Thoughts on Pro-ana/Pro-mia? (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
Okay, so recently I've been seeing a lot of girls and guys who are pro-ana and/or pro-mia.
Pro-ana = Pro anorexia.
Pro-mia = Pro bulimia.

I've had bulimia nervosa in the past. So I'm not too sure about my thoughts when it comes to being pro-mia.
I've also seen anorexia nervosa affect a few of my friends and other people before.
I'm not saying it's good. It isn't; these are horrible things to experience and endure.

I've been thinking about this a lot lately, and yeah...

Thoughts?

PaterzAttack

fake based bitch
HSC
ehh, both are terrible mental diseases that subsequently take effect on the body
all these 'thinspiration' blogs i see are pretty sick :S

Ivorytw

Middle Management
HSC
N/A
I think it's a really great cause and everyone should get involved.

HSC
N/A
ehh, both are terrible mental diseases that subsequently take effect on the body
all these 'thinspiration' blogs i see are pretty sick :S
Pretty much what I've been seeing everywhere.
They have weight time lines, and goals and everything on their profile.
Saying they're pro-ana and/or pro-mia.

Some thin blogs are okay; they promote healthy methods... But yeah. :/

boris

Banned
HSC
healthy methods to not eat until you are skinny

healthy methods to vomit all your food up

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Is it so fucking hard to just eat properly and exercise...

SpanishMoss

HSC
Okay, so recently I've been seeing a lot of girls and guys who are pro-ana and/or pro-mia.
Pro-ana = Pro anorexia.
Pro-mia = Pro bulimia.

I've had bulimia nervosa in the past. So I'm not too sure about my thoughts when it comes to being pro-mia.
I've also seen anorexia nervosa affect a few of my friends and other people before.
I'm not saying it's good. It isn't; these are horrible things to experience and endure.

I've been thinking about this a lot lately, and yeah...

Thoughts?
Ooh you're so special you had an eating disorder! What's your tumblr link babe!

Fuck yourself

zombies

HSC
I saw some pro-ana websites once.. I thought it was absolutely disgusting that people were promoting starving and slowly killing yourself in the process... Like if you want to starve yourself, that's fine, it's your choice, your life. But when you start advocating it to other people that's just wrong :/

zombies

HSC
because it's not healthy.. people shouldn't be living like that.

boris

Banned
HSC
but they can if they want

what is wrong with advocating it

its still up to you to do it or not

kfnmpah

HSC
Ooh you're so special you had an eating disorder! What's your tumblr link babe!

Fuck yourself
shit troll.

Is it so fucking hard to just eat properly and exercise...
derp. You obviously know nothing about eating disorders. It's not just like 'ooh i'm fat i'ma stop eating' it's a coping mechanism. Often times the person doesn't even realise they're doing it until someone else tells them. It's a gradual thing that takes over your mind. The weight isn't actually the issue, it's a symptom of deeper emotional problems.

Anyway, I think it's a bit fucked that people are promoting eating disorders. But, having been there done that, at the time it seems like a good thing.
The people who run them will eventually realise they can't keep living like that and snap out of it or die.

boris

Banned
HSC
eating disorders rarely manifest from an actual perception of being fat etc
lol or else teasing fat people would make them ano (doesnt happen)

kfnmpah

HSC
eating disorders rarely manifest from an actual perception of being fat etc
lol or else teasing fat people would make them ano (doesnt happen)
^exactly what i was saying. "the weight isn't the issue... deeper emotional problems"

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
shit troll.

derp. You obviously know nothing about eating disorders. It's not just like 'ooh i'm fat i'ma stop eating' it's a coping mechanism. Often times the person doesn't even realise they're doing it until someone else tells them. It's a gradual thing that takes over your mind. The weight isn't actually the issue, it's a symptom of deeper emotional problems.

Anyway, I think it's a bit fucked that people are promoting eating disorders. But, having been there done that, at the time it seems like a good thing.
The people who run them will eventually realise they can't keep living like that and snap out of it or die.
lol, are you kidding me. Of course there are people out there with seriously fucked up emotional issues behind it all, hell i'm related to one. But you can't seriously believe that every high school teenage something out there who decides to vom up their meals is doing it as a coping mechanism as a result of deeper emotional issues. I don't know about you or others but when i was in high school tons of people gave it a go, for them it was about losing weight, that's it, in fact I still know people who do this. For some people it's a symptom of shit they really need to sort out with a psych, for others it's the equivalent to the trendiest new diet.

meaganxo

HSC
I think Pro Anorexia and Pro Bulimia are completely awful. To promote an illness is horrendous. A lot of the so called "wanarexics" insult a lot of people. Honestly, I don't get why people want an Eating Disorder, its like saying "I want Schizophrenia," or "I want cancer". Its funedmentally sick

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)