• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

**The Official LED ZEPPELIN thread** (1 Viewer)

ledzeppelin

HSC
how the west was won is the best CD ever
zeppelin are one of the only bands i know that sound better live than on albums
HTWWW is quite brilliant

Last edited:

Pierotte

HSC
Led Zep III was my first zeppelin cd, and its still my favourite. By the way "since ive been loving you" love it or hate it? Personally im a huge fan of this song, but i know many people who say they are just a couple white boys trying to sound blues-y. What do u think?

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
SIBLY, absolutely love it. my fave zep song, if u can say that so many damn fine songs. a couple of white boys tryin to sound bluesy? that is heaps gay, wat about clapton, stevie ray vaughn, gary moore, there all white and yet brilliant blues musicians. who cares wat someone says about a song if u like it thats all that matters. and on SIBLY, imo its one of the best love songs/blues song. ive never heard a bad version ever of that song.

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
led zeppelin's music always seems to have a bluesy 12 bar blues feel to it. i just feel that Jimmy Pages guitar work is so incredible, he is one of the reasons why i play guitar. some of the songs he plays are easy to play, yet friggen hard as hell to master.

And i love my live DVD's n CD's. i agree that they sound better live than studio

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
yes live kicks so much ass. bowman i wouldnt say all zeps songs have a bluesy feel, look at the styles of music they covered, folk,reggae,rock,jazz,phsycadelic,pop, etc. much more i just cant think of it right now. but yea they did a hell of a lot of styles, more than anyother band i say, only other person who i know has that much of a range is Eric Clapton.

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
yeah, but i mean there is a few on every album which have a 12 bar blues riff in it. what i mean is it is a rock 12 bar blues style. and i'm not deniying that the play heaps of styles, i just really enjoy they blues part. in the late 80's n earlie 90's page toured with the black crowes which played very rock'n'roll blues. they are coool as well

vanush

kdslkf
HSC
LOVE zep

What song you think was heaviest? I got the recent live album (HTWWW - literally!) and Immigrant Song on it was damn heavy, then again all their songs live are heavier

Queen is another band which sound better live than studio-

of course IV was the best album !

edit: i have a french clip of ledzep playing in the early days (69) with page using a violin bow. its on torrentspy.

Last edited:

sfk_fan

HSC
led zep are awesome. hmm fave song for me is either stairway... or achilles last stand.

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
yeah i just bought a book, it's a biograpgy of them. it's really interesting. half way through. i wished it was longer.

yeah i love the Houses of the Holy album. it's got my fav songs on it, the ocean and over the hills an far away

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
hey time to celebrate 6 months of this thread being opened by me. yay! ahh who would've thought, shit this thread has lasted longer than some of my relationships...actually this msg is just to hopefully kick start more Led zeppelin talk. few songs that i really dig, Tea for One, Ten years gone and Im gonna crawl, cant beleive i hated them before.

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
this coming from a guy who joined a little over a month ago and already has over 200 posts..hmm interesting isnt it.

im an idiot

or am i?
HSC
Led-Zep said:
this coming from a guy who joined a little over a month ago and already has over 200 posts..hmm interesting isnt it.
its good to see you care

INXS

King For A Day
HSC
I love Kashmir, the start of the song rox !

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Led Zeppelin are bloody awesome. IV was their best album by far, but you can't go past classics like Black Dog, Stairway to Heaven and Kashmire. So many others, but you get the point.

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
yea id say Kashmir is their greatest song, its not my fave (SIBLY is) but it has the best combination of lyrics, music and vocals..such a hypnotic tune..great song to bob ur head to

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)