The Woolworths Thread (2 Viewers)

jirwin

HSC
I tend to disagree a little bit. I find it far better (as a uni student) to work three ten+ hour days and then have four days off, especially if you can manage to have those days off consecutively. That way I can pretty much ignore work for more than half the week (time which I can devote to studies), yet still earn enough to allow me to do anything I need to do on the social side of things.
I prefer to work small shifts like 3-5hrs because it doesn't seem like a waste of a day... even though I usually don't do much assessment work before/after work anyway. I like around 10-12hrs (3 x 4hr shifts) per week while I'm at TAFE. I have 3 days availability at work, 3 days at tafe and 1 day off from everything for assessments. I pretty much write the weekend off to work so everything tafe-orientated is done during the weekdays :)

greatapoc

HSC
I don't know how I have time to even scratch my own butt with the amount of work that I do. I'm at TAFE Monday-Thursday 9am-4pm, also doing a Bachelor of IT by distance education through CSU and I'm night captain 6 nights a week. Sunday is the only full day off I get. Currently doing an assignment that's due tomorrow and cramming hard for uni exams on Tuesday and Wednesday.

jirwin

HSC
I don't know how I have time to even scratch my own butt with the amount of work that I do. I'm at TAFE Monday-Thursday 9am-4pm, also doing a Bachelor of IT by distance education through CSU and I'm night captain 6 nights a week. Sunday is the only full day off I get. Currently doing an assignment that's due tomorrow and cramming hard for uni exams on Tuesday and Wednesday.
Oh wow that's heaps! I'm at TAFE Monday (1.30pm-7.30pm), Thursday (2.30-9pm) and Friday (10.30am-3.30pm) but I have to leave so early for public transport/parking. Monday I leave home at 12pm, Thursday 1pm and Friday 8am.

HSC
Oh I just meant that you're going back to work on the same day as the upgrade, so its not like its been there for a month and you've missed it.
And you get a break on four hour shifts now :p
Ooooooooooooo now that should be the way! ;) It used to be that we'd have a break for a four hour shift. Somehow that shifted to 4.5hrs and yay, now it's back! :)

HSC
my roster next week
MON: 16:30-20:30- I NA'd that day so I swapped to do
TUE: 16:00-20:00
SAT: 07:30-16:30
SUN: 16:00-20:00
yuckk! :(

but pretty keen for $$$ :)

gonna tell my boss I can do:

Tue: 15:30-19:30
Sat: 09:00-13:00 or
Sun: 08:00-12:00

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Haha hi. I'm in Saranda, Albania. It rocks.
The supermarkets in Eastern Europe are all like mini-IGAs, i'm so craving a bit of mass-supermarketism.
Why am I talking about supermarkets? Albania is a crazy place. Stray cats. No road rules. You guyses should all quit and come join me.

bdude

HSC
Haha hi. I'm in Saranda, Albania. It rocks.
The supermarkets in Eastern Europe are all like mini-IGAs, i'm so craving a bit of mass-supermarketism.
Why am I talking about supermarkets? Albania is a crazy place. Stray cats. No road rules. You guyses should all quit and come join me.
Find a hypermarket somewhere and you'll be alright.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
HI GUYS.

Ok,

1. Mass approval of Woolies HR at the moment. They finally hired some eye candy at my store for the first time in QUITE a while. :tongue:
  2. I had THE scariest moment at work today, one of the guys I work with picked me up and threw me, UPSIDE DOWN, over his shoulder, then proceeded to walk around the department with me like that. :eek::eek::eek: Fun but seriously, what.
  3. Lol, I went into another Woolies store, and the guy on checkouts was like *um, you work here, yes?* I had to explain that, oddly enough, I remember him from HIS first day there, lol, because as a CUSTOMER, I helped him out on the checkout when he was confused with the options of +$50 etc under Eftpos.
  4. Yay, it's my four day week this week! (Monday to Thursday with a three day weekend) :rudolf:
  5. I have to go to physio (from my work related injury) on Monday, Wednesday & Friday, as well as the GP on Thursday :(
  6. Woo ordered a second lot of new shirts... I should get them soon :)

HSC
HI GUYS.

Ok,

1. Mass approval of Woolies HR at the moment. They finally hired some eye candy at my store for the first time in QUITE a while. :tongue:
  2. I had THE scariest moment at work today, one of the guys I work with picked me up and threw me, UPSIDE DOWN, over his shoulder, then proceeded to walk around the department with me like that. :eek::eek::eek: Fun but seriously, what.
  3. Lol, I went into another Woolies store, and the guy on checkouts was like *um, you work here, yes?* I had to explain that, oddly enough, I remember him from HIS first day there, lol, because as a CUSTOMER, I helped him out on the checkout when he was confused with the options of +$50 etc under Eftpos.
  4. Yay, it's my four day week this week! (Monday to Thursday with a three day weekend) :rudolf:
  5. I have to go to physio (from my work related injury) on Monday, Wednesday & Friday, as well as the GP on Thursday :(

Yaay to the hot guys! and haha number 2 has happened to me before and customers stared at me like I was a looney!

Sorry I'm gonna rant here: I n/a'd tomorrow about 4 weeks in advance, my boss rostered me on apologised and we decided on me doing another girls shift on tuesday 4-8, we tell the night supervisor to tell the girl when she comes in at 4:30, as me and my boss finished at 4 and to ring me to approve that the swap of shifts is good, does this night supervisor have the balls to tell me? NO so I call up and he puts me on hold for a good 30 minutes and is rather rude about the swap can't happen, and I told him I cannot do tomorrow and my god he was surly about it! :burn:

Woolworths your a good company to work for but you treat us casuals like SHIT!

PyroTek

HSC
HI GUYS.

Ok,

@4: Good luck!
Last 3 days off I had, ended up being 2. Thus, half way through the first "day off" - which I was actually working for, I left the city at midday so they couldn't call me in again.

Anyway.
Work is, work. The place is beginning to annoy me a little.

timw7845

Somewhere near the mountains... somewhere near the
HSC
Yaay to the hot guys! and haha number 2 has happened to me before and customers stared at me like I was a looney!

Sorry I'm gonna rant here: I n/a'd tomorrow about 4 weeks in advance, my boss rostered me on apologised and we decided on me doing another girls shift on tuesday 4-8, we tell the night supervisor to tell the girl when she comes in at 4:30, as me and my boss finished at 4 and to ring me to approve that the swap of shifts is good, does this night supervisor have the balls to tell me? NO so I call up and he puts me on hold for a good 30 minutes and is rather rude about the swap can't happen, and I told him I cannot do tomorrow and my god he was surly about it! :burn:

Woolworths your a good company to work for but you treat us casuals like SHIT!
maybe thats just you...

my serv. managers really nice bout stuff like that.. does what i ask her to do..

but i suppose i pick up alot of loose ends too so im in her good books :haha:

bensneddon

HSC
What I don't get with 5-5-1 is where do the reports go? Does it just have a default printer it sends them to?
The reports print to whatever the default printer is for the store workstations. It is usually located in the systems or general office. It is also the printer that all the overnight run stuff prints to (DGMS's etc)

haha wow, they really thought that through! SCO receipts used a smaller font size then standard checkouts before anyway...

how did they shorten it? make font smaller? get rid of trading hours? get rid of that stupid ad for EDR cards?
SCO receipts have a smaller font because they use a different type of printer to standard POS.

The receipts now print with the landscape supermarkets logo, followed by:
STORE NAME PH: (xx) xxxx xxxx
Store Manager is : FirstName
TAX INVOICE - ABN 88 000 014 675

[receipt detail here]

2 SUBTOTAL $3.58

ROUNDING $0.02
TOTAL $3.60
CASH $50.00
CHANGE $46.40

xxxx yyy zzzz aaaa 7:44 4/05/10
In the last line, xxxx = store number yyy = location number zzzz = transaction number and aaaa = operator ID

As previously outlined, SCO's have a minimum docket length due to the printer architecture. For this reason, small transactions may have a white space at the bottom of the SCO customer docket.

However, I don't really get the point of displaying the companies ABN details on the Self Serve screen. Why do customers need to see this? I think Woolworths has been around long enough for people to recognise us as a legit company.
The official company line for this change is "This will allow customers to easily see the ABN details and ensure they are correct for our customers upon receipts." I guess it would be useful for customers who have a credit account with Woolworths, and need to fill in our ABN on their internal Purchase Order form.

bensneddon

HSC
On another note... a few moves in senior management coming up, effective July 1.

Marty Hamnett (current GM Supermarket Operations) is retiring. Ziggy Kwarcinski (current GM of National Store Design and Construction) will take his position.

Michael Whalan (current Big W Controller of Stores Planning and Construction) will move into Ziggy's role as GM of National Store Design and Construction.

The newly created role of Chief Operating Officer will be filled by Grant O'Brien (current Director of New Business and Business Development). This position will report to Greg Foran (Director of Supermarkets, Liquor and Petrol) and will control Australian food and petrol.

Ramnik Narsey (current GM of Petrol) will move across to GM of Cost Focus, relieving Kathryn McLay who is going on parental leave. James Aylen (current GM Longlife) will relieve Ramnik in his role as GM Petrol. Stephen Bate (current GM Fresh Foods) will fill James' position.

bensneddon

HSC
why do no reciepts mention us (the cashiers) not even our pos ids...

coles have like a section dedicated to it...

you were served by: name, id
All WOW receipts have a sequence of several numbers on the last line eg:
1141 001 1555 0087

This means you were served at Store #1141 on Location (Checkout) 1, your Transaction number was 1555 and you were served by Operator 87

MMacka

HSC
N/A
All WOW receipts have a sequence of several numbers on the last line eg:
1141 001 1555 0087

This means you were served at Store #1141 on Location (Checkout) 1, your Transaction number was 1555 and you were served by Operator 87
I'm operator 87. :)

HSC
I really don't want my docket saying, "You were served by Liz or Elizabeth on register 13" makes me feel like my privacy is being invaded (Yeah I guess thats why we wear name badges also) but I dislike being called my name on duty by customers who don't know me, makes me feel really uncomfortable.

britto89

HSC
I really don't want my docket saying, "You were served by Liz or Elizabeth on register 13" makes me feel like my privacy is being invaded (Yeah I guess thats why we wear name badges also) but I dislike being called my name on duty by customers who don't know me, makes me feel really uncomfortable.
I agree, i wouldn't like my name on the receipt. I can't stress how handy I find electronic journal and the code on the bottom line of the receipt though. From simple things like a customer leaving something behind, or to a complaint/compliment about a particular operator. Its also handy for when customers ring up after they have left the store and are thinking they got ripped off, or miss read a ticket, etc.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Today, I worked 4 am - 9 pm. :eek:

@4: Good luck!
Last 3 days off I had, ended up being 2. Thus, half way through the first "day off" - which I was actually working for, I left the city at midday so they couldn't call me in again.
Ok, I'm too nice. I offered to give up my Sunday off... in exchange for an extra day off next week ;)
Works out rather well! (I actually don't like having >2 days off in a row).
And OMG I have to go to a meeting at another store next week with all Bakery 2ICs for the area group :bomb:

I'm operator 87. :)
105 ^_^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)