The PAU/The Arts Unit Thread: Music (1 Viewer)

jessabelle080

Concerts?

timyates_87 said:
heya coolies!! im 1st trumpet in PAU orchestra and 4th :( trumpet in spec.. are you in year 12? how crap was it that the cancelled our finnaly xmas concert :( i didn't even get to say bye to all the pau ppl that didn't get into spec.

i got scared when the stage kept shaking with the damn choir!! :p
how AWESOME was the rhythm section this year!!!
Yeah, im in year 12 (or rather i was), i didn't turn up to like most of the last concerts, i was way to busy with school stuff. The stage always shakes with spec, last year was the scariest cause the choir would jump up and down soooo much in the finale. You get used to it though.

chepas

HSC
jessabelle080 said:
The stage always shakes with spec, last year was the scariest cause the choir would jump up and down soooo much in the finale. You get used to it though.
... the finale as well as 500 Miles in the 80s medley this year, when everyone in the choir gallery felt the need to march! I could have sworn I heard something crack, literally...

What was the Orchestra piece this year (like the Copland one last year)? Wasn't home when the broadcast was on and when it was on time record, blackout :mad:.

ja`-/se

HSC
Hey Bunny do u play in SYO? Anyways, about George Torbey (Torbay) - however u spell his name - hmmm, so u say that hes not nice to asians ehh?
Oh well, but if i remember rite there were two asian violin players in Spec a few yrs ago playing duo or sumfing.

demosthenes

Executive Sardine
HSC
Hey I havent ever had anything to do with PAU. But i want to, just for year 12. I know all the stuff u say about favouritism, but i wanna try anyway. What I want to ask is what kinda piece i should play--a ballad? a bop piece? (This is for the stage band btw)
I shoulda tried for PAU ages ago :-(

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
demosthenes said:
Hey I havent ever had anything to do with PAU. But i want to, just for year 12. I know all the stuff u say about favouritism, but i wanna try anyway. What I want to ask is what kinda piece i should play--a ballad? a bop piece? (This is for the stage band btw)
I shoulda tried for PAU ages ago :-(
for stage band, you have to prepare 2 contrasting pieces, and theyll probably only ask you to play like 2 mins of each. Also, youll have to do sum sight reading, and they might ask you to play scales - just major/minor. I think sometimes they might ask you to do sum improvisation - although i didnt get asked at my audition this year....

it depends what instrmuent you play really, but if you play the trumpet you should play something that is heaps loud and high.

demosthenes

Executive Sardine
HSC
Yeh i will probably just prepare a parker tune and a ballad.
Hey do u guys all watch the pulse? It is on now! awesome LIVE JAZZ on ABC!!!:D:D:D

jessabelle080

chepas said:
... What was the Orchestra piece this year (like the Copland one last year)? Wasn't home when the broadcast was on and when it was on time record, blackout :mad:.
The orchestra didn't have a feature piece this year. (The BASTARDS!!!) it would have been good if we had for my last year. oh well, i'll be shitty if they have one next year :(

ja`-/se

HSC
Bunny04 said:
Yeah, i used too, quit after 2 weeks of first term this year...
was in SYOA for 4 years, and got really sick of it :p
Oh, so which orch were u in? Lols, ive been in for a little longer, but im not that bored, still quite interesting ^^.

timyates_87

Hello.
HSC
damn youuuuuuuuu!!! i should have repeated year 12!!! :( i wanna go to europe.. they are still going there right!!... :( im in absolutly nooo orchestras this semester!! :(

timyates_87

Hello.
HSC
forleece said:
This year the orchestra is going to Europe: Germany, Austria and Chezch Republic if I remember correctly.
damn you!! i wanna go :( *sobs*

Last edited by a moderator:

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Alright guys, I've been alerted to problems regarding this thread.

Please stop flaming each other in the thread, you can use MSN or PM's or whatever, just not on the forum. If the flaming continues, I'll have to start introducing temporary bans on individuals.

Thanks

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
Anymore mention of George Torbay in a capacity other than his conducting skills in this forum will be removed. Anymore flaming of other members will not be tolerated.

I REPEAT: if you have an issue with anybody else - PM them. If you have a problem with me or the way I mod - PM me and we'll discuss it there (like forleece did, thank you for that by the way) I am also contactable by e-mail.

Last edited:

imhere4themusic

flied lice
HSC
Pau Orchestra end of year europe!

We are going to Europe for 16 days in December. Should be great. Pieces at the moment are bad. After next week I'll tell you what we're playing...

Last edited by a moderator:

queeny

HSC
hey guys

i wow a pau thread! im in senior singers (george is a really nice chum if u get 2 meet him) anyways i was in spec the past few years and at music camp....its not fair my parents wont let me go to smc its sooo gay, i had the choice of smc or starstruck grrrrr....anyways yeh :cool:

bart69

chepas said:
Never seen a thread on this before, so...

Anyone in their ensembles, music ones at least? I'm in the marching band and I did Senior Singers last year, and regret not doing it this year.

And who's looking forward to School Spec this year? :D If your in year12, will you still be hanging around to do it, whether its for orchestra, the massed choir/other? Hehe. I'm interested to know cos I'd like to do it, but I don't know if I'll have a full on job after the HSC, if they'd be happy if one took 5 days off in a row for spec, cos of rehearsals and the actual days etc. How would you juggle it?

So, what are we in? TDP, SSWE, SSWO, Jazz orchestra, Singers etc?
When is the first rehearsal for school spec orchestra? My lst HSC exam finishes on the 28th of october? I play the violin and live about 6 hours north of Sydney.

bart69

queeny said:
hey guys

i wow a pau thread! im in senior singers (george is a really nice chum if u get 2 meet him) anyways i was in spec the past few years and at music camp....its not fair my parents wont let me go to smc its sooo gay, i had the choice of smc or starstruck grrrrr....anyways yeh :cool:
Thats the same with me!!!!! Dont ya hate it!!!! I have the choice of SMC or School Spec... I was at camp last year too and the year b4.. what did you play? (or sing)

bart69

Bunny04 said:
pieces at the moment are annoyingly annoying... Cappricio espagnol right?
Are u struggling wit your pieces? Me too!! I havent started some of mine because im doing AmusA pieces? What do u play? Romainian Folk dance N06 Is hard at da moment!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)