Thoughts on Paper 1 of the CSSA Trial Exam (1 Viewer)

iluvGG

HSC
Zephyrio said:
NO, you're correct.

The language the lady wrote was "obsolete" i.e. she was using language the persona couldn't comprehend. It didn't mean she was speaking like, Arabic or something - she was still speaking English.

The Heritage House, to me, was about journeying and forgetting your past/roots. Even when the persona tried to go back to it, she couldn't understand. Same applies to those who abandoned the house when the government cut funding. So yeah... you could tell that the persona felt alienated because she couldn't comprehend the significance of the items in the Heritage House (lol a technique I used here was 'accumulation of nouns': BOXES. PAPER. WAX...). Also, the symbolism of the home was significant too.
wow! how perceptive! im impressed. lol, unfortunately, my mind doesn't work like that. i think i screwed it up big time! oh well. . .

Miss Leah

HSC
yay. i did get something right (although i did not mention accumulation of nouns as i never knew such terms existed).

Zerphyrio where the hell do you go to school? They sure don't teach us words like that in the Bankstown area. Lol.

lovecookie

HSC
Is it okay for us to be discussing this because what if there are people who haven't done it yet?

BackCountrySnow

HSC
iluvGG said:
related to the quote but not sure about the "journeys in time" thing. how did people relate their stories to that?
Well my whole story was a flashback. He describes his current situation and tells the reader how he got there.

Zephyrio

HSC
Miss Leah said:
yay. i did get something right (although i did not mention accumulation of nouns as i never knew such terms existed).

Zerphyrio where the hell do you go to school? They sure don't teach us words like that in the Bankstown area. Lol.
LOL, I just googled "quaking cheat".

Nah, but seriously, section one is just one of those things where if you make sense, load it up with techniques or whatever, then yay all is swell. (At least, I hope.)

trento654

HSC
lovecookie said:
Is it okay for us to be discussing this because what if there are people who haven't done it yet?
sigh wish i was one of thoughs people

sigh

the-new-world

HSC
sooo.. yeah i'm just gonna go kill myself now...

haha naa wasn't that bad
the heritage thing.. i know everyone else freaked out about it but i kinda had more trouble pulling something decent out of the first two.. i understood the journey but there wasn't alot to it.. annoyed me

the section 3 essay topic was good and bad.. it wasn't too specific so i could actually write something with the minimal study i did but it was too broad to talk about anything in heaps of detail.. what did everyone else do?
i ended up talking about audience, their journey and how their understanding is shaped/changed by the journey ala the quote at the top. sometihng about journey not being mine but gained an understanding of how to make one or some crap..

section two was soooo perfect :D journey in time and the last quote only changed 3 lines in my prepared piece

looking forward to tomorrow? hahah i'm screwed for yeats

BackCountrySnow

HSC
lovecookie said:
I'm pretty sure it's a rule that schools had to do it today.

erm

HSC
in the last q of section 1 are you required to compare and contrast two of the texts?

Zephyrio

HSC
BackCountrySnow said:
Well my whole story was a flashback. He describes his current situation and tells the reader how he got there.
That's excellent.

=)

My story: I wrote about a boy who wanted to go to Eastern Europe for a holiday post-HSC. He decides to drag his friend, but the friend was actually part of the Srebrenica Massacre in 1995. So I kept using flashbacks of the friend's experiences as his father was shot, and then I tied this into the persona's trip with his friend to Bosnia. It sounds much more impressive than it really is; I only had 30 minutes to write it. Shrug. LOL. But I guess it relates to the journey through time theme and forming links between the past and present. Shrug. SCREW YOU JOURNEYS.

iluvGG

HSC
BackCountrySnow said:
that sounds good! i have no idea if my story relates to "time". but don't all journeys kind of relate to time. you can't really have a journey where time stands still. i wonder how explicitly you had to relate to it.

Zephyrio

HSC
erm said:
in the last q of section 1 are you required to compare and contrast two of the texts?
I don't think so.

The question just asked us to evaluate two texts...

Miss Leah

HSC
Zephyrio said:
LOL, I just googled "quaking cheat".

Nah, but seriously, section one is just one of those things where if you make sense, load it up with techniques or whatever, then yay all is swell. (At least, I hope.)
Ahhhh google. All your secrets are revealed.

I didnt mind section one (with the exception of Heritage house).

Zephyrio I couldn't help but notice you do 4Ueng. Have you finished your major work?

Zephyrio

HSC
Miss Leah said:
Ahhhh google. All your secrets are revealed.

I didnt mind section one (with the exception of Heritage house).

Zephyrio I couldn't help but notice you do 4Ueng. Have you finished your major work?
I've "finished" my story, but haven't started my reflection statement. :read::read::burn:

iluvGG

HSC
zomg said:
ohhhhhhhh shyte me neither
i just regurgitated what i wrote for the heritage house & something on symbols, i forgot to actually compare them..

>.<
haha. same. i pretty much repeated my answers to part 2 and 3. whoops. i couldn't think of anything else to write.

jennayy

HSC
zomg said:
ohhhhhhhh shyte me neither
i just regurgitated what i wrote for the heritage house & something on symbols, i forgot to actually compare them..

>.<
are you sure we had to? The question didnt say to compare them. Or do they just expect us to know that we should? =\

the-new-world

HSC
BackCountrySnow said:
I'm pretty sure it's a rule that schools had to do it today.
is actually more of a guide line and i know some schools that are doing it later so they'll probably be getting a link to this alittle later tonight hahaha

but in the end who really cares it's the trial, if your really that competative and don't want a few people to get 3-4 marks more than you then your extremely shallow and need to get a life

Zephyrio

HSC
jennayy said:
are you sure we had to? The question didnt say to compre them. Or do they just expect is to know that we should? =\
I don't think you had to.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)