Tony Abbott - Do you want him as PM? (1 Viewer)

You think the 2010-11 Federal Election should go to the:

• Labor Party under Kevin Rudd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Liberal Party under Tony Abbott

• Other

• Total voters

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
its all over the news this morning...thing is, Krudd has made worse mistakes and been praised for them (apologizing to the aboriginals, signing kyoto etc)...the abos's are demading compensation now..the reason howard never apologized, kyoto is a badly worded treaty that charges the producer, not the user meaning we can no longer compete against countries that haven't ratified kyoto ina global market when selling coal etc
ffs

badquinton304

HSC
its all over the news this morning...thing is, Krudd has made worse mistakes and been praised for them (apologizing to the aboriginals, signing kyoto etc)...the abos's are demading compensation now..the reason howard never apologized, kyoto is a badly worded treaty that charges the producer, not the user meaning we can no longer compete against countries that haven't ratified kyoto ina global market when selling coal etc

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
kyoto is a badly worded treaty that charges the producer, not the user meaning we can no longer compete against countries that haven't ratified kyoto ina global market when selling coal etc
The ratification of the Kyoto protocol is a commitment to an emissions 'reduction' target that allows flexible mechanisms to achieve these targets.

It doesn't necessitate charges on the producer at all, and has had negligible effect on international competitiveness.

The howard government was on track to meet the targets of kyoto in any case, by all indications, ratification or no, Australia would have met it's emissions 'reduction' targets, ratifying the protocol hasn't required the Rudd government to actually do anything substantial.

Last edited:

BigBoyJames -

Banned
HSC
N/A
fuck me dead mate, go fucking die

yoddle

is cool
HSC
considering 730 report doesn't get viewed by many at all, was it so bad that it will have a flood on effect to the news tomorrow night? any examples?
I think someone needs to brush up on their knowledge of the Australian media! *wiggles finger condescendingly*

Lauchlan

HSC
yeah tony got a fair share of 'negative rep' from his epic fail on the 7 30 report.

also the gov't is now labelling abbott as 'phony tony'.

if an election took place now i would say that kevin would return. tony has his work cut out for him indeed.

runoutofsleep

AUTISM IS NOT HOLLAND
HSC
lauchlan i strongly recommend you talk to some real humans in the real world

SpoonSamba

HSC
He always stutters so bad in interviews the 730 report and it was the same on QnA a few weeks ago.

Sounds like he;s choking on a fat juicy dick. like seriously WTF?

Garygaz

HSC
what he said is sort of common knowledge by most of the voting public. it's one of those catch 22 things that people know but really don't want to know. i'd compare what he's done to a cigarette lobbyist admitting smoking kills you. he backed himself into that statement badly.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
They're not really 50/50. Ruddster is still substantially ahead of People Skills in the preferred PM stakes, and last newspoll had the Coalition advancing a whopping 0% in either two-party preferred or primary vote i can't remember.

Plus everyone needs to bear in mind that polls this far out from the election shouldn't usually be taken as an indication of voting intentions.

Lentern

HSC
what he said is sort of common knowledge by most of the voting public. it's one of those catch 22 things that people know but really don't want to know. i'd compare what he's done to a cigarette lobbyist admitting smoking kills you. he backed himself into that statement badly.
People generally like for politicians to apply a little nuance where due. It was a downright dumb thing to say but its also a bit of non-story in terms of its significance. Labor rightfully have lampooned him a bit for it, but now they need to move on or they begin to look as though they have nothing else in their arsenal.

Garygaz

HSC
true though i think rudd was sort of smart for once deciding to not attack him (although he sort of indirectly did through gillard) because i was expecting to turn on the news and hear some retarded pun (which phony tony it ended up being) coming out of his mouth. was sort of surprised that he restrained himself.

you could sort of tell what abbott was trying to say, not that he doesn't tell the truth when he speaks impromptu but sometimes he gets a bit heated and might go a tad overboard. everyone does it, it's called exaggeration.

Lentern

HSC
true though i think rudd was sort of smart for once deciding to not attack him (although he sort of indirectly did through gillard) because i was expecting to turn on the news and hear some retarded pun (which phony tony it ended up being) coming out of his mouth. was sort of surprised that he restrained himself.

you could sort of tell what abbott was trying to say, not that he doesn't tell the truth when he speaks impromptu but sometimes he gets a bit heated and might go a tad overboard. everyone does it, it's called exaggeration.
That was exactly the message he conveyed, and it was a bad one; Albanese and Gillard may have been accusing him of dishonesty but the question they got the electorate to ask is whether Abbott is capable of showing restraint, of keeping his emotions in check where appropriate, is he as stable and sound as we like our prime ministers to be? The comment didn't help his image on those things but it will quickly be forgotten as new stories move to the fore.

The labor party should be looking to land bigger and more contemporary blows on him now, for example lampooning his tendency to recite Paul Keatings old lines over and over again rather than come up with a few of his own. On a similar token Abbott should be looking to move foreward, accepting the bit of damage the quote did but aiming to make real improvements to his campaign, for example he could start developing some of his own lines instead of just reciting ones Paul Keating used to use.

Also I think you'll find it has long been Rudd's style to leave attacks like that to high profile ministers, not wanting to look too bitter or partisan, floating in gently when a great chance comes along before drifting out again.

Lauchlan

HSC
lauchlan i strongly recommend you talk to some real humans in the real world
i do so on a daily basis. stop using the word 'real' - reminds me of tony abbott's real plan to take real action on taking real action.

Lauchlan

HSC
They're all 50:50, except Morgan, which is historically about as accurate as the fucking tea leaves.
They're not really 50/50. Ruddster is still substantially ahead of People Skills in the preferred PM stakes, and last newspoll had the Coalition advancing a whopping 0% in either two-party preferred or primary vote i can't remember.

Plus everyone needs to bear in mind that polls this far out from the election shouldn't usually be taken as an indication of voting intentions.
not poll results. my poll results.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
The poll does not reflect on people liking the Labor party policies, but their dislike of Abbott. Rudd is the lesser of two evils, that's why he will probably win the next election.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)