• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Thoughts about year 12 (1 Viewer)

v sia

HSC
Okay i know we arent really year 12 students yet but im just afraid that if i miss any school or if i bum around for a few days i might fall behind and end up being lazy and all the laziness builds up to a gigantic mess and i end up doing bad , well thats a reflection of year 11

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Most people will read this thread an d think "What... the... f...". However, I read this thread and think, "I COMPLETELY AGREE!"

I was absent a lot of days for year 11. I also skipped a lot of early morning classes, and came to school at times like 10 and 11 AM.

Made a pact with myself not to do that for year 12, though. It harmed all my subjects excepting mathematics, SDD and SOR1.

Abtari

HSC
You're damn right about that. Gotta go into Yr 12 relaxed, active and ready to fire!!!

Marius

HaHa... I have missed heaps of classes.... 50+ and i aint worse off... Just miss the ones that you know you can afford to miss. I went really well in my trials.

capsicum

HSC
v sia said:
Okay i know we arent really year 12 students yet but im just afraid that if i miss any school or if i bum around for a few days i might fall behind and end up being lazy and all the laziness builds up to a gigantic mess and i end up doing bad , well thats a reflection of year 11
well then don't bum! work hard 4 or 5 days a week, and spend the rest partying hard so u get that satisfaction.

tabularasa

HSC
See this whle year i've been using the excuse (if i go bad) it doesn't count to anythign. Now that does work anymore. And this is the real thing.

-blueblue-

hey!
HSC
N/A
Slide Rule said:
Most people will read this thread an d think "What... the... f...". However, I read this thread and think, "I COMPLETELY AGREE!"

I was absent a lot of days for year 11. I also skipped a lot of early morning classes, and came to school at times like 10 and 11 AM.

Made a pact with myself not to do that for year 12, though. It harmed all my subjects excepting mathematics, SDD and SOR1.

haha yeah .. skipping morning classes was what i did all the time! it was like hmmm better going to school later and concentrating then going to my 1st period all tired .. erm yeah def. no more skipping classes at all ( even if i have biz studies after lunch, and feel like giving myself an extended lunch) NO .. i am going to try and be good .. i still wanna have fun n' stuff though ...

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
i haven't missed a class ever int eh junior school,; or the senior school so far, and do not intened to either. right now, during tyhe holidays, i have been taking it easy, making the most of my last hholidays before going into year 12. i'm not htinking of school too much.

i will be going back to school relaxed, with a positive fram eof mind. i will ignore my preliminary results whether i do good or bad. that is the past, never rest on your laurels, and never rest on your mistakes.

i have worried too much, especially at the start of year 11. it is also best to ignore the hype of going into year 12 from your school mates. it will bring stress that is pointless to stress upon in the first place. :p

-blueblue-

hey!
HSC
N/A
yeah i have used this holidays to relax .. and get bored. and i am *hoping* when school goes back i can work really hard and do good ( oh and nice prelim results wouldnt hurt either. lol)

it feels so weird to be actually allowed to just hang around and do nothing................................... :rolleyes:

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
reformskoolgirl said:
it feels so weird to be actually allowed to just hang around and do nothing................................... :rolleyes:
why's that? have you never seen sunlight? :D

-blueblue-

hey!
HSC
N/A
^^ you know what he/she means. to be able to laze around and not have any school work/ or school stuff to do or think about ...

JamiL

in the northen hemisphere (who saids australia is
HSC
reformskoolgirl said:
exactly, ive do a lil wrk nothing 2 stress me out, but ive been going out alot (esp since it was my b'day n i turned 17 :D) and i wont have alot of tym 2 go out next year but ive been like... should i be goin out, do i have ne work i should do etc

hyperbole

i LURRVE to exaggerate.
HSC
I feel the exact same way. I always go well the first few weeks of the year though, that is, getting straight to work as soon as I get home, but then after that, I can't really be bothered. I'll try harder, much harder this time around though. I hope.

Also, what are detentions like at your school?
Because if we are late 15 minutes, we immediately recieve afternoon detention, however at detention we do nothing but sit there staring at the wall. What's the point of that? Shouldn't they make us do our homework, assessments or read?

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
If they make you stare at a wall then don't go. It's draconian. On the couple occasions that I recieved a detention my parents refused to let me attend largely due to the counter productive nature of them (as they are done at my school).

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
my school is weird as. if your late to school, you pick rubbish up, if you don't wear the right uniform you stay in at lunch.

i don't see the relation to picking up rubbish as a punsihment for being late. i really don't see much point in it. there is no lesson learnt, like i mean in real relation to being late of course.

people who don't wear the right uniform, even when given a lunch detention don't changet ehir ways. htey still don't wear the ritght uniform anyway.

with seniors, if you don't wear the right uniform, you have to go back home to change. wiht some people in my year, if they want an early mark for the day, they just don't wear the right uniform to school. it then becomes a joking matter. it's hopeless. :D :uhhuh:

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
lesmiester_dj said:
my school is weird as. if your late to school, you pick rubbish up, if you don't wear the right uniform you stay in at lunch.

i don't see the relation to picking up rubbish as a punsihment for being late. i really don't see much point in it. there is no lesson learnt, like i mean in real relation to being late of course.

people who don't wear the right uniform, even when given a lunch detention don't changet ehir ways. htey still don't wear the ritght uniform anyway.

with seniors, if you don't wear the right uniform, you have to go back home to change. wiht some people in my year, if they want an early mark for the day, they just don't wear the right uniform to school. it then becomes a joking matter. it's hopeless. :D :uhhuh:
You think yours is weird, try having one that has an SMS system that alerts parents on their mobiles if their children are not at school

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
i just don't go to detention, easy :cool:

if i had had a detention for every time i've been late though, i would've spent more time in detention this yr than in class :p i only live 5 minutes away! the earliest i ever have to get up is 8!

astro

HSC
I feel like a nerd saying that the only detention i've ever received is for not wearing a hat in year one....

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
i very rarely get detentions and if i do i just don't go. although if youre late 3 times in 2 weeks you supposedly get an afterschool det

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)