Thoughts on Paper 1 of the CSSA Trial Exam (1 Viewer)

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
i started with the creative, made it fit the q : good.
next i went section 1 - and i liked the heritage house, hated the symbols thing but the mars magazine article was the easiest to talk about. ran over time in this.
lastly section 3 - essay, really stupid q, stuffed it up bigtime.

erm

HSC
hollyy. said:
i started with the creative, made it fit the q : good.
next i went section 1 - and i liked the heritage house, hated the symbols thing but the mars magazine article was the easiest to talk about. ran over time in this.
lastly section 3 - essay, really stupid q, stuffed it up bigtime.
i thought it was a great question. Very general so you could talk about whatever you liked since it was your understanding.

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
erm said:
i thought it was a great question. Very general so you could talk about whatever you liked since it was your understanding.
it was too vague for me.

impervious182

HSC
I've got to say, that I didn't do all that well in this. I found Sections One and Two to be quite straight forward, but I was taken aback by Section Three. It was so general, that I really didn't order my thoughts very well at all.

I spent 10 minutes planning, which amounted to nothing, and then found I didn't have enough time to talk about my prescribed and related texts in much detail at all. Ken Watson's 'Imagined Corners', as a multicultural anthology, is just an extremely difficult text to talk about in the available time - especially in any sort of detail!

After I had talked about 'The French Prisoner' and 'Fax X' I ran out of time, even though I had intended to also use 'Of Eurydice'. Then my related texts, a film and a novel, were mentioned in little detail as well! I only wrote two pages for this piece, which is pathetic. Probably the worst I have ever gone in an exam, but I guess I can only improve from here.

Also, the journey over time in my Section Two creative piece was intentionally subtle... but on reflection, I hope that it wasn't so subtle that the marker is unable to see it. :D

MrBoston

HSC
Heritage Home = Shit
Section III was a pain imo. i think i did pretty average overall so as long as i pass ill be happy.

trento654

HSC
did some of the worst work ever today

i took the advice of a teacher and tried to do section 3 first but i was trying for about 45 mins to constuct an awesome thesis statement and ended up only wrote one sentence on my class text and related text

section 1 was alright even though i skim read the whole this and used what i had managed to pick up

section 2 wrote one whole sentence clap clap clap

and the worse part is i have special provision cause my writing is pretty elegible if not read carefully so i had to use computer with extra typing time
trouble is i hate typing on the computer and my marks have been getting progressivly worse since i started using one, i can't think clearly, i spell simple word incorrectly and my eyes kill. i learn from writing not from what i type, it how i always study and usually my sentences are constuct 10 x better when i write but the only reason i've computer's due to typing a few word more on a question when i was tested to see if i need it more, not the quality of the content that i wrote

but no one listen to me bout it

anyway this trial was only worth 5% at my school so fuck it

Last edited:

lovecookie

HSC
The comprehension was the biggest pain ever! Especially Heritage House. I don't have a very good feeling about this one.

BackCountrySnow

HSC
C-Andrich said:
:eek: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!
I know.. what makes it worse is that I had the best fucking title lined up.

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
BackCountrySnow said:
I know.. what makes it worse is that I had the best fucking title lined up.
It depends what style of writing you used, if you did a journal then you need you, but its not really a requirement to a titl,e its never come up in class of in the past years marking criteria

BackCountrySnow

HSC
lovecookie said:
I don't think you have to.
yeah, but I thought of a title. And it suited the story so well.
It would of made the marker cream himself.

lovecookie

HSC
BackCountrySnow said:
yeah, but I thought of a title. And it suited the story so well.
It would of made the marker cream himself.
Haha, I don't think the title would've made a one mark difference or anything. So I think him creaming himself would just be an unsaid compliment.

hilaryslover

HSC
bahaha. I forgot to put a title to! Crap!
But seriously as if it matters... It might make it look like a prepared response. I dunno. Ugh! I hate everything.

Heritage Home was ok but those symbols seriously wtf.

missashy

HSC
HAHAHAHAHA oh what ? title, completely forgot about that one - just heard some funny shit from my mates LOL turns out his friend used WOW (world of warcraft) as related material LOL and this other guy wrote about a butterfly named ugly who travelled through time HAHAHA

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
missashy said:
HAHAHAHAHA oh what ? title, completely forgot about that one - just heard some funny shit from my mates LOL turns out his friend used WOW (world of warcraft) as related material LOL and this other guy wrote about a butterfly named ugly who travelled through time HAHAHA
HAHAHA thats a great story, over time he became more a nerd as he played WoW. A guy at my school wrote about incest.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)