• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Woolworths Thread (7 Viewers)

Craven

HSC
And there is a register at the actual service desk next to the work station, not sure what its for but its never turned on and never a float in it?? Possibly for selling the stuff we have on the wall against the smoke cabinet..you know how there are phone cards, and wish cards and stuff. But, its NEVER been used.
Sounds like one for side-walk sales... like, a register that can be set up outside the trading floor (like when Big W have those DVD sales out in the forecourt)... we used to have one prior to wowpos .. I remember throwing away the shopfitting for it when we decided to clean out the archive room :p

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
also, found some pictures of weirs stores..

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p296/mennell85/Australia/Brisbane and Australia Zoo/DSCF1519.jpg
it looks like it one big row of express lanes? That would be kind of fun working on there..look down the line and see everyone working away haha. Wonder where this would be?
Assuming either Brisbane or Australia Zoo area :p
Tourist district idea would explain the small trolleys, small trolleys explains large amount of express checkouts. Probably a v small number of items per avg customer.

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
lordtopcat, do you have smokeshop registers too?
No, in NZ you can sell cigarettes at any register, and all registers have their own Cigarette carousels.

iMatthew said:
You have six total registers??
Fuck, you work in a milkbar lol!
Well let's put it this way, cashing up at night doesn't take long :p Well I think our store could do with at least 2 more large registers because we do need them. Like there's a smaller store in our area that does half the sales we do, has no instore bakery and yet they still have the same number of registers.

Last edited:

Harry778

HSC
Sounds like one for side-walk sales... like, a register that can be set up outside the trading floor (like when Big W have those DVD sales out in the forecourt)... we used to have one prior to wowpos .. I remember throwing away the shopfitting for it when we decided to clean out the archive room :p

Nah we also have one of those out the back. The touch screen is drilled into the service desk, and all the cords go into the cupboard where the computer is, so its like a normal register, just next to the supervisor work station.

quick90

HSC
No, in NZ you can sell cigarettes at any register, and all registers have their own Cigarette carousels.

Well let's put it this way, cashing up at night doesn't take long :p Well I think our store could do with at least 2 more large registers because we do need them. Like there's a smaller store in our area that does half the sales we do, has no instore bakery and yet they still have the same number of registers.
Where u from in NZ?

jirwin

HSC
Assuming either Brisbane or Australia Zoo area :p
Tourist district idea would explain the small trolleys, small trolleys explains large amount of express checkouts. Probably a v small number of items per avg customer.
My store (Coles) has those smaller trolleys as well as big trolleys. Ever since we got them a couple of months ago the customers have been raving about them. They make doing loose stock so much quicker/easier too.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
My store (Coles) has those smaller trolleys as well as big trolleys. Ever since we got them a couple of months ago the customers have been raving about them. They make doing loose stock so much quicker/easier too.
Oh ok, fair enough lol. I've NEVER seen them in any store apart from some small independent supermarkets, and the Woolies at Surfer's Paradise.

T 360

One of the Fresh Food Peo
HSC
We have:
6 express(Number 4 is NEVER used)
5 SCO Machines
2 Smokeshop(One for Smokeshop Operator,other is a multi-user machine,used by supervisors for refunds etc.
12 Big Checkouts(Although 18 is NEVER used and 17 is rarely used!)

jirwin

HSC
Oh ok, fair enough lol. I've NEVER seen them in any store apart from some small independent supermarkets, and the Woolies at Surfer's Paradise.
I'd never seen them at all until we got them. We also got one special trolley for people in wheelchairs :)

HSC
We have also just got those small trolleys, they're awesome.

My store has 6 express, 2 smokeshop, 11 mains, 4 liquor. We need more mains though, and self serve is apparantly a while away in my store.

I spoke with the Rehab people at Kewdale Head Office today, everythings all approved for my workers comp. Just need a final med cert now and I'm all good.
Totally fucked up my day though, they were supposed to be coming out to see me, no dramas. I went to go to lunch at 11 as per my roster, and my SSM was like "dude, you can't go now, them folks are coming" (yes, thats how he speaks to me :p). So I went back to smokeshop, and by 1pm I was starving. They didn't end up coming out, so I spoke to them on the phone, and ended up going to lunch at 2. Started at 7, tea at 9.15, lunch at 2, second tea break at 3.30 (took ages coz my CSM was on tea with me and she didn't look ready to go back), finished at 4.30.
Great day.

But no more smokeshop shifts! All done.

ekul444

HSC
N/A

jirwin

HSC
lol the coles in our centre recently got them, it funny cause customers love the trolleys so much, so they take the small trolleys from coles and use them to do all their shopping in Woolworths. epic fail coles.
haha

I'm not in a centre - more a 'village'. Kmart is on one side, liquorland the other. then we have like amcal, hair dressers, subway, bakery, cheesecake shop, post office, gloria jeans, bakers delight, newsagency, blockbuster, indian takeaway, varity shop, newcastle permanent and we also have red rooster right on the other side of the carpark/village.

We get Kmart trolleys on the odd occasion and Liquorland staff always come in to use our cardboard crusher.

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
I'm talking about the trolleys seen in this picture that Harry previously linked to:
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p296/mennell85/Australia/Brisbane and Australia Zoo/DSCF1519.jpg

They are on the right side of the photo, near the escalator.
Ahhhh the half trolleys...We got them a while ago too.

So we have normal trolleys, half trolleys, the 2 tiered basket trolleys and baby trolleys. It's a pain because we don't have a lock up for them outside so they all have to be manually chained up, takes a while, especially when the chain is buried at the back of them all.

PyroTek

HSC
just to add to comparison:
we have 9 mains, 4 express and 1 smokeshop register.
though 3 of the mains are never used, and only one has been used since i came to the store, since another broke down.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Register 1-4 = Express
Register 5-10 = Full Service Lane
Register 11-12 = Smokeshop (s/s)
Register 13-15 = Liquor

Medium sized store, only a few registers are used though (unless it's busy obviously).

Last edited:

bdude

HSC
I'm not in a centre - more a 'village'. Kmart is on one side, liquorland the other. then we have like amcal, hair dressers, subway, bakery, cheesecake shop, post office, gloria jeans, bakers delight, newsagency, blockbuster, indian takeaway, varity shop, newcastle permanent and we also have red rooster right on the other side of the carpark/village.
Stab in the dark here, a you at stockland glendale?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)