The Official Football Thread 2007/08 (1 Viewer)

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Led-Zep said:
its ok just the opening day, reading did finish 8th last season so they aint gonna be walkothers, and gave united plenty of trouble in fa cup aswell. not to mention its very difficult to play a game when the team is basically 11 men behind the ball for the whole 90mins. very upset to see rooney gone for 2 mths, i had the feeling he was going to blow the season away, he may not do that this time, however great to see tevez starting this wed against pompey. that too will be a difficult game but the league is not won not on 1 or 2 games , expect a battering by united towards pompey.
Haha, welcome to Arsenal's world for the past 3 seasons. What I found heartening was that even with all that possession you only created one good chance at goal and couldn't capitalise on the million ridiculous free kicks Styles gave you around the box.

Better hope Tevez and Anderson settle pretty soon, I look forward to more teams applying the same tactic against you guys this season.

Raiks said:
I think Man City will be dangerous this year. If I had to pick one team to take fourth spot besides Arse/Tott then it'd be Man City.
No team will have the consistency required to break into the top 4 this season. Not enough genuine class in any of the challenging teams.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
So I wake up expecting to watch Arsenal play Sparta finding out that it was in fact tomorrow.

Not to worry, instead I got to see Spudz get turned over 3-1 at home to Everton and now sit bottom of the table.

Hahahaha. Ha!

Last edited:

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
well united do lack that one player to unlock stubborn defences like that, a tall, out an out striker, ala drogba, i mean we have saha but he wont stay fit for 10mins. we wont be gettin any more strikers in, however i wouldve loved anelka to join just for the fact that he is the player we need, and wouldve scored against reading.

lol yea i made a similar mistake got up at 4am and thought united v pompey was on. how stupid! couldve got a sleep in. far out.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Season just started and the games are coming thick and fast. Look forward to seeing Tevez start for us tonight, it's a must win game for us.

Hopefully Toulouse can do to Liverpool what they did to Lyon tonight also.

Here's a few Asian Handicap of tonight's games.

UCL:
Spartak Moscow (-0.5) 1.9 Celtic (+0.5) 1.9
Toulouse (+0.5/1) 1.8 Liverpool (-0.5/1) 2
Sparta Prague (+0.5) 2.02 Arsenal (-0.5) 1.78

EPL:
Portsmouth (+0.5/1) 2.07 Man Utd (-0.5/1) 1.78
Birmingham (even/-0.5) Sunderland (even/+0.5) 1.88
Reading (+0.5/1) 2.05 Chelsea (-0.5/1) 1.8
There are obviously more games but I don't have the time to translate it all. If there are ppl out there interested in this prediction thing we can make it a weekly event.

Raginsheep

HSC
If Portsmouth do what Reading did on the weekend, I wouldn't be surprised if you have another draw...

adders

HSC
looking forward to liverpool's game against toulouse - looking good after a solid win agianst villa on the weekend, finally feel we have the squad to win trophies on a consistent basis

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
adders said:
looking forward to liverpool's game against toulouse - looking good after a solid win agianst villa on the weekend, finally feel we have the squad to win trophies on a consistent basis
We do win trophies on a consistent basis, we just haven't won the league in a while. I think we'll make a good deal of progress this season. Did you see our bench for the game tonight?

Riise
Agger
Torres
Kuyt
Alonso
Sissoko
Itandje

Strongest squad we've had in ages.

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
haha. im looking forward to the man utd game... even though its at 4ish -__-

better lift our game up grr. tevez to score bagfuls. hopefully.. :p (he's in my dream team i think)

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
That Liverpool game was terrible. Rafa abandons his newfound love for the attack after only one game? As boring as ever, hoofball that Houllier would have been proud of.

Arsenal-Sparta should be a lot better. Tommy comes up against his old team. Can't wait.

timlay said:
haha. im looking forward to the man utd game... even though its at 4ish -__-

better lift our game up grr. tevez to score bagfuls. hopefully.. :p (he's in my dream team i think)
C'MON Kanu!! C'MON Lauren!! C'Mon Sol!!!!

Wait, scratch that last one...

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Well done Arsenal. Sparta worked their balls off but tired themselves out and we scored 2 in the last 20 minutes.

2-0, tough game but we're going through.

United 1-1, sounds like Pompey were good for their point too.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
HeCtic said:
That Liverpool game was terrible. Rafa abandons his newfound love for the attack after only one game? As boring as ever, hoofball that Houllier would have been proud of.
Rafa is as ever, a pragmatist. Anyway, I think his European philosophy has served him quite well over the years :p Anyway the temperature was in the mid 30s so it wasn't like the conditions were ideal.

And.. LOL@United. No Rooney for 2 months, no Ronaldo for 3 games. I'm backing City to take at least 1 point from them at home this weekend too. If only my girlfriend didn't just dump me yesterday would've been a darn good day :D

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
no fair. we dominated most of the game. sorta. :(

hmm... still have my hopes up to retain the title. its only been two games -__-

Chelsea FC

HSC
N/A
Apart from Nani and Scholes, Manchester United were quite dreadful:rofl:

Chelsea 2 - Reading 1:)
Manchester United 1 - Pompey 1 (oh dear cough* cough*:wave: )

Fat Rooney out, Ronaldo suspended - live cannot get any better for the Red Devils

60 Million pounds spent = no return on investment

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Chelsea FC said:
Apart from Nani and Scholes, Manchester United were quite dreadful:rofl:

Chelsea 2 - Reading 1:)
Manchester United 1 - Pompey 1 (oh dear cough* cough*:wave: )

Fat Rooney out, Ronaldo suspended - live cannot get any better for the Red Devils

60 Million pounds spent = no return on investment
I don't know what you were watching, but we dominated the whole game. What we lacked again was the finishing department. Pompey defended valiantly, and they took chances, so credit to them for the result. This was one hell of a game, I don't know how you can say we were dreadful.

Nani reminds me of the young Ronaldo, he makes the wrong decisions in the final third. And I'm disappointed about that Ronaldo red, it now really puts us in a bad position for our next few games. Titles perhaps are not won in August, but the points still count towards the end.

I'm glad you kunts are laughing now. There's still plenty of time for youse to drop points. I'm not worried just yet. As long as we get back to winning ways, we'll catch up.

So enjoy this while you can. We'll start winning this weekend at the City Scums.

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
why.. man utd are always the better side.. yet we can't put it into the back of the net... far out...

and i don't get why keepers go in at corners... there are man utd players who were outside, and yet van der sar charges in. heh.... novelty..

far out. what a poor start to the season :(

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
United are the new Arsenal it seems. :D

Now I'm sure you'll all be doing the right thing and cheering for Liverpool to beat Chelsea to keep them in sight before the first month's out. :)

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Benny_ said:
United are the new Arsenal it seems. :D

Now I'm sure you'll all be doing the right thing and cheering for Liverpool to beat Chelsea to keep them in sight before the first month's out. :)
Erm, no. Why would I be cheerin for Liverpool? Come on Chelsea, get a draw!!!

Well at least Mad Jens still provides us with some entertainment, it's made me feel a lil bit better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)