Thoughts on the Half Yearly Exams (1 Viewer)

ar7

HSC
fun:D

except im already having withdrawal symptoms from not studying or going to school... cant w8 for school to resume:eek:

although i still want to enjoy my holidays

yups

HSC
fun:D

except im already having withdrawal symptoms from not studying or going to school... cant w8 for school to resume:eek:

although i still want to enjoy my holidays
wow, that's dedication:haha:

ar7

HSC
i pissed around prelim year and for hsc year i decided to give it a go obviously and i just cant seem to break the study habit... its weird because im now re-writing notes for exams i just had before the holidays

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I got my Adv. English and Physics results back.

1st in Physics and teacher said it was at last year's decent Band 6 level, so I'm pleased with that... but still need to work on it.

English was disappointing... wasn't first and will wait to see what happens with ranks (since we never got them).

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
I got my Maths results back for 2 and 3 unit. They were absolutely terrible. I'm ranked first in both too. My Maths needs some serious work.

bec_peace

HSC
Had my Modern History today. I don't know how I went. Will have to wait and see. One more exam to go. Who else wants to get their results but at the same time is really worried and rather wouldn't?
Yes x 100000000! I only want to know if I went well :p Except maths, not expecting any miracles there haha :shoot:Go die maths :)

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
will have to wait patiently throughout the holidays for my results.. won't bother waiting though as i know that English will take forever to mark.. so that delays everything else

x jiim

zimbardooo.
HSC
Uni Grad
Got MX2 back thursday. Won't be telling parents for a while.. D:

ar7

HSC
^^congrats mate:)

good luck with it and keep it up

state ranking in mind?;)

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
You're first and you're still pissed off!! GTFO
Well, when 66% and 20/50 respectively gets you ranked 1st, you'd think that your whole class needs work.

Do you go to Ruse nutcracker? what are their Maths papers like?

nutcracker

the restaurant at the end of the universe.
HSC
yups, i do go to ruse.
but i suck at maths (i really really am bad, no joke) so all maths papers are hard for me >_<;". but, if it makes any sense, usually after getting back a maths paper, there are FAR more people in tears, than those smiling.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
Uh... "really really bad" at the standard of one of the best schools in the country, probably isn't too bad. Be confident, you're lucky to have the resources you do. >.<

By the way, do you know an English teacher named Ms. Webb at your school? (feel free to ignore)

x jiim

zimbardooo.
HSC
Uni Grad
Uh... "really really bad" at the standard of one of the best schools in the country, probably isn't too bad. Be confident, you're lucky to have the resources you do. >.<

By the way, do you know an English teacher named Ms. Webb at your school? (feel free to ignore)
Mm, bad for me is.. think about 19marks less than what b00m guessed =\
Last exams I got about 45/63, and my mother said I couldn't've done much worse.. hence not being exactly ecstatic about telling her this time ==

aand, she taught me in yr9! she's pretty cute. uh, that didn't sound quite right.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
Yeah, she was at my school previously. She was my year advisor, actually. So... I feel like absolute crap knowing we had that standard of teacher leave our school. We've seemed to get lucky like that. Our Maths HT used to teach at Baulkham Hills.

30/50 ain't so bad. That would've been really good for me in my half yearly. Ruse probably test you above and beyond what the HSC would anyway; I'm sure you would know this already, though. Are you forced to do 3U at Ruse? I'd be slightly surprised if you weren't.

nutcracker

the restaurant at the end of the universe.
HSC
Are you forced to do 3U at Ruse? I'd be slightly surprised if you weren't.
nup, in fact they force you not to do it if they think you can't handle it.
i did 3u up until this year but i realised there was no way in hell it would count for me, so i dropped it.

and lol. no amount of resources is going to make me good at maths >_<.
it's the only subject that actually makes me physically ill just thinking about test results.

Last edited:

duckcowhybrid

HSC
Yeah, she was at my school previously. She was my year advisor, actually. So... I feel like absolute crap knowing we had that standard of teacher leave our school. We've seemed to get lucky like that. Our Maths HT used to teach at Baulkham Hills.

30/50 ain't so bad. That would've been really good for me in my half yearly. Ruse probably test you above and beyond what the HSC would anyway; I'm sure you would know this already, though. Are you forced to do 3U at Ruse? I'd be slightly surprised if you weren't.
Lol that standard of teacher. She's good but can be a bit PMSy. The test was out of 60 though, so I think x jiim got 36? Anyways, Ruse do not teach above and beyond the syllabus, their tests just stretches the limit of what is in the syllabus and often forces you to draw on 2-3 topics together to solve a question. And on the contrary 3U maths not compulsory at all. In fact they pretty much encourage people bad at maths not to do it. They encouraged me heavily during Year 10 to do 2U (being in the bottom class). I do 4U now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)