Thoughts on Paper 1 of the CSSA Trial Exam (1 Viewer)

Poad

HSC
Re: English (Paper 1) Catholic Paper

I'm not so sure you did the Catholic Trials if, for your short story, you had a choice between 2 pictures.

And besides, theres already a thread on this. >_>

erm

HSC
for heritage home you could talk about juxtaposition, use of adjectives, first person narration, extended metaphor...

VicerExciser

HSC
I just talked about how she used 'Heritage' 64876 times in the first paragraph.

Sonata

HSC
section I heritage thing was a slut, took up an extra time.
Section III did alright i guess though i probably didnt write enuff with 4 pages
Section II LOL pretty much a major rush in 20mins

Paj20

HSC
erm said:
for heritage home you could talk about juxtaposition, use of adjectives, first person narration, extended metaphor...

Wasent it 3rd person (WE).... it switched to first near the end.

st.jimmy

HSC
I think i did really bad.
I didn't get that damn house thing.

squeenie

And goodness knows...
HSC
I didn't read the creative writing question properly, so I didn't see the journeys in time part. Thankfully, when I went back over it, my story fit. I think the short answer questions were pretty good, but I kinda bombed out on the essay...

erm

HSC
Paj20 said:
Wasent it 3rd person (WE).... it switched to first near the end.
yeah i think you're right about that

SpoonSamba

HSC
section 1 - way harder than i thought it would be, lol i was under the impression comprehension would take like 15 minutes... Texts were stupid and liek wtf journey through time? But it wasnt that hard just stupid

Section 2 - yeh i think i did ok, wrote a story and the whole time i was like OMG so cold lol

section 3 - totally read the question to be so much harder than everyone else did, im so angry right now cos my interpretation lik edidn't fit with my additional text so i had some mad prescribed text paras and then its just like ...what happened?

but whatever it was only worth 15% at my school

jonaxiang

HSC
Section 1 - Wtf with Heritage Home'. Im assuming that journey undertaken by people vary at different time periods i guess? lolz

Section 2 - Alright i guess, wrote a made up story on the spot with it only being 4 pages long.

Section 3 - Alright i guess ...also 4 pages..

Im so scared, i hope 4 pages is enough to get at least 60%+ or a respectable mark compared to my peers:(

vds700

HSC
Section 1: I think I did OK got Heritage House and the Symbols one, not too sure about the MARS thing, hopefullyu ill get around 9 or 10.

Section 2: Hadn't prepared, just did some random story, incorporating concepts of journey, hopefully ill do OK.

Section 3: Running a bit short of time, so only had time to do 2 journey concepts, rather that 3 as I had planned. Still should be OK though.

My time management was bad, spent too much time on section 1....oh well.

erm

HSC
english exams are always tight.

I wish they'd give us an extra 1/2 hour. Would make a world of difference.

C-Andrich

HSC
lol i did section 3 firrst coz i crammed all my info/quotes etc in last nitght n needed to jot them down as soon as possible

Lmao my creative writing i made up on the spot about a dude names Eugene lol

freakin section was the hardest i rekon i bullshitted and just chucked every little thing i could think of in there....and yes the heritage text was rubbish and the 4th question as well

oh well 1 down 6 more to go :S

HSC
did A B C of section 1
then did intro + body of section 3
section 2
D E of section 1
conclusion section 3

5 minutes of waiting.
woo.

d91sh

HSC
section one: that heritage shit was so crazy:burn:
section two: i did this after section three because i didn't plan this i just winged it and went off topic i think:uhoh:
section three: the question basically said tell us everything you know about the tempest so i wrote 5 pages:haha:

what is this sheet u guys r talkin about and can someone put it on the net so we can have a look. wat electives are u guys doing for modules a, b and c??

BackCountrySnow

HSC
squeenie said:
I didn't read the creative writing question properly, so I didn't see the journeys in time part.
Fuck, I didn't read that part...
My story was a journey through time anyway.

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
Sonata said:
Section III did alright i guess though i probably didnt write enuff with 4 pages

Id be happy to write four pages for all my essays especially in paper 2, im such a slow writer, and when i try to increase my speed it just become one line which is full of mistakes which in turn takes time to fix.
I thought the paper was decent i actually finished for the first time in an english exam but that probably a bad sign. Section one was annoying the first text was pretty hard but i thought the other two were resonable except that heritage which everyone seems to have a problem with was a bit iffy, i just talked about juxtapostion between perspective of a journey based on the context...which is probably wrong. My creative writing was a fail mainly cause i lack an imagination, and final section three was decent i got to talk about my 3 aspects of journey which i learnt and it turned out that the question was similar to a past one we discussed in class

Good luck with paper two

gezzill

HSC
Sonata said:
section I heritage thing was a slut, took up an extra time.
Section II LOL pretty much a major rush in 20mins
omg. i was like exactly same as you.
when i finished sect 1 i was like shit.. i wasted too much time on it.

oh well i suppose its just practise for the real thing..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)