• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah, it's a lot of work to do every day for no real benefit I think. I don't think it's anymore effective tracking cash over a day than a week... back in those days didn't the operators have to foot shortages?

Also technically speaking the money in the floats is Armaguards as we have to bank to them the total float every Monday.... if we reissued floats every day wouldn't we have to bank the floats everyday? That's a lot of money - our floats are 45k. Or am I just being crazy? lol, or did they just pickup everything in the till so it was 0, then reissue the value of the spotcheck and have the safe out each day and then short/overbank it? Doesn't make much sense to me! Haha.
i think it was just p/up, bank of excess, re-issue of float. back in the day, the safe was ALWAYS kept at it's authorised holdings. my SSO still takes money out of pickups to balance short-banks

(i.e. if she shortbanks $11.00 for postage, at the next pickup of say $8000, she will only bank $7989, and add the $11 back to the safe)

Craven

HSC
Oh ok. I hardly bank any pickups anymore because our authorised holding is 95k and by Wednesday it is at 50k and last time I worked a Sunday the girl on Saturday didn't adjust the safe at all so I had to find 45k on a Sunday to get it back up (which I only managed because we had extended trading hours for Christmas.. a normal Sunday and I definitely wouldn't have made it without stripping the SCOs). So yeah, I do Tuesday & Wednesday nights and I haven't been banking pickups, just putting it bank into the safe.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Oh ok. I hardly bank any pickups anymore because our authorised holding is 95k and by Wednesday it is at 50k and last time I worked a Sunday the girl on Saturday didn't adjust the safe at all so I had to find 45k on a Sunday to get it back up (which I only managed because we had extended trading hours for Christmas.. a normal Sunday and I definitely wouldn't have made it without stripping the SCOs). So yeah, I do Tuesday & Wednesday nights and I haven't been banking pickups, just putting it bank into the safe.
how often do you get armaguard?

we're $15k on monday, then drops to $6-8k depending on floats, then goes up to about $10-12 on first p/up, then up to 18ish after armaguard, then kinda remains pretty stable, lowest i've seen it late week is $10k

Craven

HSC
Once a week, Wednesdays. Change is around 13k. I don't think we really need 95k lol, but oh well!

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Once a week, Wednesdays. Change is around 13k. I don't think we really need 95k lol, but oh well!
fuck, yeah, sounds a bit excessive esp with only one change run, how many registers?

Craven

HSC
12 large, 3 exp, 2 s/s, 5 sco... lol
it used to be 35K when we had 16 large, 4 exp and 2 S/S but the SCOs do have a lot of money in them, around 6k each.

jgibson0011

HSC
N/A
You have six total registers??
Fuck, you work in a milkbar lol!
Nah, milkbars have only one, two at the most.
lordtopcat, do you have smokeshop registers too?

My store:
2 smokeshop
4 express
6 self serve
9 large lane

kahlanei

HSC
The one I used to work at wasn't too bad...

12 large lanes (I think 3 of these were broken in some way or another...)
3 express
1 smokeshop

bdude

HSC
We have 9 Full, 4 Express (2 detached) and 1 at the front of the service desk for smokes/refunds/etc

jirwin

HSC
We have 9 Full, 4 Express (2 detached) and 1 at the front of the service desk for smokes/refunds/etc
We have 4 express (attached to service desk), 2 at the service desk, 9 Large although register 13 is rarely used, usually loose stock is dumped there instead.

Apparently we are getting self serve soonish. They've removed the entrance and made it bigger and I've heard rumors that our current express will be removed and replaced by 4 self serve and we will get a new express (meaning only 1 express register). Not sure when this is meant to be happening.

Harry778

HSC
wow. My store has:

2 smoke shop
8 express
6 self serve
14 large.

And there is a register at the actual service desk next to the work station, not sure what its for but its never turned on and never a float in it?? Possibly for selling the stuff we have on the wall against the smoke cabinet..you know how there are phone cards, and wish cards and stuff. But, its NEVER been used.

also, found some pictures of weirs stores..

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p296/mennell85/Australia/Brisbane and Australia Zoo/DSCF1519.jpg
it looks like it one big row of express lanes? That would be kind of fun working on there..look down the line and see everyone working away haha. Wonder where this would be?

Last edited:

bdude

HSC
And there is a register at the actual service desk next to the work station, not sure what its for but its never turned on and never a float in it?? Possibly for selling the stuff we have on the wall against the smoke cabinet..you know how there are phone cards, and wish cards and stuff. But, its NEVER been used.
Is your smoke shop seperate to the service desk? Now it makes sense that you have a seperate smokeshop operator.

Harry778

HSC
Last edited:

bdude

HSC
What do you mean seperate smoke shop operator?
Well you were saying that you sometimes do smoke shop shifts, I thought that meant a shift were you just work selling smokes and that kind of stuff, correct me if I'm wrong.

brookie94

HSC
Im in wagga wagga which is a small "city" in the sticks and we have 3 woolworths, 2 coles, 3 foodworks and 3 IGA and aldi.
My store has
12 full registers
1 or 2 smokeshop (not sure)
4 express
6 self serve

Harry778

HSC
Well you were saying that you sometimes do smoke shop shifts, I thought that meant a shift were you just work selling smokes and that kind of stuff, correct me if I'm wrong.
Yeah thats correct. But because we have the express registers seperate from the service desk, we need the smoke shop manned at all times. So from open right through to close. And when I'm not supervising I really only get smoke shop shifts. Pretty sure i'm the smoke shop champion (not sure if that exists) I'm in charge of the SOH counts (stock on hand) training people and all the other stuff.

So there would be someone from 6am to 3pm s/shop
then 3pm-12.30am each day
(sometimes 3pm-10.30pm, then one of the other night staff take over till midnight)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)