• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Woolworths Thread (9 Viewers)

Harry778

HSC
Re: Refurbishment and few words..

anybody work at woolworths Umina, your getting our store manager, hehehe
ohhh I here thats a nice store..?
Is that on the central coast? In Woy Woy or something?

Starfire

HSC
Dunno if this is a dumb Q, but what is service 230? They always call out service 230 is now required, produce to aisle this, meat to aisle that ect. What is it?

Craven

HSC

We have the staggered type express lanes so its easy to serve one or two people then jump off.
Same (and I hope we still have it after the refurb), but still, the service manager isn't allowed to serve any customers, not even smokeshop.

Any stores get really busy with the whole 40c fuel offer ?? It was horrible today!

HSC

Same (and I hope we still have it after the refurb), but still, the service manager isn't allowed to serve any customers, not even smokeshop.
If thats the case then how does the whole 'manage off the desk' principle work?? Marty doesn't really have a clue, does he?

After our refurb, we're losing our current lanes, will be getting six self serve and four laned express lanes. Shame really, but there's no other way to put self serve in.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad

Marty is apparantly a massive dickhead and massively out of tocuh with how things work in "the real world" or so i heard

Craven

HSC

lol... the whole point was it to resemble an apple anyways... freshness? urgh.

Well apparently the service manager isn't supposed to be standing behind the desk unless s/he is doing something there (using the terminal or phone)... s/he should be standing out on the floor directing customers to the next available lane. Honestly, you do need to do that.. some customers are stupid and decide to line up behind one register when there are clearly shorter lines or no lines further down!

HSC

Well apparently the service manager isn't supposed to be standing behind the desk unless s/he is doing something there (using the terminal or phone)... s/he should be standing out on the floor directing customers to the next available lane. Honestly, you do need to do that.. some customers are stupid and decide to line up behind one register when there are clearly shorter lines or no lines further down!
thats true

mlee72

HSC

lol... the whole point was it to resemble an apple anyways... freshness? urgh.

gahh, i hate that especially when they start going off about the wait, i just go "theres actually no one waiting on register '16' and ' john' would be more than happy to serve you. shuts them up pretty quick

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
If customers aren't smart enough to see that there is no queue in x register, provided its light is on etc, then that is their loss. The only exception I would see is if a register had just opened while they were in a queue, then it would be acceptable to direct them there.

HSC
lol I once tried to direct someone to the register of a shit operator, and the customer turned around to me and said, I'd rather wait here than be served by that incompetent fuck.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
when i did a shift at macquarie i had to close off a register, i jumped on to serve the last trolley, and a guy just arrived with a basket. i said "sorry, this register is closing, but there's plenty open over at express" and he goes "no, i'm here now so you'll serve me" dickhead waited a good 5 minutes for me to finish the trolley customer, when he would have been served in about 30 seconds at express. customers dont understand that yes, whilst there was only 1 person in front of him on full service, it was a trolley and 1 person serving. there were 10 people waiting on express, but with 6 people serving, and all baskets DO THE MATH PEOPLE

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
I was in Macquarie yesterday, it was ridiculously busy. The self-serve queue went halfway down aisle 1. Most were like me I think and were buying a few confectionery items there instead of the cinema (once you get out of school, you realise how busy school holidays are). They must be turning over close to $2 million/week, there was that many people in there.

bdude

HSC
and he goes "no, i'm here now so you'll serve me" dickhead waited a good 5 minutes for me to finish the trolley
What REALLY annoys me is when the "Let us serve you on a nother register" (i.e "Closed") sign is up, the light is off and I'm quite clearly bagging up a register people STILL try to line up OR ask "are you open?"

Harry778

HSC
What REALLY annoys me is when the "Let us serve you on a nother register" (i.e "Closed") sign is up, the light is off and I'm quite clearly bagging up a register people STILL try to line up OR ask "are you open?"
Gah! when that happens I sooo feel like saying 'DO I FUCKIN LOOK OPEN"?! Hahaha. Or when your standing there doing NOTHING cos there is no one to serve they go "Are you open"? I also feel like saying, "No..I'm just standing here for no reason" Seriously as soon as people enter a Woolworths store, or any shop for that matter, they just instantly turn into really really stupid people. I dont know what it is?
ME: Next please
C: -
ME: Nexxt Please..
ME: NEXT PLEASE
ME: (walks up to customer) Excuse me I'm open would you like to go to the end register?
C: - (staring blankly)
ME: I'M OPENNNNNNNNN!
C: - ...............Oh, sorry didnt hear you

LOL...

TheGeorgia

HSC
lol sounds like you really enjoy the customer interaction at your job.
i have a question, dunno if its been answered already but i can't find it,.

if you're on your 15 min break and a service 20 or express alert gets called do you have to go up and cut your break short to help out?

ive never been told about it, and if they're taking it seriuosly and writing things down like that, then i guess i should kinda find out.... :confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)