The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

ytrbut

HSC
Anyone here not work on frontend? If so, which department(s), and how is your Xmas prep all going?

Bit scary that it's now <4 weeks away. Creeps up!

wistle

HSC
Ok, so what happens if you don't take it down? I swear I had a phone that had a sim card in it, but my supervisor said it didn't need ID because it was unlocked?

powlmao

Banned
HSC
In Sydney my supervisor / manager says you have to do it regardless everything for all sims.

Plus it will tell you on the screen if you have too

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
The ID check is *only* for SIM cards, not mobile phones. The government cares only about the details of the person using the mobile number & service, not the phone.
Phones that do not have a SIM card, you do not do an ID check. Phones that DO have a SIM card, you MUST do an ID check.

An easy way to tell, look for a control number. If there is a control number on the phone box label, do an ID check (it should be somewhere around near the IMEI/etc)
And of course, all standalone SIM cards require an ID check.

Plus it will tell you on the screen if you have too
Where?

Jolyon

HSC
@Jolyon - Congrats! How did it go?
Went well! Was fun to finally be official and all and be able to actually "assert" my authority to those middle-aged woman folk who think they rule the frontend. My CSM lets me run things and she sits back so I get the feel for it

nanakid12

HSC
For phones with SIM cards, we always put in the IMEI number of the phone. Is this correct?We always put in the SIM Control number into the ID check if its a sim card though

britto89

HSC
Its not exactly new news but i'm not sure if anyone has had anything to do with it yet. Seemingly NSW RSA holders now are issued with photo cards and over the next 5yrs people will have to convert from paper to card.

NSW RSA's are also set to expire every 5 yrs. What a massive amount of paperwork for NSW WoolworthsLiquor stores.

Jolyon

HSC
Its not exactly new news but i'm not sure if anyone has had anything to do with it yet. Seemingly NSW RSA holders now are issued with photo cards and over the next 5yrs people will have to convert from paper to card.

NSW RSA's are also set to expire every 5 yrs. What a massive amount of paperwork for NSW WoolworthsLiquor stores.
I have not heard of this and I am sure I would of been told. This is my weekend so I will ask our liquor manager tomorrow and see.

bensneddon

HSC

WA has done this, but only for people who are "Approved Managers" under the Liquor Control Act. So it's only a few (usually under 5) people in each store.

It's a pretty expensive process to become an approved manager now... You have to do your RSA and Course in Liquor Licensing ($310), get a National Police Clearance ($55.50), then apply do the Dept of Racing, Gaming and Liquor to get the card ($165). Renewals costs $120.

BSammy

HSC
Got a nice letter from my HR today.

The first two points I am happy with, one fixed my pay (extra $50 leave loading I was owed but not payed) two said yes to clause 2.6.2.1 happening in feb (if anyone needs more permanent hours and has been part time for at least a year, look at that clause in the agreement and see if you can use it)

Point three got a cop out 'the store assures us the rosters are posted no later than wednesday and if changes are made they are discussed with employees individually' which i'm not certain happens, but whatever, concluded with 'if you notice this not occurring please contact me directly so i can follow up' which is handy, but not worth bothering about unless the store dicks me around with hours :p if anyone else notices this happening do so as well, as it breaks the agreement if they don't.

The back pay mentioned is Vic only, from what I've gathered due to the job and pay grade desciptions in the agreement for vic being far less specific than other states. SSA is apparently grade 4 for the rest of the 2009-2012 agreement. I imagine they will fix this next agreement and the pay rate will drop to 3 at the most. but that's just speculation.

Basically if you've been SSA in Vic since 3rd May 2010, and paid at grade 2 you will apparently get back pay, in the next few weeks.

Quite happy with the results there. :) Going to send a thanks email or something.

britto89

HSC
I have not heard of this and I am sure I would of been told. This is my weekend so I will ask our liquor manager tomorrow and see.
Full details can be found here:

http://www.olgr.nsw.gov.au/photocard.asp

Basically people have to update based on the age of their current one by doing a refresher course. This will then issue them with a photocard that will expire in 5yrs. Companies will no longer have to maintain RSA folders once all staff are using cards and the employee will be required to carry the card on them or have it accessible when serving liquor.

britto89

HSC
Point three got a cop out 'the store assures us the rosters are posted no later than wednesday and if changes are made they are discussed with employees individually'
Best advice I can give with this is to take a photo of the roster when it initially goes up. What is everyone elses situation like with rosters? I expect to see the "2 Week" out roster at least out the Friday before the "Next Week" roster. If they do that then i am happy.

nanakid12

HSC
Isn't it always just fun when the EFT lines go down, and it takes about 40 seconds for the "Processing..." to finish, then having to wait for the customer to sign. Especially when its so freaking busy, and it happens to 99% of the cards that come through? And 99% of the customers decide to pay with EFTPOS instead of cash?

And then when the customers ask what "SENDING WOW REVERSAL" means, which prompts into a big discussion of how "I have no idea, I'm guessing its just recording it in the system to take out in a few hours when the lines are back up?" , to the reply of "Oh... you should know that though."

Then makes it even better when one of the checkouts decides to crash on Storeline and go to a weird orange background with the Start menu. Luckily a quick reboot fixed that...

Apart from that, twas a marvellous Saturday. Can't wait til we're open next Sunday.

T 360

One of the Fresh Food Peo
HSC
Gah! Eft being down was a nightmare today! pretty much the same as you. I also don't know what WOW Reversal means. Or WOW Advice? or Initalize 92? Anyone know?

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Omg same in big w

Eftpos was down for 5 hours !! So bad

Also seventh consecutive day working in a row today!! And have three more too.

Lol so I will end up doing 12 days in a row

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
This was the worst, most stressful day I've had with the company in so long.
EFT was down from 2.30pm and is still down right now. It's in fall-back mode, so all CHQ/SAV customers were required to sign (including a delayed "processing" time), and all credit purchases over like $40 decided to fuck up.
Giftcards of all types were also declined under "Bank Unavailable" (same as the credit customers).
The EFT would then randomly not process any transaction at all, wouldn't even let you get in. It would just constantly say "No response" after the "Initializing 192/193" displayed. So there were periods where literally NO eftpos or any electronic transaction could be processed.

We had one particularly irate customer that demanded a $30 voucher for her "inconvenience" (pft...). We offered her a box of chocolates and she goes "I don't want chocolates". She was also swearing at me, I was SO close to asking her to leave the store, but lucky the manager was on his way at that point. She claimed that, this day in age, it would IMPOSSIBLE for something like this to happen. Silly, SILLY woman.

To add insult to injury, we were short hours, THEN a persons no-shows. There was three staff from 6.30pm (myself, the supervisor and the 5-10 person). We only started counting registers at 9pm, and this is usually done at 6.30pm-ish.

Most stressful fucking day ever. FUCK

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)