The Woolworths Thread (3 Viewers)

LIQR7

HSC
N/A
From tomorrow.
*Excited*

(Plus SM/STM/SSM no longer has to sign off on weekly/monthly cleaning schedules)
Technically from 1st July. The new department reports can be printed from Wednesday(i.e. no more different reports, all in one.)

chastity

HSC
hey just wondering if anyone has any idea what a perishables manager makes a year in salary and bonuses? thinking of trying to switch from iga to woolworths cause there are more opportunities to move forward but not sure bout the whole salary system at woolies, seems it just rips you off? paid for 38, rostered for 45, expected to work 55, whats with that?

bdude

HSC
Some I remember are, coins are to stay in the registers at all times. ie when packing up a draw for the night, only the notes are taken to cash office, coins stay where they are.
We do even less than that at Coles.

PyroTek

HSC
Chastity, it all depends on the size of the department. Our old LLM @ our store is now Perishables manager at a much bigger store for more money.

HSC
I got sent home last night cos we were over staffed and dead quiet!,so i did 5-8 woo! we had 3 people at service desk last night quite odd!,they were going to send the less experienced girl (second shift last night) home but instead I asked could I go and she said, "Sure your more experienced" well that was the supervisor

oh btw thanks for realising i actually like my holidays at home NOT!! :shoot: woolworths!

MON: 14:00-18:00
WED: 12:00-18:00
SAT: 07:30-15:30
SUN: 08:30-16:30
YUCK! :bomb:

Last edited:

ytrbut

HSC
hey just wondering if anyone has any idea what a perishables manager makes a year in salary and bonuses? thinking of trying to switch from iga to woolworths cause there are more opportunities to move forward but not sure bout the whole salary system at woolies, seems it just rips you off? paid for 38, rostered for 45, expected to work 55, whats with that?
Salaried department managers are rostered for 40 hours per week, with most being required to do a 48 hour six-day week, which is then followed by a 32 hour four-day week (ie. work Mon-Sat, have the next Monday off, so two days off consecutively).

Salary depends on size of store, how long you've worked at the company, and role. Some bonus categories (ie. the highest) accumulate and permanently increase your salary/increase it over a period of 3-5 years, others are single-year bonuses.

A bit of poking around suggested the base salary for a department manager at my store was 970/week + end of year bonus. Some other salaried individuals (ie. storeperson and SSO) had a lower salary, everyone else was higher.

To emphasise the "depends on how long you've been there and had top-level bonuses accumulate" point, our meat and produce managers are on more than the perishables manager, not because they have higher sales, but because they've had consistently good audit results, hence good bonuses, and they've been with the company longer.

HSC
Salaried department managers are rostered for 40 hours per week, with most being required to do a 48 hour six-day week, which is then followed by a 32 hour four-day week (ie. work Mon-Sat, have the next Monday off, so two days off consecutively).
Except it pretty much does work out at work 45 hours, paid for 40. I don't know many department managers who do 8 hour days only.

ie - front end at my store.

Week 1
Mon - 7-5
Tues - 7-4.30
Wed - 7-5
Thurs 7-5
Fri 7-5
Sat 7-5.30

Total - 9+8.5+9+9+9+9.5 = 54

Week 2
Tues 8.30-6.30
Wed 8.30-6.30
Thurs 10-8
Fri 8.30-6.30

Total - 9+9+9+9 = 36

36 + 54 = 90 hour fortnight

Hopefully my maths is correct there :p

brookie94

HSC
Except it pretty much does work out at work 45 hours, paid for 40. I don't know many department managers who do 8 hour days only.

ie - front end at my store.

Week 1
Mon - 7-5
Tues - 7-4.30
Wed - 7-5
Thurs 7-5
Fri 7-5
Sat 7-5.30

Total - 9+8.5+9+9+9+9.5 = 54

Week 2
Tues 8.30-6.30
Wed 8.30-6.30
Thurs 10-8
Fri 8.30-6.30

Total - 9+9+9+9 = 36

36 + 54 = 90 hour fortnight

Hopefully my maths is correct there :p
WOW! your managers start late.. our csm starts most mornings at 5..and wont finish until like 5-6 at night. she may be a bitch but she certainly chugs out those long days pretty well.

HSC
WOW! your managers start late.. our csm starts most mornings at 5..and wont finish until like 5-6 at night. she may be a bitch but she certainly chugs out those long days pretty well.
yeah but we don't open until 8, so 7 is more than enough time to do everything.

Friday morning open is technically 6.30, because they assume I've left the place gross from thursday night. So I have to ring whoever is opening at around 8.30 thursday night to let them know how things are going.

brookie94

HSC
yeah but we don't open until 8, so 7 is more than enough time to do everything.

Friday morning open is technically 6.30, because they assume I've left the place gross from thursday night. So I have to ring whoever is opening at around 8.30 thursday night to let them know how things are going.
we open at 7 so theyre still there around 2 hours early.. 5.30 at the absolute latest.
hahahah oh god.. thats not good lol. oh well.

im not looking foward to work today.. i have a bad feeling i scanned a liquor item (wine cask) through coz it asked for age and after i hit accept if just came up like a normal item.. was really unusual and i think it was liquor but i thought that a dept error would have come up.. but i was fucking tired, on a shit register and he put it on the conveyor belt. but i could be worrying about nothing because it didnt have a paid sticker on it or anything for liquor like a reciept..

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
Ha, at our store it's the other way around. Managers are salaried for 40 hours and usually do about 38, only a few do 45. Store room manager does 32!

But then again we are a small store.

Man I feel sorry for our Price Integrity manager on October 1st. Our GST rate goes up from 12.5% to 15%. THOUSANDS of price changes. Poor lady.

HSC
we open at 7 so theyre still there around 2 hours early.. 5.30 at the absolute latest.

im not looking foward to work today.. i have a bad feeling i scanned a liquor item (wine cask) through coz it asked for age and after i hit accept if just came up like a normal item.. was really unusual and i think it was liquor but i thought that a dept error would have come up.. but i was fucking tired, on a shit register and he put it on the conveyor belt. but i could be worrying about nothing because it didnt have a paid sticker on it or anything for liquor like a reciept..
Oops! you will do fine brookie!

yeah our managers/ 2ICs do insane days, like yesterday my SSM she did 06:00-19:00 and our groceries 2IC did 06:00 (THANKS FOR RINGING ME WHEN YU GOT THERE :p) till 18:00 and our deli 2IC did, 07:00-19:00. Like one day my depo manager did, 07:00-22:00

timw7845

Somewhere near the mountains... somewhere near the
HSC

that happened to me with apparently non alcoholic beer..

i didnt even know we sold it tbh :S

NNS7

HSC
N/A
As Pyro said it is determined by many factors, but dep. size, number of previous appointments, and sales/budget and audit results. it is not clear cut. I'm a salaried 2ic and usually work around 42hrs a week on a 6 4 roster like ytrbut said, and I'm in a medium sized dept. the manager works around 50 hrs usually.

I wouldn't expect to come from IGA as a manager and go straight to being a dept manager at woolworths, different companies, and judging by the IGA near my house, very different standards. Unless you are high up, you usually have to earn your stripes.

timw7845

Somewhere near the mountains... somewhere near the
HSC
As Pyro said it is determined by many factors, but dep. size, number of previous appointments, and sales/budget and audit results. it is not clear cut. I'm a salaried 2ic and usually work around 42hrs a week on a 6 4 roster like ytrbut said, and I'm in a medium sized dept. the manager works around 50 hrs usually.

I wouldn't expect to come from IGA as a manager and go straight to being a dept manager at woolworths, different companies, and judging by the IGA near my house, very different standards. Unless you are high up, you usually have to earn your stripes.
IGA & Woolworths = Rocks & Diamonds tbh...

the one here is just a glorified general store

MMacka

HSC
N/A
Oops! you will do fine brookie!

yeah our managers/ 2ICs do insane days, like yesterday my SSM she did 06:00-19:00 and our groceries 2IC did 06:00 (THANKS FOR RINGING ME WHEN YU GOT THERE ) till 18:00 and our deli 2IC did, 07:00-19:00. Like one day my depo manager did, 07:00-22:00
Once I did 6am-8pm and it was absolute hell. I'm non-salaried and I was on my own for most of the day in Bakery on a public holiday.

They paid it out no questions asked, big money. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)