Thoughts on Paper 1 of the CSSA Trial Exam (1 Viewer)

Miss Leah

HSC
jennayy said:
are you sure we had to? The question didnt say to compare them. Or do they just expect us to know that we should? =\
It said evaluate. You had to say how it was effective and why. I think you should compare them, however you could also say they were effective for different reasons where comparison wouldnt be needed?

clairerockssock

HSC
you had to synthesise the texts, its common knowledge that you had to compare and contrast the two texts that you chose in the last question and pick one which was more effective.

jennayy

HSC
Miss Leah said:
It said evaluate. You had to say how it was effective and why. I think you should compare them, however you could also say they were effective for different reasons where comparison wouldnt be needed?

truue, but its a bit ambiguous because there is room for a comparison, yet the question didnt directly say it. Oh well! Time to study for tomorrow! Goodluck everyone :)

Last edited:

Miss Leah

HSC
clairerockssock said:
you had to synthesise the texts, its common knowledge that you had to compare and contrast the two texts that you chose in the last question and pick one which was more effective.

ahahah okay.
get angry ....

BackCountrySnow

HSC
I still waiting for someone to tell us how they forgot their trials started today.

old.skool.kid

HSC
I think i understood heritage home like the journey of time and shiz, but i had no idea for symbol's techniques (Other than the symbols but thats jus wack).

lorikeet

New Year's Eve
HSC
Section I: crapply written as per usual....I mean i basically just repeated my answer to e) about heritage hole or whatever in the second half of question f). meh.
Section II: awesome. used the same story I memorised for my half yearly, finished in 20 minutes. I was on fire.
Section III: also awesome. Basically just wrote the stuff I memorised without even having to fit it into anything specific.

except I was fully busting for an hour of the exam (why didn't I go before? why?) so I was basically writing on autopilot thinking "need to pee need to pee", trying not to look like I needed to pee.

BackCountrySnow

HSC
lorikeet said:
except I was fully busting for an hour of the exam (why didn't I go before? why?) so I was basically writing on autopilot thinking "need to pee need to pee", trying not to look like I needed to pee.
yeah, that happened to me.

Miss Leah

HSC
lorikeet said:
Section I: crapply written as per usual....I mean i basically just repeated my answer to e) about heritage hole or whatever in the second half of question f). meh.
Section II: awesome. used the same story I memorised for my half yearly, finished in 20 minutes. I was on fire.
Section III: also awesome. Basically just wrote the stuff I memorised without even having to fit it into anything specific.

EXCUSE ME LORIKEET.
PLEASE REMOVE THAT PENCIL COUNTING DOWN TIME TILL HSC.

Lol. It's okay, just makes me so totally depressed and there is your little pencil reminding me my life will soon be over. HAHAH (not really but it feels that way)

I also really needed to pee after consuming a large white hot chocolate from gloria jeans, two poppers and nearly a whole bottle of water during the exam.

I also wrote during reading time, I didn't even know (god I sound so stupid but I've never done it before) cause they said start your exams and I was panicky, and teachers walked around the room and didnt even tell me to put my pen down.

It tooks me about 5 minutes before I realised NO ONE ELSE was writing.

I then panicked the rest of the exam thinking I would get a zero for malpractice or whatever the hell it is.

benji6667

HSC
missashy said:
wait a second, you posted at 10:40, what time did ur school finish ? =\ my school started at 9am-11am, i thought if ur school was doing the catholic trial papers each school had to start at the same time so cheating doesnt occur. thats odd LOL
hey, my exam started at 8:45 (cause everyone rocked up on time and we were all ready)... we finished at 10:45, i legged it home and posted the thread.

For my deep analysis for the exam, i think it was alot easier then what i expected. Although text 3 was a bit dodgey, u have to expect that.

Which TWO texts did you evaluate for Q1 f)... i did the Symbols one and Heritage house.. i had no idea what text 2 was about to be honest

xJennax

HSC
I thought section 1 was easy, that only took me about 20 mins then I spent longer on the creative writing and journeys essay.

I want a sheet to tell us what's in it tomorrow ;o

cmcintyre

HSC
I didnt think it was that bad. i was totally dreading it but once i got in there i was fine. i think my results will tell another story, but anyway. 2 exams down, 5 to go. YAY!!! Business Studies will be hard. OMG i have to study.

romolomo

HSC
the-new-world said:
is actually more of a guide line and i know some schools that are doing it later so they'll probably be getting a link to this alittle later tonight hahaha

for those that are doing the catholic trial they had to do it today... so it doesnt matter who reads this. if they arent doing the same paper as us then they can do the exams wenever they want

Miss Leah

HSC
benji6667 said:
keep in mind only catholic schools start today

You mean those doing the catholic paper start today.
I go to a public school and we did the catholic paper today

Roga

HSC
benji6667 said:
Actually, I don't go to a catholic school but we did the catholic paper.

xJennax

HSC
Miss Leah said:
You mean those doing the catholic paper start today.
I go to a public school and we did the catholic paper today
Same, our school just bought the papers.

gezzill

HSC
benji6667 said:
nar some of my friends from public schools did the same paper we did today. and im from a catholic school

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)