• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Woolworths Thread (8 Viewers)

T 360

One of the Fresh Food Peo
HSC
That`s what we were like before we got SCO. When we got SCO,They removed checkouts 19 & 20,moving them to smokeshop. So we have:

1-6 Express
81-85 Self Serve
7-18 Full Service
19 & 20 S/Shop
23 & 24 Liquor

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
National Agreement should be voted on around easter, will all be sent to a 1 hr PAID informaton session conducted in store by the union rep (either before, during or after our shifts) but it isnt a charge-off, so fat chance of it actually happening for everybody.

someguyudunno

HSC
N/A
wow. My store has:

2 smoke shop
8 express
6 self serve
14 large.

And there is a register at the actual service desk next to the work station, not sure what its for but its never turned on and never a float in it?? Possibly for selling the stuff we have on the wall against the smoke cabinet..you know how there are phone cards, and wish cards and stuff. But, its NEVER been used.

also, found some pictures of weirs stores..

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p296/mennell85/Australia/Brisbane and Australia Zoo/DSCF1519.jpg
it looks like it one big row of express lanes? That would be kind of fun working on there..look down the line and see everyone working away haha. Wonder where this would be?
That's the MacArthur Central Store in Brisbane City

Harry778

HSC
I live in Newcastle :)

Oh and I work at Coles at Waratah Village.
ohh really? Is that near Lambton or something? I used to live in Mereweather.
We always used to shop at Woolworths Mayfield or Jesmond..and my mum was the CSM at Mayfield for a while then went to Greenhills as CSM (cos appaz you have to be the CSM there before you can be SSM) The she went to the cash office and while she was there she did SSM training at Jesmond and got head office cashier in Sydney! This was in like 2003/2004.

jirwin

HSC
ohh really? Is that near Lambton or something? I used to live in Mereweather.
We always used to shop at Woolworths Mayfield or Jesmond..and my mum was the CSM at Mayfield for a while then went to Greenhills as CSM (cos appaz you have to be the CSM there before you can be SSM) The she went to the cash office and while she was there she did SSM training at Jesmond and got head office cashier in Sydney! This was in like 2003/2004.
Waratah is near Mayfield. Over the rail way tracks.

Do you miss Newcastle or are you glad your Mum got the Sydney job?

Harry778

HSC
Waratah is near Mayfield. Over the rail way tracks.

Do you miss Newcastle or are you glad your Mum got the Sydney job?
Well, we were going to move anyway, so she put in a transfer and got it! So we moved to Point Piper. I hated Newcastle. Some bits were ok, the only good place is Honey Suckle, they've done alot with that place since I was there last. Pretty awesome.
Then I applied in September 2006 and got a job just before christmas!

jirwin

HSC
Well, we were going to move anyway, so she put in a transfer and got it! So we moved to Point Piper. I hated Newcastle. Some bits were ok, the only good place is Honey Suckle, they've done alot with that place since I was there last. Pretty awesome.
Then I applied in September 2006 and got a job just before christmas!
Ah cool. I don't mind living in Newcastle. I live at Stockton which is a pain because its a minimum 15min drive to anywhere and public transport is 10 times worse.

The thing I hate about Newcastle is the lack of job prospects for my career.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
haha

I'm not in a centre - more a 'village'. Kmart is on one side, liquorland the other. then we have like amcal, hair dressers, subway, bakery, cheesecake shop, post office, gloria jeans, bakers delight, newsagency, blockbuster, indian takeaway, varity shop, newcastle permanent and we also have red rooster right on the other side of the carpark/village.

We get Kmart trolleys on the odd occasion and Liquorland staff always come in to use our cardboard crusher.
Stab in the dark here, a you at stockland glendale?
Stockland Glendale is heaps bigger than that :p

Kmart, Woolies, Coles, Gloria Jeans, Starbucks (dunno if that's still there, though), Subway, Lowes, Best & Less, DSE, Pet shop, Reject Store, Maccas, KFC, Greater Union, post office, heaps of tiny stores, Chemist Warehouse, Muffin Break, Subway, Newsagency, a few banks, Michel's Patisserie, Red Lea, more more more

bdude

HSC
I used to live in Newcastle. That woolworths is huge! (The Glendale one)
Do you live in Newcastle bdude?
I used to live in Cessnock, but for some reason mum liked to go to Glendale to shop some times. I don't know why, If I were driving all the way into Newcastle/Lake Mac to shop I'd go to Charlestown Square

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Ours is by far the oldest-school register composition:

7 full service
1 smokeshop (well it's at the service desk anyway)

Any of the full service lanes can be turned into express at any time by simply switching on a light. We usually only have one as express, but its cool cos if the person on express goes to lunch someone else just turns on their light, so express is technically ALWAYS manned without any effort.

I hate asshole customers. An old man wanted a pack of cigars, which were $26, and he was like "Now, look here, I can buy those for $23 in Sydney.!" I was already in a total shit so i just stared at him and he was like "Now, tell me, why is there such a big difference, WHY?" and i was like "i have no idea" and THEN the bastard goes "no you wouldn't because you're woolworths" and the proceeded to go on a diatribe to someone else about how woolworths and kevin rudd are "ruining the country". I fuckin totally wanted to punch his lights out. IF YOU FUCKIN HATE US SO MUCH THEN FUCKING DON'T SHOP HERE, YOU'RE THE ONE FUNDING THE COMPANY "RUNING THE COUNTRY" BY BUYING YOUR REVOLTING CIGARS YOU FUCKING TARD = my mind.

kvbjvb. AND then the rudest operator on the face of the earth announced her home time by ringing her bell and then just pointing repeatedly at the clock even though she had fucking 4 minutes to go. Although i found out this morning that they gave her a chance at supervision when i was away and she ran upstairs crying when it got busy lololololol.

Sorry i was ranting, but i didn't want to bore my sister.

jgibson0011

HSC
N/A
AND then the rudest operator on the face of the earth announced her home time by ringing her bell and then just pointing repeatedly at the clock even though she had fucking 4 minutes to go. Although i found out this morning that they gave her a chance at supervision when i was away and she ran upstairs crying when it got busy lololololol.
OMG...How embarrassing!

HSC
Ours is by far the oldest-school register composition:

kvbjvb. AND then the rudest operator on the face of the earth announced her home time by ringing her bell and then just pointing repeatedly at the clock even though she had fucking 4 minutes to go. Although i found out this morning that they gave her a chance at supervision when i was away and she ran upstairs crying when it got busy lololololol.

Sorry i was ranting, but i didn't want to bore my sister.

Oh god, what a little brat!, I would have counted her drawer really slowly to piss her off even more haha

we have 4 express
6 self serve
10 main registers (even though register 14 is rarely used)
and 3 liquor
2 smokeshop

PyroTek

HSC
good day!

apart from arriving at work with a massive hangover, went out clubbing last night, had work at 7am. hah

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Lol.

CSM came to work at 5 am, this morning, having not even been home after being out all night. At 5.30 am she went home sick lololol.

Fucked up day at work, spent a few hours on registers -_-

HSC
Lol.

CSM came to work at 5 am, this morning, having not even been home after being out all night. At 5.30 am she went home sick lololol.

Fucked up day at work, spent a few hours on registers -_-
The very first day that I supervised by myself was for this reason, CSM went home at 8.30am, basically as soon as I got there. Our old STM (who wasn't very good at checkouts) apparantly struggled on my lunchbreak.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)