The Woolworths Thread (2 Viewers)

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Does anyone know for sure what the minimum engagement is?? Ie do you have to work 3 hours every 3 months? Every 1 month? There's nothing in the EBA about it...
A chick I know has the same issue. I believe she was told 1 shift every month (may be more though).

britto89

HSC
Yes! Next weeks and the week after is completely blank. Only this weeks is there.

Also, online rosters are so fucking dodgy, I don't think I can use them any more. It says that I'm rostered on yet there is NO record of me in People Planner or on the grids for the day.
This happened last Monday and also just this past Tuesday. Luckily other departments needed help so I didn't have to go home empty handed.

Very frustrating.
Thats because people at the store level don't use it right. The online rosters actually update everyday based on WLP input not on People Planner input. If only the office staff adjusted WLP as well as People Planner then it would work a lot better. For example if your manager called you on Tuesday and said he/she had some shifts for you this weekend you could say OK and he/she could get it added to People Planner and WLP. If this is done by about 5pm then you can see the results @ All Yours at 7pm.

It should be up to the store to ensure that the final version they print out for "This Week" is the same as the WLP version. It angers me to see what could be a great resource go to waste.

On the topic of rosters the other thing that has always annoyed me is that the roster says "Not Av" when you haven't got a shift. Surely a better use of this would be to be blank if you are not working. This way if you say put in a holiday form then the office could go into people planner for the dates you said you weren't avalible and mark you in the system as that. so you don't get rostered.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Thats because people at the store level don't use it right. The online rosters actually update everyday based on WLP input not on People Planner input. If only the office staff adjusted WLP as well as People Planner then it would work a lot better. For example if your manager called you on Tuesday and said he/she had some shifts for you this weekend you could say OK and he/she could get it added to People Planner and WLP. If this is done by about 5pm then you can see the results @ All Yours at 7pm.

It should be up to the store to ensure that the final version they print out for "This Week" is the same as the WLP version. It angers me to see what could be a great resource go to waste.

On the topic of rosters the other thing that has always annoyed me is that the roster says "Not Av" when you haven't got a shift. Surely a better use of this would be to be blank if you are not working. This way if you say put in a holiday form then the office could go into people planner for the dates you said you weren't avalible and mark you in the system as that. so you don't get rostered.
But this doesn't really explain how a random shift is added when my manager never added it at all?

Craven

HSC
It was more likely there to begin with then cut when the costing came out and your csm thought they had spent too much.

It says not av because you're supposed to use the availabilities section to key in the current contract or if casual the availabilities they say they can work. There isn't really another way to have your base contract in and other availabilities as well.

britto89

HSC
It was more likely there to begin with then cut when the costing came out and your csm thought they had spent too much.

It says not av because you're supposed to use the availabilities section to key in the current contract or if casual the availabilities they say they can work. There isn't really another way to have your base contract in and other availabilities as well.
I have seen an empty space next to my name once before instead of it just saying Not Av

BSammy

HSC
Yeah either can happen, makes no difference. Just means there's not a shift there.

britto89

HSC
For future reference guys I just rang our SSO and the minimum engagement is 3 hours every 1 month.

Almost time for me to do a shift :)
the minimum engagement is when national payroll calls you and asks what the go is

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
A few things I've just noticed.

1. Very cheeky by Woolies - they are accepting Coles' newspaper vouchers over the weekend and will be giving the $10/$15 off 'in the spirit of christmas'. Very sneaky!!

2. Price Cut catalouge is back online! Is the POS back in store? They must have sorted the legal issues out??
Can you elaborate a little more on the first one?

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC

Jolyon

HSC
YAY Christmas has started!!! GOod thing about being 2IC is when it gets busy I make the self serve attendant go in a register and I do that! Authority rocks haha

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Has anybody noticed issues with The Breast Cancer Foundation items? A customer came through with 2 packs of Breast Cancer Foundation cards which returned a not found error (price was on the back so I dumped it in).
Later on in the night, another customer came through with a Breast Cancer Foundation gift card, and to my surprise, this was failing to scan also (both the little and the long barcode).
The weirdest thing is, I kept trying to scan the long barcode and eventually it worked.

No fucking idea.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Hey guys - long time no post - weird question - but BoS Woolies crew meat up?

britto89

HSC
A few things I've just noticed.

1. Very cheeky by Woolies - they are accepting Coles' newspaper vouchers over the weekend and will be giving the $10/$15 off 'in the spirit of christmas'. Very sneaky!!

2. Price Cut catalouge is back online! Is the POS back in store? They must have sorted the legal issues out??
Catalouge is back because it doesn't contain the offending graphic (Sissors through a dollar sign). The POS won't return and anything that had the price cuts POS has been swapped to special tickets.

BSammy

HSC
So, who's working Christmas Eve?

I'm on the close, actually looking forward to it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)