Tony Abbott - Do you want him as PM? (1 Viewer)

You think the 2010-11 Federal Election should go to the:

• Labor Party under Kevin Rudd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Liberal Party under Tony Abbott

• Other

• Total voters

Lauchlan

HSC
shut up you are as bad as slugboy
ummm no im more on his side than yours. your 'lets do nothing and criticise everything' government approach is very difficult to agree with. although it is nice of you to care enough to comment on this lol.

Rothbard

HSC
N/A
Rudd has already lost the election.

Can't wait for Australia to return to sane government.

Lauchlan

HSC
basically the stimulus package has given you the appearance of an economic recovery. all it has done is re inflate the 'bubble' that burst in the first place. it has prevented the proper reallocation of capital and labour. and it won't be to long before before the bubble bursts again as it did in Greece where the EU had to do another stimulus package which was like 1 trillion dollars.

the economy will fall again twice as hard this time (sometime later this year or early next) and whoever is in government has the choice. do another stimulus package which will lead to more debt, higher inflation and a longer recession because the bubble will just burst again and again.

or leave the economy be and let it sort out where it needs to reallocate, so the cycle can start again.
so your alternate solution would be to let the economy sort out itself? translation= do absolutely nothing and hope for the best.

you liberals need to understand that the world doesn't fix itself.

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
you havent won office yet so dont assume that bias polls like that mean anything. tony has a long way to go until election day.
are u dumb?

its a betting website, the odds are against the coalition not in favor....

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
so your alternate solution would be to let the economy sort out itself? translation= do absolutely nothing and hope for the best.

government always makes things worse

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
so your alternate solution would be to let the ecomony sort out itself? translation= do absolutely nothing and hope for the best.

government policies that intervene in the economy don't help it out of recessions

so yes leave it to reallocate by itself

u know the reason we have capitalism is because its famous for efficiently allocating resources to where there is demand. if u think one of the fundamental principles of capitalism doesn't work than go live in a country where the government is responsible the distribution of resources. eg poverty stricken North Korea

Lauchlan

HSC
government policies that intervene in the economy don't help it out of recessions

so yes leave it to reallocate by itself

u know the reason we have capitalism is because its famous for efficiently allocating resources to where there is demand. if u think one of the fundamental principles of capitalism doesn't work than go live in a country where the government is responsible the distribution of resources. eg poverty stricken North Korea
you have a way of jumping to giant conclusions.

according to your response, my comment implied that i was for communism.

quite frankly you should get over your fear of communism, or else go back to vietnam.

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
you have a way of jumping to giant conclusions.

according to your response, my comment implied that i was for communism.

quite frankly you should get over your fear of communism, or else go back to vietnam.
when did i say communism?

my comment still stands

the market is the most efficient way of allocating resources so far discovered. stimulating the economy doesn't work in the long run all u get left is a dollar that is worth less then before because of inflation, a huge pile of debt and a still receding economy

Lauchlan

HSC
when did i say communism?

my comment still stands

the market is the most efficient way of allocating resources so far discovered. stimulating the economy doesn't work in the long run all u get left is a dollar that is worth less then before because of inflation, a huge pile of debt and a still receding economy
you accused me of not appreciating capitalism, then made refrence to North Korea.

i can add two and two.

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
you accused me of not appreciating capitalism, then made refrence to North Korea.

i can add two and two.
yea but North Korea isn't communist

also you avoiding the question

why do u support mass government interference in the economy when it has been clearly pointed out to u that it doesn't work and makes it worse?

Lauchlan

HSC
yea but North Korea isn't communist

also you avoiding the question

why do u support mass government interference in the economy when it has been clearly pointed out to u that it doesn't work and makes it worse?
rephrase your question with examples and comparisons.

Lentern

HSC
you havent won office yet so dont assume that bias polls like that mean anything. tony has a long way to go until election day.
Bias polls? Don't be stupid these are the same agencies that gave Brendan Nelson a 13 percent approval rating was it? At any rate while there are small differences in the way they poll, for example newspoll asks which of the top four parties or other would you vote for, Nielsen lists 12 parties and other while Morgan just asks which party these guys get grilled something horrible everytime there is a slight anomaly in their polling. Believe you me people like Scott Steele, William Bowe, Antony Green and Peter Brent live and breath polling, if a major institution does something slightly sneaky they will be savaged, they will have their newspaper contracts cancelled in a heartbeat. Short of a communist conspiracy there is no weaker argument you could make then to attack the integrity of Newspoll, Nielsen, Morgan, Essential or Galaxy.

Lauchlan

HSC
Bias polls? Don't be stupid these are the same agencies that gave Brendan Nelson a 13 percent approval rating was it? At any rate while there are small differences in the way they poll, for example newspoll asks which of the top four parties or other would you vote for, Nielsen lists 12 parties and other while Morgan just asks which party these guys get grilled something horrible everytime there is a slight anomaly in their polling. Believe you me people like Scott Steele, William Bowe, Antony Green and Peter Brent live and breath polling, if a major institution does something slightly sneaky they will be savaged, they will have their newspaper contracts cancelled in a heartbeat. Short of a communist conspiracy there is no weaker argument you could make then to attack the integrity of Newspoll, Nielsen, Morgan, Essential or Galaxy.
this was cleared up earlier, ie. my tl;dr attitude in interpreting the source backfired

Lauchlan

HSC
HAHAHAHA!

If you knew anything about economics you'd understand how stupid that sentence is.
economics is not an exact science nor is it a natural process.
we influence it all the time and to say 'ill do nothing' is stupid.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)