The Official Pink Floyd Thread (1 Viewer)

Anna D

HSC
Mojoman I totally agree with everything:

""as for me, favourite album: id have to say either wish you were here or ummagumma.

favorite song: very hard, toss up between wish you were here, comfortably numb, a saucerful of secrets, echoes and shine on you crazy diamond""

Counterfeit

HSC
... i just want to post to show that i like them....

Um, fave album... i quite like pulse (disk 2) at the moment

what else to say, I like the poster of theire back catalogue *sigh*

When they sung "wish you were here" at live 8 I was dissapointed at the cheesiness of it... yes Syd, such a sad story, but isn't there a point in ur life where u have to get over it?

hearing floyd on the radio before an exam is my good luck thing...

Just before Maths HSC i heard wish you were here, and i felt all lucky, as before my maths trial i "Money" playing just as i got out of the car, i got 92% (sure helped with the finantial math??) , then before my english trial part 1 i heard brick in the wall, and i completely aced that exam.

I sure hope there is some floyd playing on the radio before chemistry! ...

shit i sounds bit screwed in the head... im not into superstitious crap, but it really works! And it only works if its on the radio, not on cd.

that is all for now.

wanton-wonton

HSC
Counterfeit: The whole WYWH album was dedicated to him, how can you play that song without mentioning him?

What radio station? WSFM?

Last edited:

Counterfeit

HSC
wanton-wonton said:
Counterfeit: The whole WYWH album was dedicated to him, how can you play that song without mentioning him?

What radio station? WSFM?

...i know that!! Im not nuts, I love the WYWH album, i just think that when it was written the emotions on that album were raw, fresh, uninhibited... it touched me

but a live 8, i dunno, i wasn't moved by it at all, it seemed rather showy, as if singing wish you were here was just the proper thing to do, a crowd pleaser and nothing more.

Anyway im sure the rest of their performance was good, but WYWH was the only coverage channel 9 did of pink floyd :( (shitty shitty channel 9... craig david and tina arena murdering a beatles classic on the other hand is SO worthy of coverage! pfft) im sure they played many other songs that i did not have the pleasure of viewing. They wouldnt have just dont one mornfull song. ( I am so going to get attacked for dissing Pink Floyd in the official Pink Floys thread...)

What else did they perform at live 8?

(And yeah, it was WSFM hehe... that station can be quite good minus all the shitty adds and abundance of really bad 80's australian rock. But i always listen to it when im driving (flicking to JJJ in adds), as seeing since i live in the south coast the only time i can get reception is in the ford so i take advantage...)

wanton-wonton

HSC
They played Comfortably Numb, Money, and WYWH and maybe 1 more, I can't remember. I'm sure you knew.

You can download the videos off the net, it's somewhere....:)

G

Gavvvvvin

Yay finally got The Wall yesterday for $10.

Bless you Rockbottom :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)