TPC: Attendance and Scaling of B modules (1 Viewer)

AM_092

HSC
N/A
I received my transcripts today too!! Got a TES of 269...
My 100 LALSB mark stayed the same... My literature mark (which I thought was gonna be 90) was 88 and scaled down to 83... And my chemistry was scaled from 75 to 86!! I'm happy with that bit... Overall, I'm pleased, but not too stoked.

Mz.Utai

HSC
I received my transcripts today too!! Got a TES of 269...
My 100 LALSB mark stayed the same... My literature mark (which I thought was gonna be 90) was 88 and scaled down to 83... And my chemistry was scaled from 75 to 86!! I'm happy with that bit... Overall, I'm pleased, but not too stoked.

Congratulations thats great!!! I got a TES of 266... overall I'm happy. I know you dont receive an UAI/ATAR although I was once told to find the average of the top three and it will be within that range, is this correct or is anyone familiar with what to do?

AM_092

HSC
N/A
So how do you convert your TES to a UAI?
I don't think it does get converted... With your transcripts, there's a letter... UAC just looks at our TES = no conversion.

Thanks Mz. Utai :) You too!

Last edited:

AM_092

HSC
N/A
Hey, my friend who did TPC with me, tells me (god knows from where), that your ATAR is your TES divided by 3 and then add 10... That does not sound right to me.

midnightmint

HSC
N/A
TAFE can now print up your transcripts (though I was told that some people received them in the mail yesterday). It has your scaled results on there, and your TES.

Your raw marks are scaled up or down, according to how you went in the subject compared to others; and if the subject is an easy or hard one.. then your scaled marks of LALS and your other 2 best subjects are added up to be your TES.

Chem scaled up 10 marks for me, Bio up 6, LALS down 2, Film & Media down 5.

felixxy

HSC
N/A
chemistry scaled up most marks. im wondering how many students received TES statewide(including both 9048 and 6504).and I think we dont compete with HSC students.

Mz.Utai

HSC
Hey, my friend who did TPC with me, tells me (god knows from where), that your ATAR is your TES divided by 3 and then add 10... That does not sound right to me.
Yep I also heard the same thing but Ive never heard of the bit were you add 10. All I've heard is that its your average but adding 10 sounds strange lol

My Film and media and Historical studies scaled down 5, LALS B scaled down 1 mark, Maths B scaled up 1 mark. Weird.

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
Hah, I wish. You can divide your TES by 3 to get an estimate, but UAC will scale it...in my case down.

Mz.Utai

HSC
Hah, I wish. You can divide your TES by 3 to get an estimate, but UAC will scale it...in my case down.
Do you have a rough idea about how much it was scaled down? I know it may vary for individuals I'm just curious.

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
It wasn't by more than a few points, because I got into my second main round preference (not first), but changed preferences and got into my first late round preference so it worked out ok :)

Mz.Utai

HSC
It wasn't by more than a few points, because I got into my second main round preference (not first), but changed preferences and got into my first late round preference so it worked out ok :)
Worked out great for you!! Its good to know about previous TPC students and their experience since this is all new to some of us so thanks for that :)

felixxy

HSC
N/A
I have a friend in mq uni doing psychology(did TPC in 2008) told me his TES was basically divided by 2.8 (it could change each year) instead of 3, and then scaled to an appropriate mark as the eqvi UAI(really weird:uhoh: and he claimd to have achieve 93 uai).
I believe the existence of eqvi UAI as my chemistry teacher told me a girl who did TPC 11 years ago went straight into medicine which now generally requires a full uai(and does not accept TPC people now). I doubt its no the UAC which converts the TES to eqvi UAI but uni does. and its only eqvi one but no the actual which will be released.
Anyway, getting into uni is more important and if working hard you will have a chance to transfer. goodluck in uni!

AM_092

HSC
N/A
I have a friend in mq uni doing psychology(did TPC in 2008) told me his TES was basically divided by 2.8 (it could change each year) instead of 3, and then scaled to an appropriate mark as the eqvi UAI(really weird:uhoh: and he claimd to have achieve 93 uai).
I believe the existence of eqvi UAI as my chemistry teacher told me a girl who did TPC 11 years ago went straight into medicine which now generally requires a full uai(and does not accept TPC people now). I doubt its no the UAC which converts the TES to eqvi UAI but uni does. and its only eqvi one but no the actual which will be released.
Anyway, getting into uni is more important and if working hard you will have a chance to transfer. goodluck in uni!
Hey, since you said it's the TES divided by 2.8, that's basically dividing it by 3 (the average) and adding 10! (which was what my friend said).

midnightmint

HSC
N/A
I found out my "Selection Rank" at Sydney University today (I spoke to Admissions). Basically this is the equivalent of an ATAR.

My RAW average mark in the TPC was 87.
My SCALED average mark was 86.6.
My TES was 260/300.

My selection rank is.... 94!!!! The admissions guy told me that the selection rank is a conversion from the total TES (so they do not re-scale individual subjects or anything like that).

I'm 28 so the extra points may have something to do with the mature age "brownie points" that are rumoured..

AM_092

HSC
N/A
Thanks for the links, Felixxy :) Seems it's scaled up a lot!

Mignightmint: Wow, that's a great score! Just wondering, why did Usyd tell you? Did you call them or something?

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
I found out my "Selection Rank" at Sydney University today (I spoke to Admissions). Basically this is the equivalent of an ATAR.

My RAW average mark in the TPC was 87.
My SCALED average mark was 86.6.
My TES was 260/300.

My selection rank is.... 94!!!! The admissions guy told me that the selection rank is a conversion from the total TES (so they do not re-scale individual subjects or anything like that).

I'm 28 so the extra points may have something to do with the mature age "brownie points" that are rumoured..
Congrats! That's a great result. What degree are you looking at doing?

Yeah, a guy who did his TPC with me got into physio at Sydney and I think his TES was in the 220-230's from memory, so it wouldn't surprise me if mature age students are favoured.

midnightmint

HSC
N/A
Congrats! That's a great result. What degree are you looking at doing?
Animal & Vet Bioscience for 1 yr (ATAR 84.05) and then hopefully a transfer into the 'real' vet science..

and (to AM_092).. yes I rang admissions to ask them what the TES was roughly equivalent to (when looking at ATARs or UAIs) and the guy looked up my UAC reference number, told me my selection rank was 94, and that is pretty much the same scale as the ATAR; but Mature Age entry people do not directly compete with the HSC people.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)