• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Official Football Thread 2006/2007 (1 Viewer)

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
of course i wasnt talking about the onfield stuff, thats fantastic that they, so far, have not affected that at all unlike chelksi, however the huge debt united have taken on, which is all of the glazers debt, and the fact that they have not used any of their own cash to buy the club yet have borrowed plenty to finance the move and are having a debt of over 60mill pounds per year, plus to pay off close to a billion dollars to finance the move, its not a great situation compared to making profits of hundreds of millions only 5 years ago and not having a debt.

im sure they have it under control and wont let it spiral to the point of a leeds situation, financially its not great at the moment but we will see. personally i would like to see the debt completely cleared, which wont happen for a long time now.

Raginsheep

HSC
LMF^^ said:
When I look back on the season that just gone by, I think Arsenal's season fell apart as soon as Van Persie got injured, which was after the win against us at Emirates. Shame, you celebrated that victory like it was a title win, but it was the beginning of a horrible collapse. Risking the team's long term wellbeing for just the one win is never worth it, and I believe Wenger made the wrong decision to play Van Persie that game. Would've been much better for us to win and you guys to have Van Persie fit for the rest of the campaign. :)
Apparently he got injured during his celebrations and it was a new injury (I might be wrong about that) so you can't blame Wenger for that and its always nice to beat you guys considering we haven't done it in some years :). Besides, he was at the time our top goal scorer. If Ronaldo was injured in similar circumstances do you think he would've been brought back at the same time?

I'm slightly positive for next season even if we don't bring anyone else in. *touchwood*. This year, we dropped points against alot of the teams in the bottom half where as we would be first if we only counted the top 4 sides so obviously I think we have the quality. Lack of consistency and injured to out two main goal outlets hurt us badly though.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
I'm not the biggest fan or Real Madrid either but I want them to win the title for Beckham. I'm a pretty big fan of him and it would be sad to see him leave without winning any trophies.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
This one of the things I am liking so much about Big Sam managing over Newcastle and Mike Ashley buying out the club. I know Newcastle for the next 3-4 years won't be title contenders but it'd be stupid to think we could be. What's happened is we've now got a prudent owner with a good manager who isn't trophy collecting (of the player variety, not actual silverware) but rather trying to establish Newcastle as a top-end club. We've got the fans, the stadium and the home grown talent to match any club in the world, we just need the glue so it all holds together and I think that's finally happening.

The fact that we've got one of Europe's top youth academies alongside the money now to allow us to buy a few key signings here and there means that Newcastle might actually be on the path on fulfilling it's potential as one of Europes big clubs.

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
Raiks said:
. I know Newcastle for the next 3-4 years won't be title contenders but it'd be stupid to think we could be. .
Reason why Viduka never should have gone there

Raginsheep

HSC
I'll be cynical and say that he did it for the money...but alot would also depend on who really wanted him.

BTW, whats everyone's new kits look like for next season, the white arsenal one looks like shit :(

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Raginsheep said:
I'll be cynical and say that he did it for the money...but alot would also depend on who really wanted him.

BTW, whats everyone's new kits look like for next season, the white arsenal one looks like shit :(
Newcastle's is just inverted from last years, so a bit more black this time around. It's turned out quite good.

And we've now got a collar too!!!

Plus you're right, Arsenal's kit for next year looks horrible.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Arsenal's just white, apparently Chelsea's one looks even worse. It's like the limey Barca one from last season, absolutely disgusting.

Oh and just found something very interesting.

Link between La Liga and EPL champions said:
2001 Real Madrid - Manchester United
2002 Valencia - Arsenal
2003 Real Madrid - Manchester United
2004 Valencia - Arsenal
2005 Barca - Chelsea
2006 Barca - Chelsea
2007 Real Madrid? - Manchester United

Last edited:

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
have you seen uniteds look next season, kinda um odd imo. oh and nice job on the links there, man you do have a lot of time on ur hands LMF. honestly, get out a bit mate.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Led-Zep said:
have you seen uniteds look next season, kinda um odd imo. oh and nice job on the links there, man you do have a lot of time on ur hands LMF. honestly, get out a bit mate.
Yeah I've seen United's, and it doesn't look like anything special.

Oh and I just found it at a forum, I don't specifically find that stuff out myself. Exams are coming up, so these days I'm all stuck at home. When exams are over I'd be out a lot more, so thanks for your concern.

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
saha injured again, for a few months, wont be back till november-december. now you would have to expect united to sign a striker, and i feel if that does happen it could mean that smith may go. i just wonder how much money is left for united to sign a top quality striker.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Trez would blow balls at Arsenal, and fuck all these stories about making signings to keep Henry happy. The guy doesn't want to be here, but won't say so after all the bollocks he spewed when he re-signed last season. Saying it was for the love of the club and how he could never leave.

He's just using the Dein thing as a scapegoat trying to make the board look like the bad guy. Sorry Thierry, but we know who the real cunt in this saga is, and it's not the Arsenal board.

@prince, Huntelaar reminds me of a young Ruud, except less of a disgusting cunt. Would love to sign the guy.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
I think Man United should go for Huntelaar as well. Either him or Gudjohnsen because we could probably get Gudjohnsen pretty cheaply given his struggles last season. I rate him pretty highly.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Heh, Princess Reyes comes off the bench and wins La Liga for Real. That'll add a few million onto his transfer fee. Great performance from the little cunt.

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
yea thatll make it hard to sell off, unless madrid can pay up. but good comeback from madrid this season, did not see them winning anything at the start of the year, so well done to them. i give becks special praise, he deserves to win something, and of course RVN, the goal machine. top scorer in 3 leagues now, absolute legend, always be one of my fave strikers

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Real got lucky, the game could've been over had Hector converted that shot on goal in the second half.

Oh well, congrats to them, and a nice way to send off Beckham and Roberto Carlos. I'm especially happy for Becks, he's been a real professional and will always remain in my heart.

Oh and Tom Cruise was a douche. Madrid won and he was jumping up like he's on Oprah.

EDIT: looks like the trend of the Spanish and English league combo continues.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)