• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Woolworths Thread (7 Viewers)

lacho95

HSC
Yeah, the new printer menu is good because you dont have to sign in to a checkout to reset printer etc.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
i want them to bring in spot checks without needing to sign on, and the ability to force sign yourself off if you try sign into another register

jgibson0011

HSC
N/A
i want them to bring in spot checks without needing to sign on, and the ability to force sign yourself off if you try sign into another register
you can buy phone credit from every register...what about being able to write stuff off from the registers instead of manually writing it. would save soo much time!

DM Mike

HSC
and the ability to force sign yourself off if you try sign into another register
I was under the impression that they deliberately left that out to prevent people becoming complacent about staying signed on.

Spot checks woolies make hard, back at my old store when i did cash and we counted the tills in the office the other evening cashier bought a cheap machine that counted coins and notes based on the weight, and we were much more accurate and efficent because of it. My whole time I reckon the machine was wrong once and that was due to a fake note...

All youd have to do is use till inserts that have removable coin compartments and you could spot check in about 60 seconds flat...

And got a glimpse of the new managers striped shirts, Im not saying their bad, but I find them hilarious, it seems like woolies is trying to make a green barbershop quartet out of teh store managment team...

HSC
Spot checks woolies make hard, back at my old store when i did cash and we counted the tills in the office the other evening cashier bought a cheap machine that counted coins and notes based on the weight, and we were much more accurate and efficent because of it. My whole time I reckon the machine was wrong once and that was due to a fake note...

All youd have to do is use till inserts that have removable coin compartments and you could spot check in about 60 seconds flat...
OMGZ I want one for our cash office. Sounds sweet!

Craven

HSC
brings up all this information relating to the last chip card transaction.. some legal requirement that we have to be able to produce this information if a customer requests it... eh..

brookie94

HSC
Can you guys just tell me straight up, is woolies good to work at/for?
I need answers because if I take it I will be rejecting maccas and it seems fun lol I know it's only maccas but I don't wanna turn down a fun job for a crap one that I will hate
anwers? Your thought?

HSC
I need answers because if I take it I will be rejecting maccas and it seems fun lol I know it's only maccas but I don't wanna turn down a fun job for a crap one that I will hate
anwers? Your thought?
I don't want to say one is better than the other because I've never worked at Maccas BUT

I'd like to think Woolies is reasonably fun FOR A PLACE OF EMPLOYMENT. Its not going to be a theme park, but I'm sure you get that ;). There are pro's and cons for each, in the end you have to weigh up whats best for you. We can't tell you the right answer.

If it helps, I would pick Woolies. Because we're super cool. :D Right guys?

danberg

HSC
Originally Posted by townie
you know you can reset the pinpad without unplugging/restarting the PoS. just hold down Savings, Cheque and Cancel.
wish you could have told me that a few days ago :( might have saved me from rebooting the last register being used before close, and having to wait ages before i could spot it.
lol he did say it a few days (weeks?) ago.
I've used it a few times already, it was an absolute lifesaver, especially when really busy.

Re: Upgrade, is anyone else finding the new O.M. really annoying? it just seems unnecessary for the $10/$5 notes, and even if needed it should be after the notes in the menu, not after coins.
I kept stuffing up the spot checks when i started today, had to be careful.

SS-champion

HSC
O.M. also annoys me. And what's the point of splitting up the 10c and 20c "rolls"? I generally hate upgrades, always problems. Our registers are all slow and we did have many problems with eft.

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
You only get groceries every 3 days? I wish my store had that luxury... a quiet night for us atm is 40 pallets every day, and we will be at around 70 pallets/day the week before Christmas. You do get quite the adrenaline rush at Christmas, especially Christmas Eve.
yeah it's bloody annoying because the trucks that deliver to stores who get Grocery deliveries every day has to drive THROUGH our town to get to them lol

But those every 3 days are a panic for our very small back yard, plus it's all un covered too...I say they need to put a roof over it and put some fucking pallet racking out there to save room. That way there's no need for a major panic when it starts to rain

brookie94

HSC
I don't want to say one is better than the other because I've never worked at Maccas BUT

I'd like to think Woolies is reasonably fun FOR A PLACE OF EMPLOYMENT. Its not going to be a theme park, but I'm sure you get that ;). There are pro's and cons for each, in the end you have to weigh up whats best for you. We can't tell you the right answer.

If it helps, I would pick Woolies. Because we're super cool. :D Right guys?
Thanks :) so do you like it for the most part? What are the pros and cons

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
anwers? Your thought?
Oh god, don't take the Maccas job!
My friends work at maccas and they get 2 shifts a week and they are yucky close shifts (tones of cleaning and stuff). Get an average $70 a week.

I work at Safeway and get the highest retail pay in Australia for people my age, most shifts out of all my friends, and pretty fun work environment (better then maccas).
I've been working for 1 month and 1 week, and I have got just under $1000 - I showed my friends that and they nearly fell of their chair. That is a LOT of money for a 15 year old.

BTW - I am paid to bludge. We have hardly NO customers when we go to the after hours doors, hahahhaha. Does get boring though.

Thanks

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)