The Woolworths Thread (5 Viewers)

sylo

HSC
I have a question.

Who are you supposed to talk to when you call up to call in sick?

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
Sounds like the STM and SSM just with different names.
Although I'd assume a few other differences in job roles.

and accents!

If by STM you mean Store Trading Manager, I think that role is similar to our Dry Goods Manager and Fresh Foods Manager. The Dry Goods manager oversees the running of Grocery, Perishables, GM, Liquor & Bulk, whereas the Fresh Food manager oversees the running of Produce, Bakery, Deli, Butchery.

And Store Services manager, well our SAM is probably the closest relation to that.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Well. Our New Store manager started on Monday and so far,so good. Our old SM spent all day sitting up in his office doing god knows what or walking around the store looking at stuff. He NEVER helped with anything!

Now,to our new boss. I am yet to see him in his office. I have always seen him walking around,putting stock on shelves,collecting baskets etc. Today,we were busy on checkouts and he walked straight up to the supervisor in charge and goes "Where would you like me?". He did this TWICE today,for about 30mins-1hr on Express.Our old manager never did this. And when he wasn't serving,I would see him stocking shelves or re-arranging displays in the frontend.
;)
oh yeah, our new manager will always jump on a register, just for that i think he's a good manager, none of our old one's ever did.

i think managers should be forced to work one day a month on checkouts (or one half day), just so they can see what it's like and wat we have to put up with.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
oh yeah, our new manager will always jump on a register, just for that i think he's a good manager, none of our old one's ever did.

i think managers should be forced to work one day a month on checkouts (or one half day), just so they can see what it's like and wat we have to put up with.
I'm sure that's where most of them start..

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm sure that's where most of them start..
i dont think so, i'm sure there are some, but i suspect most managers come from groceries, perishables or produce. mandatory checkout training for new staff hasnt been around for that long, and even if they did start there, people forget and the system is new (WoWPoS)

that reminds me, sometimes i really miss the oldskool registers.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
i dont think so, i'm sure there are some, but i suspect most managers come from groceries, perishables or produce. mandatory checkout training for new staff hasnt been around for that long, and even if they did start there, people forget and the system is new (WoWPoS)

that reminds me, sometimes i really miss the oldskool registers.
Since when? Obviously not going down in da Taz.

hotdimsim

HSC
they never gave me the checkout training when i started in deli, even though they told me they would. woolies training was the worst. my managers version of teaching me how to slice meat was "this is the on button, you push this, dont put your finger here, thats the blade"

woolies stole 12 months of my life ill never get back :(

HSC
around 5 years, it's supposed to happen at the store level, wether it's actually done of course is an entirely different matter. all our grocery staff are checkout trained.
Probably only a quarter of our non-checkouts staff are checkout trained - and they are the ones that started on checkouts.

Otacon2009

HSC
Our store had their Self Serve checkouts had their software upgraded. The new GUI is definately not as good as the old one. It looks like something from the mid 90's. I was to watch a DVD about it but it was rather busy. Is it as cringeworthy as Between the Flags?

ekul444

HSC
N/A
Our store had their Self Serve checkouts had their software upgraded. The new GUI is definately not as good as the old one. It looks like something from the mid 90's. I was to watch a DVD about it but it was rather busy. Is it as cringeworthy as Between the Flags?
Yep, you got the dreaded upgrade to WoWPoS SCO. I totally agree, the GUI is crap. The DVD is not bad at all. Some of the acting in the scenarios is dreadfully fake, but its only a training DVD after all. hahaha.

JasRulz63

HSC
I have my induction next Friday and Saturday, guess I'm about to join the team :p

yoddle

is cool
HSC
around 5 years, it's supposed to happen at the store level, wether it's actually done of course is an entirely different matter. all our grocery staff are checkout trained.
Quite a few of our non-service staff are trained, but they're almost all the ones that have been here for ages. None of the new ones are.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)