Thoughts on the Half Yearly Exams (1 Viewer)

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
Well, if she's good enough for James Ruse, she's probably a bit above standard than that of a school more than 500 places behind it.

It's good to know that they don't force you to do such things, then. Cleared up some misconceptions I would have had about the intellectual elite, I suppose.

Good luck with your future exams. Don't stress too much. :D

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
Mm, bad for me is.. think about 19marks less than what b00m guessed =\
Last exams I got about 45/63, and my mother said I couldn't've done much worse.. hence not being exactly ecstatic about telling her this time ==

aand, she taught me in yr9! she's pretty cute. uh, that didn't sound quite right.

did you just call your mother cute?

:jaw:

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
lol. you do realise the reason they force people who can't handle certain subjects to drop them is so that they can maintain a high average in those subjects, right? yeahhh. T_T'
I guess that's better than forcing them to do subjects that are considered more challenging just so their school looks smarter. i.e: "if you can't do 4U maths, GTFO."

Either way, how do you find Ruse? Do you think you'd prefer a less 'high pressure' school?

nutcracker

the restaurant at the end of the universe.
HSC
I guess that's better than forcing them to do subjects that are considered more challenging just so their school looks smarter. i.e: "if you can't do 4U maths, GTFO."

Either way, how do you find Ruse? Do you think you'd prefer a less 'high pressure' school?
true true.

naaah. no matter how much i complain, i don't think i would like being anywhere else as much as i like ruse :)
sometimes the pressure and the competitiveness piss me off, but then i know that there is a lot of work i probably wouldn't be bothered doing if it weren't for all the pressure. actually, it's mainly just the maths department that pisses me off. i'm okay with everything else :)
i love ruse :)

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
I don't know how I'd feel about it. I've been around a pretty dull (in comparison to Ruse) area for most of my life and people at my school consider me to be "smart". I've only ever really had about 1 or 2 people be better than me at school, even then it's only been because I didn't really care. (not bragging, my school(s) isn't that bright) At Ruse I'd probably be considered in the bottom 10%.

Personally, I'd prefer to lead mediocrity and get DUX, etc. at my school than be crappy at the elite level and have little to show for it.

ar7

HSC
the average atar at ruse is over 95, so even the "non-elite" students are achieving and have something to show for it at the end of the day.

unless you would rather be dux with a 92.....

with-chu

HSC
the average atar at ruse is over 95, so even the "non-elite" students are achieving and have something to show for it at the end of the day.

I heard the typical median is like 99+ or is that a total misconception? There must be some pretty big bomb-outs if that was true.... Median 99+ being dragged to ave 95.

kyokaku92

HSC
Well, when 66% and 20/50 respectively gets you ranked 1st, you'd think that your whole class needs work.

Do you go to Ruse nutcracker? what are their Maths papers like?
Sorry about the rant there, thought you were complaining about getting 90% or something.... I got around 77% in my 2U exam and I'm ranked somewhere in the 30s out of 88 people

HSC
LOL wiki James Ruse and it says the median ATAR is 99.2 or 99.6 >_>. shit bricks but the its wikipedia...

ar7

HSC

yes i believe 99.2 is over 95 last time i checked...

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
Hell yeah I'd rather be DUX with 92. Shows I put more effort in than the rest of my grade. I personally think it's better than being a part of a homogenous 99.

All of James Ruse students are "elite". As you posted, their average ATAR proves it.

nonsenseTM

HSC
Hell yeah I'd rather be DUX with 92. Shows I put more effort in than the rest of my grade. I personally think it's better than being a part of a homogenous 99.

All of James Ruse students are "elite". As you posted, their average ATAR proves it.
but atar means your rank in all the hsc candidates in state i.e. higher atar=higher rank=more courses available etc.

also median is not the average, it's like the number in the middle

nonsenseTM

HSC
and I believe there are still below 90 at j.r. and high 99s at comprehensives , so it also depends on yourself a lot

x jiim

zimbardooo.
HSC
Uni Grad

did you just call your mother cute?

:jaw:
the teacher

but dw..i initially thought that as well

"uh, that didn't sound quite right." didnt really help either :)
oops :eek:
mm, we get a couple of people <90 through the years, but the lowest I've heard from our grade is still >93.. and he ranked last in all his subjects. I think the average from the last few years has been 99.2-99.5-ish? but 08 was a freakishly smart grade, so =\

blackratpoo

HSC
how many bio, phys, chem classes does ruse have? are sciences compulsory?

NewiJapper

HSC
I would actually like to know about a James Ruse student's life aswell as what the school is like aswell. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)