The Woolworths Thread (2 Viewers)

HSC
OMG our liquor manager is actually screwed in the head.
Sunday, there is one person in there from 12-5 and noone to do her lunchbreak (she actually works 11-5.30, and the afternoon SSA does the morning shift in liquor, so I have to do it and then leave front end short).
Today, Monday, there are TWO people in there from 4 til close (8pm). I did not serve anyone after 5.40.

I quite like liquor, nice and cruisy, just noone ask me anything, okay

EDIT: thats awesome shinji, a 'real job' I presume?

Last edited:
HSC
Wooo biggest bludge tonight
our night smokeshop assistant got sent home by the night supervisor, I went on a 15 then around 7:30 got sent on my 10 minute break and only did 4 hours schweet!

HSC
our night smokeshop assistant got sent home by the night supervisor, I went on a 15 then around 7:30 got sent on my 10 minute break and only did 4 hours schweet!
I really should have been sent home too!

My list for the night was serve/routine/fill smokes/clean/spot tills. As I said, did not serve anyone past 5.40, had all the liquor tills spot checked well before close, filled liquor smokes to the brim so they shouldn't have to get any more for the rest of the week, had the whole store routined in about 20 minutes, and cleaning, well, that consisted of emptying the bin apparantly. I did front end reports in that time, took a far too long tea break, called the front end sup for a chat for about 10 minutes, did a produce ID test, and stood around rather awkwardly.
Was great.

ekul444

HSC
N/A

My list for the night was serve/routine/fill smokes/clean/spot tills. As I said, did not serve anyone past 5.40, had all the liquor tills spot checked well before close, filled liquor smokes to the brim so they shouldn't have to get any more for the rest of the week, had the whole store routined in about 20 minutes, and cleaning, well, that consisted of emptying the bin apparantly. I did front end reports in that time, took a far too long tea break, called the front end sup for a chat for about 10 minutes, did a produce ID test, and stood around rather awkwardly.
Was great.
lol sounds like my day... I wasnt supposed to be working but the 2IC called me up bout 11.30 saying she was absolutely desperate and could I start ASAP.

Got there about 12.00 did a couple of tea breaks, dealt with a First Aid emergency, changed some prices in smokeshop, supervised front end and generally did very little in the way of actually serving. (i was expecting to be stuck on mains all day in a severly understaffed front end) In fairness she was totally by herself (no CSM/SSM) so she was quite reliant on me. Was a really great day. The 2IC is so awesome. Probably one of the best days ive had at work in a long time :p

brookie94

HSC
OMG our liquor manager is actually screwed in the head.
Sunday, there is one person in there from 12-5 and noone to do her lunchbreak (she actually works 11-5.30, and the afternoon SSA does the morning shift in liquor, so I have to do it and then leave front end short).
Today, Monday, there are TWO people in there from 4 til close (8pm). I did not serve anyone after 5.40.

I quite like liquor, nice and cruisy, just noone ask me anything, okay

EDIT: thats awesome shinji, a 'real job' I presume?
hahahah. our liquor manager is echnically supposed to have 2 people it at all times. they are open for like 94 hours a week and she is allowed 145 for rosters. she was like wtf can i do!? lol and one of her ft-ers just resigned.. haha was funny coz he's always working and works like a dog. will be funny to see how the stupid bitch deals with that :p shes such a cow.
i wish.

Was great.
i wish
lol sounds like my day... I wasnt supposed to be working but the 2IC called me up bout 11.30 saying she was absolutely desperate and could I start ASAP.

Got there about 12.00 did a couple of tea breaks, dealt with a First Aid emergency, changed some prices in smokeshop, supervised front end and generally did very little in the way of actually serving. (i was expecting to be stuck on mains all day in a severly understaffed front end) In fairness she was totally by herself (no CSM/SSM) so she was quite reliant on me. Was a really great day. The 2IC is so awesome. Probably one of the best days ive had at work in a long time :p
i wish.

lol our store was SOOOOO busy last night. freakin ridiculous! we have dm on smokeshop and csm serving with sm taking over for a while whenever csm had something to deal with. we had operators running to the service desk to get their own bags because everyone was serving and dm has no clue and was flat out on smokeshop. csm was like holy fuck. and it didnt really slow down too much. so many rushes.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Yes Indeedy. lol. Will be working 6/7days a week for a few weeks before my resignation comes into effect.

My last day working is on the 1st of August. I begin my new job on Monday. Hooray for working 2 jobs >D.
I'm working for an accounting firm called Chan & Naylor - mid-tier firm. Directly assisting the director with research, accounts, producing reports, etc.
So it'll be interesting and a change of pace :D

HSC
lol our store was SOOOOO busy last night. freakin ridiculous! we have dm on smokeshop and csm serving with sm taking over for a while whenever csm had something to deal with. we had operators running to the service desk to get their own bags because everyone was serving and dm has no clue and was flat out on smokeshop. csm was like holy fuck. and it didnt really slow down too much. so many rushes.
We had our busy moments last night, but we got fairly quiet fast. around 4:30-5ish we had the groceries manager on express and groceries 2IC on smokeshop, and our night supervisor on main and day supervisor on express. But we quietened down a whole lot and quickly, but my shift was a good bludge, Was helpful having both the grocery boys near my register, instead of using the PA just called out to them :p :burn: PIP

brookie94

HSC
We had our busy moments last night, but we got fairly quiet fast. around 4:30-5ish we had the groceries manager on express and groceries 2IC on smokeshop, and our night supervisor on main and day supervisor on express. But we quietened down a whole lot and quickly, but my shift was a good bludge, Was helpful having both the grocery boys near my register, instead of using the PA just called out to them :p :burn: PIP
hahaha yeh we got busy but it didnt go away quick. it sucked lol.

and yehhh. im sure THATS the reason you liked having the 2ic near you ;) hahaha

HSC
hahaha yeh we got busy but it didnt go away quick. it sucked lol.

and yehhh. im sure THATS the reason you liked having the 2ic near you ;) hahaha
:tongue: , He and the groceries manager were stocking baked beans on the display near my register. I was checking where I was on the roster sheet and he comes up to me and says, "Ner nearly finished finishing at 4:30 today!" did he? no he finished at 6! I swear that boy is married to Woolworths

brookie94

HSC
haha yeh, im sure thats why you liked having them there hahahah you liar :p you just wanted to check out aaron ;)

HSC
:tongue: yes I did was a good sight, now I think I'm going to go upto work to get some lunch....nothing is worth eating in the fridge.

Last edited:

Beege

HSC
I'm now a woolies employee :) It was just a one-on-one interview and I got offered the position on the spot. Induction is on Saturday, woo.

katiee223

HSC
had my induction on saturday. :) i joined the sda union but i don't know if i really need it. i'm a casual and 15years old. can you leave the union at any time?

_be

HSC
You can if you want.

Also, I am now the Saturday storeman at my store!
I was going so well as well - for my first day - until about 5 minutes before I was due to finish, I cut my left palm (with a pair of freaking scissors no less), and my SM had to take me for a drive (about 20 minutes away) to an after-hours doctor, and I now have 3 stitches in my hand. :(

john-91

HSC
has anyone noticed in the new woolworths ad about the reduced prices, towards the end where the girl is at the checkout, the girl behind her is scanning in secure mode?

everytime I see it I can't help but notice haha.

brookie94

HSC
has anyone noticed in the new woolworths ad about the reduced prices, towards the end where the girl is at the checkout, the girl behind her is scanning in secure mode?

hahahhah really? fail...

HSC

yes I noticed that, I laughed at the fail component of that, I was watching it my groceries 2IC, it was replaying in the lunchroom and where like, haha fucking idiot the register is secured..ooh we laughed about that for a while last week

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)