• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Woolworths Thread (2 Viewers)

Craven

HSC
Where I work, we have two Asian takeaway shops that use our groceries. The person working behind me was ringing the bell because someone bought an entire box of mushrooms. I tried tellng her that the way mushrooms are weighed is to remove some mushrooms until it reaches the specified weight on the box.

So she had 4.7kg coming up on the scales and the box said 4kg of mushrooms. I tried explaining to her repeatedly that all she has to do is remove 700g of mushrooms and to charge at the closest weight at 4kg without going over (So if she can't get it on 4kg exactly, she charges them at 3.9 not 4.1).Despite this, she was insistent I was wrong and the supervisor manually entered the mushrooms by going SVR menu > Disc Dump > Produce > 5.98 eight times (as the guy had 2 boxes of them).

So who was right because if the method of reducing weight before charging was the correct method, I'd hate to have my supervisor try to disable a bomb that can only be done so by weight (Like in Die Hard 3).
What a retard. That's what CASE SALE (no GST) is for under Fruit/Veg A-Z.

Speaking of notes I found this $10 note in a drawer a couple of months ago. I had never seen anything like it before and we all decided that it was a fake. But according to wikipedia this was the original $10 note in 1988. Do you think we are still allowed to accept this?

I doubt self serve would accept it! lol
It's still legal tender and by law you have to accept it (as long as it's not damaged).

Well I'm back from my holiday and I have to go to work tonight URGH!

ekul444

HSC
N/A
So you reckon to order one size smaller than what you were wearing in Spotless shirts?
well i had a medium spotless one, but that was always a bit too big. so i got a small Total Image and it fits well, so personally id say same size....

H.P

HSC
didn't get a phonecall after the second interview?

should I call the store? or call the person who handled my interview?(which would mean calling the manager of that department)

because I didn't get a rejection email/call either

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
didn't get a phonecall after the second interview?

should I call the store? or call the person who handled my interview?(which would mean calling the manager of that department)

because I didn't get a rejection email/call either
Person who handled your interview.

Harry778

HSC
So glad that last week is last week! Lol...worst week ever! I worked today 6-3 s/shop, so many shitty people. hahaha. Idiots. They were all complaining about the price rise in cigarettes and I felt like saying 'yeah sorry, I personally raised the prices..dont know what I was thinking' FUCK.
Then me and the CSM where just talking about how fucked people are and some lady slams her hand on the desk and yells SERVICE PLEASE she was literally there for 5 seconds. Then Rori (CSM) goes 'good luck with that one' hahaha hes so funnnny.

TOMORROW OFF YAYAYAYA.

mak5

HSC
N/A
From the 3 women at my workplace who have received shirts, we've all had to change sizes. Personally I found the spotless shirts to be a size smaller than my regular size. Sorry can't comment on mens, have'nt had any feedback.

ekul444

HSC
N/A
hmm interesting. i just went onto the Spotless site to check their sizing compared to Total Image's for you guys and turns out their site has been closed down now. old shirts are officially gone!

"The Spotless On Line Store is Now Closed. 01/12/2009
Welcome to the Spotless on line store. Spotless is no longer the Supplier of Shirts and Blouses to Woolworths in Australia. All enquiries should be directed to Woolworths Human Resources Department in relation to the supply of these items."

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
hmm interesting. i just went onto the Spotless site to check their sizing compared to Total Image's for you guys and turns out their site has been closed down now. old shirts are officially gone!

Welcome to the Spotless on line store. Spotless is no longer the Supplier of Shirts and Blouses to Woolworths in Australia. All enquiries should be directed to Woolworths Human Resources Department in relation to the supply of these items."
That's only just recent, the other night I checked the spotless sizing grids. Oh and by the way, they do NOT match Total image at all. I'd be like an XS compared to total image (waist grid)( - very strange :S)

Last edited:

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Can we wear the new Total Image shirts as soon as we get them, or is there a point next year as to when we can start to wear them?

Thanks
We can wear them as soon as you get them according to Area HR.

I had a really strange encounter with a five dollar note yesterday. I was on an express, giving a customer their change, which consisted of a $5 note.
I was about to pull it out from under the clip, when I saw this (minus the SPECIMEN)...

I see these all the time.

Speaking of notes I found this $10 note in a drawer a couple of months ago. I had never seen anything like it before and we all decided that it was a fake. But according to wikipedia this was the original $10 note in 1988. Do you think we are still allowed to accept this?

I doubt self serve would accept it! lol
You must accept them, they are still legal tender.

Worst day at work in my lyf on Sunday.

1. A customer's $50 essentials card kept declining even though the operator confirmed she scratched the pin on the back in front of his eyes, and so she had never used it before. The balance said $18.50 so i rang up Essentials and they told me she'd used it at another Lonnie store in August. So i was like wtf and called DM, who decided to believe her (she said st vinnies gave them to her to feed her kids), and then he decided to "void" heaps of items but then give them back to her, losing the store some mon mons.

2. Then i gave a customer a Britex which had a 'do not operate' tag on it, which the customer discovered after he had put all the stuff on his carpet, so i had to give him a full refund on that, and he left the products at home son the store lost lots on that too (but i didn't tell anyone about that particular blunder)

3. Busy

4. Stalking shoplifters who broke into a car in the car park.

5. I answered the phone and thought it was an internal call, so i was just like 'HELLO?" very irritably and then suddenly realised it was the hold on line 1, so i was like 'um, i mean, good afternoon woolworths x this is yoddle speaking" luckily the person on the other end had a sense of humour.

Murder

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
5. I answered the phone and thought it was an internal call, so i was just like 'hello?" very irritably and then suddenly realised it was the hold on line 1, so i was like 'um, i mean, good afternoon woolworths x this is yoddle speaking" luckily the person on the other end had a sense of humour.
Lol!

gypo101

HSC
hey guys, after u applied for a job, how long did it take them to reply to u?
hheeh thanx xD

SS-champion

HSC
I'm so glad to have tomorrow off!
On Saturday I worked 6:30-15:30 self serve
Sunday 15-24 self serve
and Monday(today) 10-18:30 on big registers all day!! (Haven't done that for a while, "I'm the SS-champ not the Reg-Champ" haha)

On Sunday night I stupidly gave a refund to someone on the hot list!! only realised after I had done it and she was gone. oh well!

it was 2 morro oils which she must of purchased at half price. she changed them for 2 carbonnel oils but she still ended up better off.

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
Longest day I've ever worked.

Started at 5am and finished at 10am. Came back at 12pm to begin the configuration for installating my new produce loungers, and I have just got home from work at 12am. So all up I spent 17hours working today, wooo me! (From 12-12 I only took 1 15minute break too)

But that's life :)

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC

Still available though:

Login Page

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Longest day I've ever worked.

Started at 5am and finished at 10am. Came back at 12pm to begin the configuration for installating my new produce loungers, and I have just got home from work at 12am. So all up I spent 17hours working today, wooo me! (From 12-12 I only took 1 15minute break too)

But that's life :)
You can't work for more then 12 hours? :\

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)