The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

MMacka

HSC
N/A
i been thinking about maybe dedicating time to two depts..

i see people on my roster have some split shifts between frontend and night fill..

i been considering deli.. but that would mean id have to do all the food safety jazz..

would it even be possible?
Generally working two departments is when they don't have enough staff to cope or they need someone extra to fill in. So in my experience its never a staff member going up to a manager and asking to be able to work in two departments its usually the other way around.

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
Generally working two departments is when they don't have enough staff to cope or they need someone extra to fill in. So in my experience its never a staff member going up to a manager and asking to be able to work in two departments its usually the other way around.
There's plenty of people in my store who work in multiple departments. When I first started I had permanent shifts on Checkouts, Produce and Grocery.

Harry778

HSC
I have 9 hours on monday :) That will be one of the days where they actually pay me enough to deal with crap and not care about it. Its like when people say "just think about the money" and then when I do..I just think..nahh its so not worth it..lol.

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
What's so special about Monday over there? I would Google it but can't really be bothered....

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
Queens birthday holiday. She's your queen as well! :)
Oh lol, we had our Queens Birthday Holiday last monday?

I prefer to take public holiday's off...yeah it's time and a half (only 1.5x here!) but if they are offering me a day off fully paid without affecting my leave then fuck yeah I'm going to take it!

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Oh lol, we had our Queens Birthday Holiday last monday?

I prefer to take public holiday's off...yeah it's time and a half (only 1.5x here!) but if they are offering me a day off fully paid without affecting my leave then fuck yeah I'm going to take it!
that is only valid if you are rostered to work that day thoguh. lol

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Oh my god, something AMAZINGLY interesting was happening at my store today. It's a long story but i'll try to shorten it.

One asian guy through self serve with a few items, and he had included 4 $100 optus recharges which he tried paying credit for. The card declined and he walked out saying "ah i cant take it, i have no money". One strange thing was, he had about 4 declined EFT sessions and I was only alerted to one. Normally SCO will say "assistance required" each time a card declines.

I had to go and void the 4 ePay items before i could void the transaction, so I manually voided them all, and it still wouldn't let me void the transaction.. I was like WTF. so I voided EVERY ITEM until the subtotal was $0.00. Still wouldnt let me. I dumped something in for 0.01 and then put 5c coin in.
You would not believe what happened next. A $100 Optus voucher printed after the receipt.

5 minutes later, an asian lady came in and it declined. She had put 3 $100 recharges. I had to do exactly the same thing. Also printed out a $100 optus recharge at the end. And then a THIRD time it happened. This guy came in and had 4 on the screen. When it declined, I checked and it had several EFT declines on there. I immediently called the DM as it was apparent this mob of asian people were using stolen credit cards. And somehow there was a glitch (in the recent upgrade????) that printed a $100 optus voucher that was UNPAID!

Could not believe it. And the guy kept trying to slip out of the store. I had to tell him several times to wait inside the store, every time i turned around he was slowly sneeking out.
Fucking scam artists.

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
Oh my god, something AMAZINGLY interesting was happening at my store today. It's a long story but i'll try to shorten it.

One asian guy through self serve with a few items, and he had included 4 $100 optus recharges which he tried paying credit for. The card declined and he walked out saying "ah i cant take it, i have no money". One strange thing was, he had about 4 declined EFT sessions and I was only alerted to one. Normally SCO will say "assistance required" each time a card declines.

I had to go and void the 4 ePay items before i could void the transaction, so I manually voided them all, and it still wouldn't let me void the transaction.. I was like WTF. so I voided EVERY ITEM until the subtotal was $0.00. Still wouldnt let me. I dumped something in for 0.01 and then put 5c coin in.
You would not believe what happened next. A $100 Optus voucher printed after the receipt.

5 minutes later, an asian lady came in and it declined. She had put 3 $100 recharges. I had to do exactly the same thing. Also printed out a $100 optus recharge at the end. And then a THIRD time it happened. This guy came in and had 4 on the screen. When it declined, I checked and it had several EFT declines on there. I immediently called the DM as it was apparent this mob of asian people were using stolen credit cards. And somehow there was a glitch (in the recent upgrade????) that printed a $100 optus voucher that was UNPAID!

Could not believe it. And the guy kept trying to slip out of the store. I had to tell him several times to wait inside the store, every time i turned around he was slowly sneeking out.
Fucking scam artists.
You're right...that's...."interesting"

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
You're right...that's...."interesting"
I'm not sure which part is most interesting.
The fact that

1. Three credit card thieves visited my store
  2. They found a way to do several EFT sessions with several credit cards without alerting me to declining
  3. The voucher printed without being paid for?
So fucking sus.

jackson11

HSC
A few things

1. I've just started with woolies about a month or two ago and i want to know when i get my discount card and where to get it from?

2. I'm getting next to nothing in hours at all and want to be getting more, who should i talk to?

3. I want to get hold of my payslips but don't know where to get them from, i'm in long life if that helps

Thank you

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
RAWR guise.

The new shirts (specifically the light green - non spot - in the short sleeve) are awful.
I'm a size 12 (and on occasion a 14 to compensate for chest room), I bought a size TEN, and it's too big. :spzz:
Also it is halfway down to my knees. Grr.

The new vests are very nice though :)
As are the long sleeve light green (though not entirely suited to working in bakery).

timw7845

Somewhere near the mountains... somewhere near the
HSC
A few things

1. I've just started with woolies about a month or two ago and i want to know when i get my discount card and where to get it from?

2. I'm getting next to nothing in hours at all and want to be getting more, who should i talk to?

3. I want to get hold of my payslips but don't know where to get them from, i'm in long life if that helps

Thank you

1. Cash office.. knock on the door.. and state your name when the person answers it and ask if your cards in, or u can ring up nd ask.. thats what i did

2. Your dept manager.. noone else can help you

3. they will be behind the service desk.. well thats where mine are kept i assume most stores are the same

britto89

HSC
3. they will be behind the service desk.. well thats where mine are kept i assume most stores are the same
I don't think grocery pay slips are kept behind the service desk, although the frontend department ones tend to be. But that makes sense as its their "home location" in the store. Just like deli's are in the deli, etc.

Groceries will vary where they are, based on where each store decides to put them. In one store i worked in they were in a certain draw (grocery managers draw) in the general office. However in the store I work in now they are in the departments pigeon hole. Just ask your manager or anyone else in your department and they should be able to point you in the right direction.

britto

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)