The Official Pink Floyd Thread (1 Viewer)

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
over the years my pink floyd collection has declined considerably due to neglect/loss. (and i lost ummagamma and animals when those idiots lost a whole box of my cds when we moved a few years ago :().

i have to disagree that the final cut is *complete* rubbish - definitely not floyd at their finest or anything but i still enjoy it and listen to it on occasion. i think the first half of the album in general is about 60 times better than the latter though.

anyone a syd barrett fan?

Senator04

HSC
N/A
What is the band's music like when Syd Barrett was still a member, Piper on the Other Side Of Dawn etc. Is it comparable in terms of quality with the later albums? Or a different style all together.

Mojoman

Interstellar Overdrive
HSC
N/A
Senator04 said:
What is the band's music like when Syd Barrett was still a member, Piper on the Other Side Of Dawn etc. Is it comparable in terms of quality with the later albums? Or a different style all together.
he was with them during piper at the gates of dawn, and featured on a few of the songs on a saucerful of secrets. but by then gilmour had pretty much taken the reins of singer/guitarist, and waters was starting to write the songs.

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
Not a big fan of their stuff after Waters left either, but I don't mind the music - it's just not as good. I do like the Pulse concert though (mostly because it's 90% songs before Waters left) and a good listen.

Only two albums I don't think I've heard are Atom Heart Mother and The Final Cut.

wanton-wonton

HSC
Listening to the first track of Atom Heart Mother is a lingering yet amusing journey towards self-enlightment.

No...not really.

Last edited:

Murray

Follower of Odin
HSC
has any one heard the tracks from Rogers new albem he was sellin on line ?
.... if so could u tell me if there any good or at least if there as good as 'Amused to Death'

AND ... the offical PF forum shut down ... which is bad (and the forum just before it shut down had became crap!) does ne one know of a real good Floyd forum????

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Oh. My. God. That is so friggin' awesome! Is it being broadcast in Australia?

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Bumpity bump....
Dark Side of the Moon is currently 24th on the ARIA chart :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)