• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Woolworths Thread (8 Viewers)

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
green light me too! >>

I actually got a call from Woolies HR today regarding the finance graduate position. I missed to call coz i was serving, had one other person in the department but she was doing fuck all ... just chatting to her highschool friend. so i went into the coolroom, called the number and had a phone interview while she was serving outside. lol.

Quite awkward coz it was like, she was calling me for service, (staff member) and iwas inside the coolroom, doing an interview so i was trying to hurry up, while giving good answers? =.=
Hopefully i'll get to the group assesment phase .... has anyone done that before? any tips or anything?

BSammy

HSC
I don't think I have much rep, but I don't post here much so that doesn't matter.

I want the next financial year to start so that the HR have training moneys again, so they can recruit for the next lot of Cert 3.

I know they are broke because they desperately needed a bakery manager trained, so for 4 weeks, all stores in the area have to pay about 95 towards his training. I don't mind because he used to be 2ic for our front end. But whatever.

I've been on holiday over Easter, which has been brilliant, but i fly back home tomorrow night, and am back at work 8am the next day. Going to be so tired.

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
We think we had an attempted break in yesterday morning. At about 5.40 we (As in me and the baker, only people in the shop) heard an alarm go off. Neither of us had ever heard this alarm, and then it stopped, so we just shrugged it off and carried on.

Then I got a call from Alarm NZ who monitor our alarms, saying the alarm was triggered by an emergency exit. I told her that we were the only ones in store and that we couldn't have touched them, and then she said that the alarms also trigger if the door is being tampered with from the outside.

Then I quickly walked around all the exits just to see if anyone had come in, and then went outside but I couldn't see anyone. Pretty freaky stuff though.

bensneddon

HSC
*mentally tries to remember this*

I at least know where the 'click clack machine' and slips are. But seeing as I've never had to do manual EFT (even as an operator), I know my luck will run out one day.
I just have all the numbers in my mobile (eg WOW - GFS Merchant Support, WOW - Epay etc) and get them off there. This way I always know the numbers no matter which store I am working in etc :)

brookie94

HSC
hahaha the other night, our eftpos lines went down, on thursday and it was funny to watch my favourite supervisor shitting herself :p
but smokeshop register still worked so they all went through there and the rest went through as offline.
no need to click-clacker thing/machine thing/swipey thing hahahaha ;P

EDIT: oh god! lol look at my rep hahaha, its just amazing :p

Last edited:
HSC
might be doing 19:00-24:00 in perishables tonight woo! or 19:00-22:00 gotta wait for a call from the dm

HSC
Just found out I'm supervising by myself tonight :S

whywhywhywhywhy

(Obviously our SM must think I need to be mentally prepared if he feels the need to call me in advance to tell me that)

XiLe

HSC
green light me too! >>

I actually got a call from Woolies HR today regarding the finance graduate position. I missed to call coz i was serving, had one other person in the department but she was doing fuck all ... just chatting to her highschool friend. so i went into the coolroom, called the number and had a phone interview while she was serving outside. lol.

Quite awkward coz it was like, she was calling me for service, (staff member) and iwas inside the coolroom, doing an interview so i was trying to hurry up, while giving good answers? =.=
Hopefully i'll get to the group assesment phase .... has anyone done that before? any tips or anything?
PM if you want more info on this

Harry778

HSC
Yo green light me :)

Got a call from my SSM saying I can go back to work but only 20 hours a week in the cash office. And when my doctor says I can go back full time and can do 38 hours but still in the office, then after 3 months I can do registers again..I miss registers!! Lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)