The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

tubba001

HSC
Moved away from my hometown for university at the start of the year. I still haven't been able to get a transfer!!!! Damn frustrating as I have a lot of experience in replenishment/merchandising. Has anyone else had this much trouble getting one or do you know anyone who has had similar troubles? I've been rejected from all of the positions I've applied for. All I want is 10 hours or so a week stacking shelves. :mad3::mad3::mad3:

Last edited:

FlyingKanga

The optimistic pessimist.
HSC
Hey guys, I think I screwed up. I've been working since December. I entered my TFN and other details into SuccessFactors when I had to, but it seems that I didn't hit the submit button? I realised today after so many months that they've been charging ridiculous amounts of tax after looking at my payslip for the first time lol. Who do I ask to be reimbursed all that tax, after submitting my TFN?

BSammy

HSC
Hey guys, I think I screwed up. I've been working since December. I entered my TFN and other details into SuccessFactors when I had to, but it seems that I didn't hit the submit button? I realised today after so many months that they've been charging ridiculous amounts of tax after looking at my payslip for the first time lol. Who do I ask to be reimbursed all that tax, after submitting my TFN?
you ask the tax department when you do your tax return in about a month.

Katebrunner

HSC
I don't think Wollies can reimburse you. You just claim it back from the ATO when you do your tax return thing

FrontEndHero

HSC
N/A
Would anyone be able to tell me about gap scans and how to do them? All I know is that people used to hate doing them and you go through the store scanning all gaps (out of stocks) but what else goes into a gap scan? Cheers!

nanakid12

HSC
Nothing else goes in a gap scan really. It used to be stuff that is low in stock, but they changed it a while back so that its just stuff that is completely out of stock.

@FlyingKanga you will get a really nice amount back when you submit your tax return.

Joshuey

HSC
N/A
Was wondering if anyone could help me in regards to uniforms?

I'm starting in Nightfill soon. I don't really like the polos (even though they're supposedly more comfortable) and I want to wear the long sleeve button up instead. Am I allowed or am I restricted to polos?

On the Total Image website it says [polos] are delegated to Replenishment/Nightfill, however I always see at my local store during the day some replenishment members wearing the long sleeve button up.

nanakid12

HSC
Just wear them lol, it doesn't matter. If it were me I find the polo more comfortable cause it's less restrictive when constantly bending and moving but it's literally up to you.

It's just not supposed to be the other way around ie. wearing Longlife polo in other departments but my store are pretty lax about that too.

Barrysmith

HSC
Hi all , this probably sound silly. i'm looking at jobs on Sucess Factors and i see customer Service Team Manager and customer Service Team support advertised (from two different stores) they both have the same description. my question is whats the difference, my guess is manager is salary and support is Eba. i know Service Team support is usually front end supervisor. i might be going crazy :p

BSammy

HSC
yeah pretty much. service team support would probably be like a 2IC position if it's full time.

rioario1

HSC
Hey guys, I have been working at Woolworths for about 7 months now as a Casual at Front End. Our Scan Rates are released fairly irregularly, but when they are I have peaked at 32.3 items/min which co-workers found impressive. I am quite a statistics nerd kind of guy and would be interested if I would be able to check these stats online at home instead of at work computers. Thanks in advance

T_Knight

HSC
Good question. Unfortunately you can online check on woolies computers (all the reports are run internally on the store's database reports). You can check the scan rates of all other stores in your area group through 'launchpad'. Tbh, scan rate is a silly measure. Because smokeshop operators will ALWAYS be faster than everyone else! Scanning a packet of smokes and quickly hitting enter will mean you're scan rate is highly inflated compared to someone on full service having to wait for customers to unload groceries and then they have to come down the belt. You can easily reach 50-60 items/min if you get the technique down (scan & hit enter immediately), smae with opal cards or mobile recharges.

But it is kind of cool to be top of the leaderboard i guess (not much other incentive to work on checkouts, having to deal with all the customers).

Xantios

HSC
N/A
Was wondering if anyone could help me in regards to uniforms?

I'm starting in Nightfill soon. I don't really like the polos (even though they're supposedly more comfortable) and I want to wear the long sleeve button up instead. Am I allowed or am I restricted to polos?

On the Total Image website it says [polos] are delegated to Replenishment/Nightfill, however I always see at my local store during the day some replenishment members wearing the long sleeve button up.
All departments can wear the microcheck shirt, the polo shirts are just an option for Nightfill/Longlife. You'll be moving around a lot, bending and lifting etc so it's important to be comfortable!

subtekjr

HSC
Any other stores have issues with yesterday's load? My Produce load in Perth was 2 pallets worth of stock. Apparently we weren't the only ones?

Edit: We normally get 5-7 pallets on Sunday for Monday.

Xantios

HSC
N/A
Any other stores have issues with yesterday's load? My Produce load in Perth was 2 pallets worth of stock. Apparently we weren't the only ones?

Edit: We normally get 5-7 pallets on Sunday for Monday.
You'll get a truckload later in the week. :lol:

astroman

HSC
So how do I go about resigning?

I've been employed as a night fill team member for just over a year and due to other work commitments/study can't work anymore.

How much notice should I give, who do I write the resignation letter to and what should I write?

Xantios

HSC
N/A
So how do I go about resigning?

I've been employed as a night fill team member for just over a year and due to other work commitments/study can't work anymore.

How much notice should I give, who do I write the resignation letter to and what should I write?
I'd address it to your Longlife/Groceries manager, and according to the EBA you need to give two weeks notice if you've been with the company more than a year. If you're a casual you wouldn't need to provide any formal notice, but it would still be a common courtesy to do so.

As for the contents of the letter, you needn't write much. Just provide notice of your intent to resign due to your other work/study commitments, as of whatever date is convenient for you and meets your obligations to the company.

nanakid12

HSC
All stores are getting "Pickup", the new name of Click and Collect. How exciting for all.

Also, stores in our area are apparently getting new scanners - ones that scan barcodes from multiple sides of the product, like ALDI has.

Anyone else got any new news?

I also asked to check a ladies bag the other day, and her husband who didn't hear me was trying to move her along, and the lady absolutely went batshit insane at her husband lol. Fully screamed at him and shit. Funny

nanakid12

HSC
There's a scam going around at the moment everyone. One of our operators was targeted recently - if you ever see an EFTPOS screen which says ALLOW MANUAL KEY ENTRY, make sure you hit NO and tell a supervisor, because someone is trying to enter stolen credit card details into the pin pad. It's usually to purchase a high value gift card.

The store manager has to also be made aware of any attempts of this - looks like it's a nationwide thing at the moment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)