Thoughts on Paper 1 of the CSSA Trial Exam (1 Viewer)

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
missashy said:
HAHAHAHAHA oh what ? title, completely forgot about that one - just heard some funny shit from my mates LOL turns out his friend used WOW (world of warcraft) as related material LOL and this other guy wrote about a butterfly named ugly who travelled through time HAHAHA
haha butterfly travelling through time. how do people come up with this stuff??

Miss Leah

HSC
I hate the trials already.

Especially heritage. Took me about 20 minutes to realise the lady was the previous tour guide. I was wondering why the hell there was some old lady in the house speaking another language (but ohhhh she wasnt).

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
Miss Leah said:

Especially heritage. Took me about 20 minutes to realise the lady was the previous tour guide. I was wondering why the hell there was some old lady in the house speaking another language (but ohhhh she wasnt).
WHAT? :confused:

BackCountrySnow

HSC
My friend wrote about people turning into aliens and travelling back in time, bringing back hitler to resume his ethnic cleansing.

....let's see how the jewish teacher marks it.

BackCountrySnow

HSC
Miss Leah said:

Yeah I'm going to join the club and ask if you would share what we all obviously missed..

Miss Leah

HSC
I thought the old lady at the end, you know the one living in the old house with the mouse poo and mildew was a previous tour guide?

Cause the narrator said "she still had the same smile" (remember the tour guides who helped ladies around the house smiled cause the boys faces would break or whatevers) and then she was speaking a language that was obsolete.

I initally thought it was a different language but then I realised it was actually just words about the house or whatever the narrator couldn't comprehend because of the change/journey.

Or was i completely wrong?
Oh crap, I'm confused lol

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
Miss Leah said:
I thought the old lady at the end, you know the one living in the old house with the mouse poo and mildew was a previous tour guide?

Cause the narrator said "she still had the same smile" (remember the tour guides who helped ladies around the house smiled cause the boys faces would break or whatevers) and then she was speaking a language that was obsolete.

I initally thought it was a different language but then I realised it was actually just words about the house or whatever the narrator couldn't comprehend because of the change/journey.

Or was i completely wrong?
Oh crap, I'm confused lol
thats how i took it.

pookins

HSC
what was the question for section 2?

i didn't read it, i just read the quotes, picked one and wrote about it... i didnt think to read the writing before hand

vds700

HSC
Miss Leah said:

WTF???

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
pookins said:

i didn't read it, i just read the quotes, picked one and wrote about it... i didnt think to read the writing before hand
oops, dont think i read it either :uhoh:

BackCountrySnow

HSC
pookins said:

yeah same :)

Zephyrio

HSC
NO, you're correct.

The language the lady wrote was "obsolete" i.e. she was using language the persona couldn't comprehend. It didn't mean she was speaking like, Arabic or something - she was still speaking English.

The Heritage House, to me, was about journeying and forgetting your past/roots. Even when the persona tried to go back to it, she couldn't understand. Same applies to those who abandoned the house when the government cut funding. So yeah... you could tell that the persona felt alienated because she couldn't comprehend the significance of the items in the Heritage House (lol a technique I used here was 'accumulation of nouns': BOXES. PAPER. WAX...). Also, the symbolism of the home was significant too.

MrBoston

HSC
pookins said:

i think it was 'write an imaginary journey using one of the quotes about a journey through time'. i hope :s

iluvGG

HSC
ugh, i really don't think i did very well in that at ALL!
section 1: hardly enough time. what was with the heritage home?! i also got so confused with the old lady at the end! i thought the whole story might have been an imagintive journey in the old lady's crazy mind! haha. so wrong.
section 2: okay, but i just wrote a pre-planned story. related to the quote but not sure about the "journeys in time" thing. how did people relate their stories to that?
section 3: extrememly BROAD!! mine was SO unstructured! and yeh ^ did the quote have ANYTHING to do with the questions? did u guys refer to the quote?

good luck for paper 2 :D

erm

HSC
Zephyrio said:
NO, you're correct.

The language the lady wrote was "obsolete" i.e. she was using language the persona couldn't comprehend. It didn't mean she was speaking like, Arabic or something - she was still speaking English.

The Heritage House, to me, was about journeying and forgetting your past/roots. Even when the persona tried to go back to it, she couldn't understand. Same applies to those who abandoned the house when the government cut funding. So yeah... you could tell that the persona felt alienated because she couldn't comprehend the significance of the items in the Heritage House (lol a technique I used here was 'accumulation of nouns': BOXES. PAPER. WAX...). Also, the symbolism of the home was significant too.
yeah i had similar thinking.

to me the house was just a metaphor for past experiences - they kept talking about filling the house.

narrator couldn't understand woman because he never stopped to consider his expeience/or because the journey has come so far, and the person has changed so much he is unrecognisable to himself.

Zephyrio

HSC
zomg said:
yeah, i thought she was the original tourguide, but the different language thing ? i didnt read it properly bc i thought it was unimportant but how could it not be a different language ?
"Obsolete" doesn't mean different language. Usually, "obsolete" language means language that's no longer in use, like "archaic" "quaking cheat", etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)