Thoughts on the Half Yearly Exams (1 Viewer)

kyokaku92

HSC
i am beginning to feel a little bit like a lab rat o___o
Experiment: Find out what is inside the mind of a JR student

Aim: To find out the average daily life of a JR student and why everyone on BOS envys them

Equipment: James Ruse student

Method: 1) Ask them questions about their daily life/routine, school life, where they go on weekends, what they eat, sleep, do......
2) JR student gives answers
3) Repeat as many times as you want if you think they are BS.

Is it reliable? Yep
Is it valid? Who knows, they either study 24/7 or secretly playing DOTA all night

Results: .................................................

Conclusion: There is no definite result, apart from the fact that JR kids are just smarter/hardworking than the rest of the state.

nonsenseTM

HSC

Aim: To find out the average daily life of a JR student and why everyone on BOS envys them

Method: 1) Ask them questions about their daily life/routine, school life, where they go on weekends, what they eat, sleep, do......

Is it reliable? Yep
Is it valid? Who knows, they either study 24/7 or secretly playing DOTA all night

Conclusion: There is no definite result, apart from the fact that JR kids are just smarter/hardworking than the rest of the state.
Aim-To prove we are bored of life

Proof-behold:D

determine

Premium Member
HSC

Is it reliable? Yep

And also that they occupy amongst the most spots in coaching colleges/private tutoring markets. This is not just an opinion, it is a fact. The JR principal themself has come out and said that over 90% of students are tutored/go coaching for at least one subject. This is a definite advantage, and it does reflect in the results.

nonsenseTM

HSC
they have like the best teachers and they still go to tutoring, fxxxing asians

nutcracker

the restaurant at the end of the universe.
HSC
i'd hardly say we have the best teachers, in fact some of our teachers have no idea how to teach. there are definitely private and public schools that have better teachers than we do. and i hardly think students from our school do any more tutoring than you'd expect students from other schools to do so why single us out? plus i know plenty of people who don't do any tutoring at all.
funny how this turned from a curious-about-ruse thread to a ruse bashing thread =="

kyokaku92

HSC
And also that they occupy amongst the most spots in coaching colleges/private tutoring markets. This is not just an opinion, it is a fact. The JR principal themself has come out and said that over 90% of students are tutored/go coaching for at least one subject. This is a definite advantage, and it does reflect in the results.
Do you go to JR?

Last edited:

kyokaku92

HSC
i'd hardly say we have the best teachers, in fact some of our teachers have no idea how to teach. there are definitely private and public schools that have better teachers than we do. and i hardly think students from our school do any more tutoring than you'd expect students from other schools to do so why single us out? plus i know plenty of people who don't do any tutoring at all.
funny how this turned from a curious-about-ruse thread to a ruse bashing thread =="
That was quick and I didn't bag you guys out.. :pirate:

nutcracker

HSC
That was quick and I didn't bag you guys out.. :pirate:
yes and thank you for that ^^; i meant the others.
and thanks lolsmith & irvine too ^^

it's just kind of hurtful when people start bagging you out just based on the school you go to, you know? when you haven't done anything to them at all. this is going to sound absolutely pathetic, but for a while, i refused to tell people what school i went to because when i did they would either run away/be nasty >_<;". heh :)

irvine

USYD 2011 :D
HSC
yes and thank you for that ^^; i meant the others.
and thanks lolsmith & irvine too ^^

it's just kind of hurtful when people start bagging you out just based on the school you go to, you know? when you haven't done anything to them at all. this is going to sound absolutely pathetic, but for a while, i refused to tell people what school i went to because when i did they would either run away/be nasty >_<;". heh :)
It's probably intimidation. My guess is people are still bitter from year 6 rejections and are trying to justify themselves, rather than building a bridge. After all, entry is the outcome of a year 6 test, not genetic makeup or anything.

I'll get off my high horse now... :)

nutcracker

HSC
(lol, i see no high horse ^^).

it probably is intimidation, although it's rather amusing to think of anyone being intimidated by me.
i'm not very... big x] and i don't exactly exude an aura of authority x] or even confidence for that matter o_O

the truth is, a lot of high achievers at my school are very insecure about themselves and their work. not all of course, but i do know of quite a few. when i get a good mark in something, i'm always suprised and i always think "oh god, how am i going to keep this up?". which isn't the best attitude, i know, but well. we're not all cocksure, confident individuals. we're just normal people who perhaps have a slightly better work ethic than others. we're not intimidating. in fact, i'm more intimidated by non-ruse people >_<;".

oh well. none of this will matter in uni :)

aaaand, now i'm starting to feel self conscious. someone bring this thread back on topic ^^"

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
"My half yearlies were shit.

Fuck you JR people. I hate your brain power."

Ontopicnao?

EDIT: My half yearlies were good. I'm expecting my best marks in either English (adv) or.... I dunno. Probably Ancient/Eco imo.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Forget about your exams and enjoy your holidays while you can :)

Some light reading might be a good idea though.

beardedwoman

HSC
I have 4 exams in 3 days, then i have a 4 day break, followed by 2 exams in 2 days... WTF!!!

why not just make it that between each exam its a 1 day break, i feel so sleep deprived :cry:
lol, PLEASE. I had 5 exams in 3 days. One day break and then another exam on a Friday. I then had a weekend break and then another exam on monday.. morning. :\

Just take a break for about 1-2 hours (sleep if u need to) and then hit the cold water on your face, have some coffe and start again.
I know it's kinda late to be putting inputs / study habits etc for the half yearlies, but this is basically what I did minus coffee. After exams were over for a day, I'd relax and take a nap for about two hours. It really helps maintain your focus afterwards, but just be sure to set the alarm or get someone to wake you up! ;]

I just want to add before I go to bed that the weighting for MX1 and MX2 were evil! Both worth 40% each.

Last edited:

nikkifc

HSC
The main problem with Ruse students is that they are socially inept... They literally know nothing about parties and things about having fun...

kyokaku92

HSC
The main problem with Ruse students is that they are socially inept... They literally know nothing about parties and things about having fun...
That's just generalisation, I'm sure people like nutcracker ain't socially inept. The ones who have sheltered/stereotypical "asian" parents probably fit the trait

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)