• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

Craven

HSC
Change orders are done at set times during the day (our store does a morning change and afternoon change run - the morning change the supervisors order when they put the tills in; the afternoon change is done if an operator bothers to do one). At our store we do the change order whenever we (the office cashier) feel like it lol, but usually the morning change is done by 9am and the afternoon change well... usually 2pm but sometimes it doesn't get done at all and the orders just get cancelled...

jirwin

HSC
Change orders are done at set times during the day (our store does a morning change and afternoon change run - the morning change the supervisors order when they put the tills in; the afternoon change is done if an operator bothers to do one). At our store we do the change order whenever we (the office cashier) feel like it lol, but usually the morning change is done by 9am and the afternoon change well... usually 2pm but sometimes it doesn't get done at all and the orders just get cancelled...
What's happens if an operator runs out of change before the office cashier does the change order?

jgibson0011

HSC
N/A
How long does it take to get the change?
it can take a while sometimes, because we have to wait for the change order to become accepted (the small button that says "CH" goes green). It probably takes between 15-30mins at my store.

The worst thing I hate, particularly on express, is when the cashier before me doesn't order nearly enough change. Supervisors generally hate swapping change from other registers, and one of my supervisors doesn't do it at all...rather she gets me to go on another register.

jgibson0011

HSC
N/A
It once took me 4.5 hours to get my change. I had $50s and 5c, and nothing in between. Was an interesting day.
Nup...sorry...I've tried doing that before and it never lasts. Once it got so bad I wasn't able to give a customer her change. I had to swap it from another register.

It came to a point where I would 'refuse' to use a register without the proper change. I like to have a spare roll of coins in each denomination, except 20c pieces, where I order x2. Also, at least 2 bundles of 5 and 10 dollar notes, and a couple of 20 dollar notes.

Craven

HSC
What's happens if an operator runs out of change before the office cashier does the change order?
They generally don't because they order ridiculous amounts of change the they are always brimming... like 6 bundles of $10 and $5 and 2 rolls of each coin ... seriously annoys the shit out of me, that's why I usually cancel change orders in the afternoon, lol because they just don't need it.

And yeah, swapping change between registers is against policy, but I do it because it's easier than spotting a new till for the operator...

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
For some reason at out Bigw self serve they only put 5 plastic bags in the loading area and they just keep adding small amounts when they go. Keeps the RAP person busy I guess but there are too many people trying to steal the extra extra large bags, they are like the big garbage bag size.

jgibson0011

HSC
N/A
I miss how we used to get change in cardboard rolls, not this plastic crap..

For some reason at out Bigw self serve they only put 5 plastic bags in the loading area and they just keep adding small amounts when they go. Keeps the RAP person busy I guess but there are too many people trying to steal the extra extra large bags, they are like the big garbage bag size.
I like how the Self-Serve machines at Big W have a place for the attendant to stand, and after to scan an item, it reads back the price.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
we're massive change orderers at our store, mainly because our SSO can sometimes get lazy :p and not do change for ages, and we have half our store sales go through only 3 registers at night when there is no change run.

So a standard change run (for a drawer with no spare bundles/rolls) for us is

1 bundle $20 notes
2 bundle $10 notes
2 bundle $5 notes
2 rolls of EVERYTHING (except 20c where it's 3 or 4)

Craven

HSC
Yeah, you just order extra $10 bundles and usually the SSA knows you want a bundle of 20s but usually you let them know as well.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
you can get bundles of $20's???

I'm not a big change orderer, but thats because I hate counting it.
it's not available to order on the screens, but we just order extra $10 notes and tell the SSO to give us $20's instead, we dont really need to say usually anywho

3 bundles of 10 really means 2 bundles of 10 and $100 in 20's
4 bundles of 10 really means 2 bundles of 10 and 1 bundle 20's

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
sounds good, even if we order quite a few bundles of 10's they won't give out 20's.
i dont know why, thats so stupid, if you run out of 20's and dont give out anymore, then the safe (and drawers) are going to run out of $10 notes, and i HATE when our safe runs out of 10's

Craven

HSC
Haha, our safe ran out of $5 notes once.. this was the week after we got SCOs and they didn't order extra notes from armaguard so there were about 3 days where we couldn't give out $5 notes haha.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Haha, our safe ran out of $5 notes once.. this was the week after we got SCOs and they didn't order extra notes from armaguard so there were about 3 days where we couldn't give out $5 notes haha.
FUCK!

lol, that reminds me, think the same thing happened to a new store in our area, because the SSS rang me up and is like "hey, do you have some spare bulk coin, another store needs it"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)