Thoughts on Paper 1 of the CSSA Trial Exam (1 Viewer)

Poad

HSC
Text 3 for Section 1 was pretty dodgy.

Section 2 was alright, my story was a bit abstract in reference to the question though, so hopefully everything goes well with it.

And I was slightly taken aback by the.. broadness of the essay question.

Azurie

HSC
Timing was a bit bad, I had a really random story think I did okay though.

davidau251

HSC
hmmm for section one i was abit taken back by the third text, heritage home.. kinda couldn't clearly outline the journeys properly.. the creative writing suited my pre prepared realii nicely and .. due to the first section didn't have enough time for my last part.. only 3 pages =/.. reckon i screwed up the last part the most.. had so much to write.. so little timeee >_<

missashy

HSC
haha i found the exam alright, however timing was really bad i didnt get to finish my question 3 essay and well that question was abit wdf ?
heritage home was a betch to read but other than that most likely will get around 30/45
dont stress if u didnt get a sheet for tomorrows exam, the students that did its prob just a guideline the school uses (like how different schools have different ways of referencing a source).
if you think todays exam was hard and timing bad just wait till tomorrows one lol 3 essays in 2hrs ? oh my lord

missashy

HSC
wait a second, you posted at 10:40, what time did ur school finish ? =\ my school started at 9am-11am, i thought if ur school was doing the catholic trial papers each school had to start at the same time so cheating doesnt occur. thats odd LOL

bling05

HSC
missashy said:
wait a second, you posted at 10:40, what time did ur school finish ? =\ my school started at 9am-11am, i thought if ur school was doing the catholic trial papers each school had to start at the same time so cheating doesnt occur. thats odd LOL
We started at 8.40 - 20 minutes makes no difference, the contents of the paper can't get out anyway during a 20 minute period when ur sitting the exam

janna08

HSC
argh that exam was so stupid... personally i think journeys in time goes better with history and memory; i bullshitted my way through Q1 and 2 and Q3 was ok. It's so annoying that they pick themes to focus on....

And wtf was with the first text? I can understand the other 2 but the first was just weird.

Poad

HSC
missashy said:
I'm faily certain the time stamps on these forums are broken.

Zephyrio

HSC
Section one: LOL. What on earth? Heritage home?

Section two: Story I wrote yesterday fit in really well with the "journeys through time" theme.

Section three: Open question. Yippee.

joshua.green

HSC
English (Paper 1) Catholic Paper

how did people find it?

well my not catholic but for some reason we are doing the Catholic exams...

ummm Section 1 was extremely random.

Section 2 i was happy with the idea of picking one of the two pictures.

Section 3 lovely.

overall i liked it

raven2000

HSC
that fucken heritage home screwed me up bad...
On another note, i got to write both creative writing and journeys essays with minimal changes WOOT :)))

JosephW

HSC
Section 1 was good (except the heritage crap)
Section 2 was perfect - fit with my story
Section 3 was weird - Inner journey only needed 1 related text :burn:

VicerExciser

HSC
zomg said:
Section two: my story was a paragraph long. & didnt incorporate quote. >.<
Same, cept mine was 8 pages long and had flying robot ninjas.

VicerExciser

HSC
lawlz.

Anyone know what this paper was worth? I really think i dropped the ball with this one, i'm hoping to redeem myself with tomorrow's paper.

erm

HSC
I had to read Heritage Home a few times and then it clicked. Makes perfect sense (but i admit it was a little abstract).

erm

HSC
VicerExciser said:
lawlz.

Anyone know what this paper was worth? I really think i dropped the ball with this one, i'm hoping to redeem myself with tomorrow's paper.
depends on your school

Poad

HSC
VicerExciser said:
lawlz.

I don't really know how one could expect to go better in Paper 2. 3 essays in 2 hours? No thanks.

leoman

HSC
i thought section 1 was pretty dodgy... journeys in time weren't all that refined, they existed but especially in heritage homes there weren't many techniques to use... and presumably it's these techinques that get you the marks.
section 2 worked alright.
i didn't finish my section 3 essay but was damn close to doing so.
i reckon i'm probably looking at a 35-37 or so out of 45...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)