappointed gooner by the end of August.

Keeping expectations low here. I might be pleasantly surprised at the end of it all.

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
owen will give alot of experience to the squad, the man has 4 bundesliga titles a ecl title and intercontinental cup, so he definetly has the expereince needed and that kinda keane role, doing the dirty work which is what we have missed and is needed see makalele. plus with him in the squad it will free up carrick/scholes to go more attacking, as you could see this season both would have to rotate in either pushing forward and dropping back and neither is good at playing in a dm role, and i feel that owen will allow carrick/scholes to push forward, clearly carrick is going to be given the scholes role in the next year or 2. there are plenty of games to rotate them all, i mean united have played 60 games this season, and by the cup final most looked buggered. itll be good to have owen in there, and have squad players like fletch(as much as i dont rate him) to fill in when needed/injuries. there will be plenty of opportunites for scholes and carrick to play and i dont think we will have a chelsea situation.

id say the ones going will most likely be silvestre,richardson (hopefully) and maybe saha.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Had Saha stayed fit more often, he would've won me over too. But that guy is just made out of glass, and surely his time must be up now. I'd hate to see him at another English club, hopefully he'll go abroad if we do end up selling him.

Silvestre should go too, since we have Pique back next season, plus all our reserves coming back from loans. Rossi will also be an extra addition to our attack, so only one more striker will do the job for us.

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
id say one striker and one defender would be necessary, i mean we saw what happend during march/april we need adequate cover. im looking forward to seeing pique he is a great talent and playing well for zaragoza, and rossi will do ok, i do think he is a bit small tho and lightweight which could be a problem, but we will see. saha needs to go, u cant guarantee a 6mths with him let alone a season, silvestre must leave, and richardson also.

hargreaves to sign this friday apparently.

rhcpfox1

HSC
HeCtic said:
Rubix, with a wishlist like that you're going to be one disappointed gooner by the end of August.

Keeping expectations low here. I might be pleasantly surprised at the end of it all.

Im just praying we don't lose Henry...or Wenger for that matter.
But if one goes the other is fairly sure to follow.

Although I would like to see Baptista shown the exit door, Reyes denied entry to Ashburton grove (although that would suit him fine), Senderos sen-der-offed and possibly Ljunberg out.

As for ins maybe a defender who works with Toure, a look-in to the first team for Bendtner and a season without injuries...

one can hope...

hachoo

HSC
Man U have Pique back and he's real talent. I expect him to be number one back up CB pending the Evra VS Heinze battle for LB. Silvest will go, and if Saha leaves, he will probably be picked up by a french or spanish club. His game suits that style. I'm not sure about Richardson. He's been pretty average, but he isn't that bad. Trouble is, if we kill Richardson off the team, who will we sign? There's also the problem of a right back.

Fletcher isn't bad. I think we might start playing 4-5-1 again with Scholes making way occasionally. He is getting old, and maybe Ferg might try and grow some talent in the centre.

^___^
HSC
lol
i hoep rossi is an asset..
i read some stat while he is at parma

only has like a 20% target rate when shooting..lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)