The Official Football Thread 2006/2007 (1 Viewer)

Real Madrid

HSC
Jose Antonio Reyes?

Anyways I was thinking about getting the Adidas FIFA football for 2007.
............................................................................................. _ _
Its like the world cup ball except the panels that looks like (_::_) are actually coloured in maroon.

Is it worth it, cause its my birthday tomorrow and lols.

Last edited:

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Real Madrid said:
Jose Antonio Reyes?

Anyways I was thinking about getting the Adidas FIFA football for 2007.
............................................................................................. _ _
Its like the world cup ball except the panels that looks like (_::_) are actually coloured in maroon.

Is it worth it, cause its my birthday tomorrow and lols.
Hahaha, you surely are a funny one.

So you're bitchin about PayTV but is willin to pay $200 or somethin for a ball, now that's irony.

Oh and just to inform you, you can watch pretty much all the football you want in the world on the internet through streaming programs, so just learn how to use it and you shall feel like a new born man.

PS. hope you enjoy your bday, don't drink too much though, young man.

^___^
HSC
not much has been said here about bayern, they seems to be a force to be beckon with next season (both euro and domestic)

their signings are quite impressive

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
FFS, sell Henry now. What the fuck was he doing representing our club and speaking like he did in that cunting interview. Disgraceful.

Raginsheep

HSC
HeCtic said:
FFS, sell Henry now. What the fuck was he doing representing our club and speaking like he did in that cunting interview. Disgraceful.
Interview linky?

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Can anyone confirm if Gareth Bale is as good as Tottenham have us believe? I can understand if he's got a bit of potential but to pay 10 million pounds for someone from Southampton who isn't Matt Le Tissier, it seems a bit steep. Could Tottenham be replacing Newcastle in the 'buy the next big thing and hope, only to realise they were never going to be a top class player' (Hugo Viana et al.)?

mat2154

HSC
hes pretty good manu were interested in him, he's quick, and hes a solid defender, but not worth the inflated price tag, i'd prefer wayne bridge for half the price anyday. On the topic of matt le tissier, it was about 10 years ago, the iranian striker alei daei managed to get a trial for southhampton, by claiming that he was george weah's cousin. he came on for le tissier almost scoring, but when southhampton found out that he had no relation to weah his trial contract was immediately terminated.

Last edited:

adders

HSC
... said:
not much has been said here about bayern, they seems to be a force to be beckon with next season (both euro and domestic)

their signings are quite impressive
ure kidding right because bayern arent playing champions league football next season

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
mat2154 said:
hes pretty good manu were interested in him, he's quick, and hes a solid defender, but not worth the inflated price tag, i'd prefer wayne bridge for half the price anyday. On the topic of matt le tissier, it was about 10 years ago, the iranian striker alei daei managed to get a trial for southhampton, by claiming that he was george weah's cousin. he came on for le tissier almost scoring, but when southhampton found out that he had no relation to weah his trial contract was immediately terminated.
Matt Le Tissier will always be one of the best players to grace the premiership. The man was so technically proficient that he could have walked into any top flight team. I remember watching Le Tissier play against Newcastle at St James when I was over there in 1997 and watching him tear up "that" Newcastle team and being the only scorer. It was amazing watching someone who was just a level above the rest on the pitch that day... I haven't seen Kaka or Gerrard etc play in person so I can only imagine it'd be the same experience watching them switched on.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
adders said:
ure kidding right because bayern arent playing champions league football next season
They're in the UEFA Cup, which is a continental competition.

With the signings of Toni and Ribery, you'd have to say they're making a stride forward. I think they're more concerned about regaining the title next season, that's the most important thing for them.

There's a lot of talk about Heinze leaving, gee I really don't want to see him leave. Please Fergie, do your Ronaldo talk and make him stay.

^___^
HSC
adders said:

yeah, and point being??

west ham is not playing champions league football either, but look at their squad

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
The Spanish season is finally ending this weekend, and I really don't know if I want to see Barca or Madrid win it. I've never liked Madrid, but I just wanna see Beckham leave on a high. It would be a shame to see him leave the club without winning anything.

But everything seems to be on Madrid's hands right now, the title is for them to lose. I can't see them losing to Mallorca at home.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Raginsheep said:
Interview linky?
It was on ESPN. Basically he tried to blame the club for the whole Dein thing, the whole experience thing and the lack of trophies and resources we have now. Club captains shouldn't be criticising their club, pushing forward their own agendas and unsettling their squads in the manner he did.

It is more down to imagination than anything else, Thierry Henry will be here next year," Wenger told the club's official website.

Asked whether he could guarantee Henry would remain at Ashburton Grove next season, he added: "Yes, of course."

"I had a chat with Thierry this morning. He asked me whether I’d read the newspapers. I’d not heard about his story. But it’s completely invented. He’s clear, he wants to stay. I’m clear, I want him to stay. So that story has been created."
Not happy with Thierry, but at least this shit should be put to rest. Now fucking sign someone.

@Raiks, Saints fans are laughing all the way to the bank over Bale, while Spurs fans somehow think a 17 year old left back who's had half a good season in the Championship is going to see them overtake us.

Spurs fans are deluded anyway. They seem to believe that they're going forwards and we're going backwards, despite the fact that they finished with less points this season than they did last and were never really in contention for a Champions League spot this season.

They were all adamant that we were losing Henry, Cesc and Wenger and would collapse in a big heap. Their horse has bolted.

LMF^^ said:
With the signings of Toni and Ribery, you'd have to say they're making a stride forward. I think they're more concerned about regaining the title next season, that's the most important thing for them.
They paid 20 mill for Ribery. I thank Bayern for biting the bullet instead of us. For that money you could get Quaresma or Simao with a bit on top for a good youngster as well. Just hope we don't pay 15m for Malouda like all the papers seem to think.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
HeCtic said:
It was on ESPN. Basically he tried to blame the club for the whole Dein thing, the whole experience thing and the lack of trophies and resources we have now. Club captains shouldn't be criticising their club, pushing forward their own agendas and unsettling their squads in the manner he did.

They paid 20 mill for Ribery. I thank Bayern for biting the bullet instead of us. For that money you could get Quaresma or Simao with a bit on top for a good youngster as well. Just hope we don't pay 15m for Malouda like all the papers seem to think.
Meh, Henry's interview was nothing compared to Roy Keane's. But the difference here is that Henry has a more significant role in the Arsenal club now than Keane had during that time of his interview. But you can understand how he feels right, Henry wants to win trophies, and Arsenal ain't delivering any, and he has doubts whether they can in the near future, so he's just venting his frustration and just speaking his mind. Roy Keane did the same too, he was frustrated with the way things were going at Old Trafford back then, which was pretty understandable. However, some of the things he said were completely out of line, and I believe Fergie did the right thing in letting him go. Somehow I can't see Wenger doing the same.

Bayern have money to spend after selling Hargreaves, and I'm sure they don't mind. It's funny when it comes to Arsenal and transfers. It's one thing to buy cheap, but when you want a good player, they rarely come cheap. It's time for you guys to stop being stingy and dig deep, otherwise you can spend a few more years to buy young talents and hope they can become the next Henry or whatever.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
LMF^^ said:
Meh, Henry's interview was nothing compared to Roy Keane's. But the difference here is that Henry has a more significant role in the Arsenal club now than Keane had during that time of his interview.
Henry is supporting the guy who tried to sell our club up shits creek behind the boards back. He's commenting on something which is out of his control and making the club look like the bad guy when Dein was the cunt in the whole saga. Should concentrate on sorting his own game out before criticising the Board who were acting in the best interests of the club.

But you can understand how he feels right, Henry wants to win trophies, and Arsenal ain't delivering any, and he has doubts whether they can in the near future, so he's just venting his frustration and just speaking his mind.
If Henry hadn't bottled those chances against Barca, we'd have been European Champions. Him and Gallas have been bleating on about how the youngsters have been letting us down and we need more experience, when in reality it's been Henry, Gallas, Freddie, Hleb, Baptista and the like who've really let us down. Our league position has more to do with them than how the younger guys have performed. These cunts not only set a bad example to the young players, what's even worse is they're not accepting responisbility for their poor performances.

Even if he is frustrated, he can shut the fuck up with his whiny interviews. The club pay him 120k per week, and during the past two years of him poking his arse out at Barca we've done everything we can to keep him happy and protect his image.

He's as culpable as anyone in unsettling the squad, and he's making all the wrong noises to all the wrong people if he's acting in the best interests of the squad. I don't think Arsene will sell him but I hope he gives him a fucken rocket for what he's done recently.

As for our supposd cheapness, Wenger has spent decent money recently but he's spent it on Hleb, Rosicky, Ade, Theo and Diaby. Two of those are being played out of position and the others are prospects. We're not cheaping out, we just havent signed well on the whole recently.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Whether selling the club is up the shits I'm still not sure, but I think the reason would be to be financially competitive with the other big clubs. It's a competitive market place out there right now, and it's only a reasonable step to take. Look at United now after the Glazers took over, I mean they have not done anything bad other than putting up the ticket prices. The family hasn't interfered with the football aspect of the business, unlike a certain Russian owner, and Fergie has benefited from it. I know there are ppl out there who are against foreign ownership of clubs, but I'm not against it myself, because this is a result of globalisation. The only way to stop this is to have steps to prevent actual private ownership, but somehow I don't see it happening.

I'm assuming this is the same interview as the one published on Soccernet...? He also talked about how his happy to be linked to Milan right...?

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
yea the glazers havent done anything bad since the takeover, the debt that united never had which has resulted in a refinancing of the structure to pay for the debts, which are at around 60 million pounds a year, with a debt of around 650+ million punds that is still owed. so yes nothing to bad at all.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Led-Zep said:
yea the glazers havent done anything bad since the takeover, the debt that united never had which has resulted in a refinancing of the structure to pay for the debts, which are at around 60 million pounds a year, with a debt of around 650+ million punds that is still owed. so yes nothing to bad at all.
Which is the reason why the ticket prices are going up. And even though it's unreasonable, Old Trafford will still be packed every game.

The Glazers have money, and the club is big enough to finance the debt. David Gill is good enough at handling business and I believe that things will not go out of hand while he's still in place. As long as things don't affect our onfield success, I'm happy.

Usually club owners bitch a lot about team performances, the Glazers haven't said a word, which is good. I don't care if they don't give a toss about United, as long as they don't come out whingeing when we aren't winning, it's a good enough scenario for me.

Raginsheep

HSC
LMF^^ said:
Bayern have money to spend after selling Hargreaves, and I'm sure they don't mind. It's funny when it comes to Arsenal and transfers. It's one thing to buy cheap, but when you want a good player, they rarely come cheap. It's time for you guys to stop being stingy and dig deep, otherwise you can spend a few more years to buy young talents and hope they can become the next Henry or whatever.
Bayern are out of the CL after god knows how many years, such an event at the club of its size would cause a massive restructure (i.e. spending).

As for being cheap, I disagree, Wenger is not cheap. Paying 14mil for Reyes and 10mil+ for Theo shows that. He just acts financially prudently because he knows that we can't match the amounts being thrown around by some of the other clubs in Europe. As for Ribery, by all reports Wenger was interested but he probably considered 17mil way too much for such a player.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Raginsheep said:
Bayern are out of the CL after god knows how many years, such an event at the club of its size would cause a massive restructure (i.e. spending).

As for being cheap, I disagree, Wenger is not cheap. Paying 14mil for Reyes and 10mil+ for Theo shows that. He just acts financially prudently because he knows that we can't match the amounts being thrown around by some of the other clubs in Europe. As for Ribery, by all reports Wenger was interested but he probably considered 17mil way too much for such a player.
Or if you took another view, Wenger probably knows he can't afford to outbid other clubs when the pricetag is so high.

So the situation could be even if Wenger does want to spend big, he can't, because the club doesn't have the funds. The only way I can see them making a big signing is if Henry leaves, which I don't think will happen. So you guys just gotta hope all your big guns stay fit and the young'ns come good during the season.

When I look back on the season that just gone by, I think Arsenal's season fell apart as soon as Van Persie got injured, which was after the win against us at Emirates. Shame, you celebrated that victory like it was a title win, but it was the beginning of a horrible collapse. Risking the team's long term wellbeing for just the one win is never worth it, and I believe Wenger made the wrong decision to play Van Persie that game. Would've been much better for us to win and you guys to have Van Persie fit for the rest of the campaign. :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)