The Sydney Conservatorium Students Thread (1 Viewer)

timyates_87

Hello.
HSC
oh shoosh. maybe.. but thats not the point.. adrian is one of my best friends and yeh.. shoosh :p

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
OooOooooHHHhhhh i saw da hot trumpet guy again today mmmmmm... yummy

is the aural perception mid semester test during normal aural class time cos if it is then im screwd cos then mine would be on tomorow... uh oh!!

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
They want you to do well in the course, but they also don't want you stuck there. I know of one student who did AP2 six times...

timyates_87

Hello.
HSC
trumpet geek said:
OooOooooHHHhhhh i saw da hot trumpet guy again today mmmmmm... yummy
fuck im going to have to warn adrian about this. hey if i get fucked over *cough* moon_styla *cough* why not fuck other people up to :)

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
moon_styla didn't fuck anything up. you pretty much announced it

and besides, its not adrian?

*points and laughs*

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
heh

i missed a day of uni today

i had all this homework due on wednesday

on saturday i said "i'll do it tomorrow"
on sunday i said "i'll do it tomorrow"
on monday i said "i'll do it tomorrow"
on tuesday i said "i'll skip half my lectures tomorrow and do it then"
and on wednesday morning i said "thats it screw it im going shopping"

:) im grateful that i got into the con, can't you tell?

moon_styla

[16527th BoS member]
HSC
woah so many posts i have to catch up on!!

ur_inner_child said:
moon_styla didn't fuck anything up. you pretty much announced it

yeh u go girl lol.. ur such a funny person u know... *music tech*

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

oh and does everyone know who i am now? i think ive talked to everyone now who posts on BoS? hrmmm

oh and i had slunch with hoshimi n vanessa hehehe

but yeah im over vanessa now.. shes not THAT good.. ive realised.... and anyway i think she knows..? coz of some people...? :S i THINK? coz everyone else seemed to know.. which was freaky!!

Jazz Man Tim

Cannonball
HSC
lol Moon, im sure ur not the only Con student who l ikes Vanessa, she probably gets it alot of the time.... :rolleyes:

u haven't met me, but then again. im not a constudent! :p

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Hey just asking, as to what level of playing guitar wise would one need to be accepted within the Conservatorium? Im just curious as i plan to continue with my guitar and hopefully branch into a Jazz and more Classical style of playing (currently ive only really dabbled in baroque and flamenco styles outside of the traditional rock/metal disciplines).

Is there anyway i can get tested, just to determine my skill level rather than get into the con?

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
AsyLum said:
Hey just asking, as to what level of playing guitar wise would one need to be accepted within the Conservatorium? Im just curious as i plan to continue with my guitar and hopefully branch into a Jazz and more Classical style of playing (currently ive only really dabbled in baroque and flamenco styles outside of the traditional rock/metal disciplines).

Is there anyway i can get tested, just to determine my skill level rather than get into the con?
Do you know anyone else that plays guitar? I always just compared myself to them, though that's not very accurate. I'm not sure you can determine a skill accuratley. If you find out, please let me know? Because I stopped in primary school at AMEB Grade 4 at piano. I self taught the rest, and I think I have the guts to see how far (or how much I fell) during those years...

Branching into jazz and classical guitar is definatley possible at the Con... I don't have any info about it though.

Just try it out! No one's going to have a laugh about it if you're "not that great". I'd be such an admirer. Especially if you're a jazz man. :)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
ur_inner_child said:
Do you know anyone else that plays guitar? I always just compared myself to them, though that's not very accurate. I'm not sure you can determine a skill accuratley. If you find out, please let me know? Because I stopped in primary school at AMEB Grade 4 at piano. I self taught the rest, and I think I have the guts to see how far (or how much I fell) during those years...

Branching into jazz and classical guitar is definatley possible at the Con... I don't have any info about it though.

Just try it out! No one's going to have a laugh about it if you're "not that great". I'd be such an admirer. Especially if you're a jazz man. :)
Well see me and my friend andrew have always been kinda on the same level, helps when you practice through 7-12, and so we developed at about the same rate. But yeah neither of us know our skill level compared to conservatorium etc.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
hehehe

i just want everyone to know that even though i can't sight read for shit and have to go "every good boy deserves fruit" etc, I'm in the top stream for harmony and analysis and i'm doing FUCKING BRILLIANTLY.

I know this is kinda mean to show off etc, but it is the ONLY subject that I'm cruising with.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)