• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Woolworths Thread (2 Viewers)

bdude

HSC
The day after New Year's Day our CSM tried to spend as much time in the office "doing rosters" a.k.a. "recovering from a hangover (still)"

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Hai love hangover stories! It's actually the worst thing. Every saturday morning i used to get to work and be like 'omg i am NOT going out next friday' .... but i always did.

My old, old CSM told me how once she came to work at 7.00AM after getting to sleep at 5.30ish and vomited in the SERVICE DESK BIN, rank! My old store was really open about hangovers, which was great, cos you'd be like 'omfg i had the biggest night' and they'd put you on express or trolleys or something involving fresh air.

Speaking of trolleys, my path with a load of them was blocked on Thursday by two dogs going at it on the front ramp, it was so awkward cos there is an al fresco eating area right next door and everyone was looking at me trying to stop them from fucking.

Strange days at Woolworths.

Harry778

HSC
Well, the wrath of my mum being SSM is now over. Shes head office cashier for the rest of the 3 weeks. It wasnt as bad as I thought it was going to be. I did get away with some things I wouldnt of normally have lol.

Everyone is going on holidays!! I have a full week of supervision this week! Pretty much doing 3IC relief. Then next week the night supervisor is going on holidays for 2 weeks, and guess who is doing her shifts...ME. So I'll be doing 4.30pm to 12.30 midnight mon-fir every night for 2 weeks...and also guess who is doing office closes most of those night...my mum. FML.

Harry778

HSC
Also, starting at 5am tomorrow to do smoke shop stock take. FML X2. lol..

Hope this progress report is better than the last...jesus, it was shocking. How bad is that! Hope we have sold more cancer to people than before. hahaha.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Lol yeah, apparently since the covers went up cigarette sales in our store have jumped by ~20-30% or something. STM was like :) this is wonderful news! I lol'd.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Also, starting at 5am tomorrow to do smoke shop stock take. FML X2. lol..

Hope this progress report is better than the last...jesus, it was shocking. How bad is that! Hope we have sold more cancer to people than before. hahaha.
but stocktake was last week?

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
It might be just NSW? But we have black covers on top of all cigarettes so all you can see is the stripping?
Haha maybe, is this a new thing or..?
Why is the government making places cover up that sort of thing when the whole campaign was introduced to make people see them? Seems like they are defeating the purpose a little, doesn't it?

HSC
fml. i start at 6 tomorrow. not too sure how i'm going to get out of bed.

(and yes, i am aware that plenty of people start at that time or earlier all the time. but i don't. so yeah ;))

Hai love hangover stories! It's actually the worst thing. Every saturday morning i used to get to work and be like 'omg i am NOT going out next friday' .... but i always did.

My old, old CSM told me how once she came to work at 7.00AM after getting to sleep at 5.30ish and vomited in the SERVICE DESK BIN, rank! My old store was really open about hangovers, which was great, cos you'd be like 'omfg i had the biggest night' and they'd put you on express or trolleys or something involving fresh air..
our weekend smokeshop operator regularly pukes into plastic bags in the express lanes. gets away with it though because her best friend is weekend ic supervisor.

It might be just NSW? But we have black covers on top of all cigarettes so all you can see is the stripping?
so do we, but ours are green. we do though have a 1sq m area that we are allowed to have open on display. been like this for almost 3 yrs here.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
grrrr, DON'T MSG ME AT HOME FOR NON-URGENT MATTERS THAT COULD HAVE BEEN RESOLVED EARLIER.

one of my new operators msged me, to ask for the supervisors number for 2morrow (i'm doing SSO 2morrow), which i dont have, and then asks if she's working 2morrow.

1) I DON'T KNOW, i cant remember the rosters for all the employees
2) WHY NOT CALL THE STORE WHEN IT'S ACTUALLY OPEN TO ASK!

PyroTek

HSC
woo at work since there was one supervisor on, he went to lunch and told me to supervise - in a way. it was pretty awesome, but hectic. CSM usually does the rosters in a way that most of the budget is used when he is working, so when he's not, we don't have enough staff :(.
So with 4 people from other departments on, and 4 people (including myself), we still couldn't get rid of the crowds.
Just found out that my meat manager relief is 4 weeks, not 2 (as i initially was told/thought)... (unrelated to how many weeks:) Does that mean I get a grade 5 Pay rate?
ah well, was a pretty good day (10:00-21:00)

PyroTek

HSC
grrrr, DON'T MSG ME AT HOME FOR NON-URGENT MATTERS THAT COULD HAVE BEEN RESOLVED EARLIER.

one of my new operators msged me, to ask for the supervisors number for 2morrow (i'm doing SSO 2morrow), which i dont have, and then asks if she's working 2morrow.

1) I DON'T KNOW, i cant remember the rosters for all the employees
2) WHY NOT CALL THE STORE WHEN IT'S ACTUALLY OPEN TO ASK!
and Townie, that is why you keep your number secret :D

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
and Townie, that is why you keep your number secret :D
i tried that when i first started, like for the first year they didnt have my mobile number, was so good. Now i'm on speed dial so i can be called from any phone in the store at the drop of a hat :(

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I was gonna say...you give your operators your number???
Well, not quite, one of my less cluely operators gave this girl my number. most of the main people in the store have my number from pre-CSM days anyway because we see each other socially as well. Plus i'm in the front end, cash office, liquor and grocery phone books.

bdude

HSC
i tried that when i first started, like for the first year they didnt have my mobile number, was so good. Now i'm on speed dial so i can be called from any phone in the store at the drop of a hat
They'll probably keep calling you after you've left. You'll never be able to escape.

It was funny, on Saturday the 2IC couldn't come in because her son's sick, the other supervisor who started after her couldn't come in any earlier, the morning supervisor couldn't stay any later, there were no other supervisors available so they had to ask this lady who worked in the bakery to supervise because she used to do it.... about five years ago

HSC
They'll probably keep calling you after you've left. You'll never be able to escape.

It was funny, on Saturday the 2IC couldn't come in because her son's sick, the other supervisor who started after her couldn't come in any earlier, the morning supervisor couldn't stay any later, there were no other supervisors available so they had to ask this lady who worked in the bakery to supervise because she used to do it.... about five years ago
haha i do that. when i'm on weeknight closes, i often have to go up to cash office at some stage in the night to double check envelopes and take tills upstairs (never any longer than 20 minutes), and if there isn't another supervisor with me, i use a guy in bakery who supervised at his old store. i just go when he's doing markdowns, so he's quite close by if needed.
its so dodgy, and my csm was horrified when i told her, but she didn't propose an alternative.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)