TPC: Attendance and Scaling of B modules (1 Viewer)

AM_092

HSC
N/A
I called Sydney and to my distress, I was reminded that I'm not a mature-aged student! My teachers and I wish that there'd be a way to get pass that! I was told that I couldn't get into Sydney with TPC (which I knew, but my teachers told me that my age wouldn't appear on my application). I've also applied for the EAS scheme, so I'd hope that, that would somehow get me in. The operator at Usyd told me that the broadway scheme is onl for HSC students, which I thought was odd since I was sent a letter from UAC saying that my application for the EAS at Usyd was successful! Bleh...
Anyway, so then I called UAC, and like I anticipated, they didn't tell me what my equivalent rank to my TES is. So, yeah... I hope I at least get into UNSW or UTS.

Mz.Utai

HSC
I called Sydney and to my distress, I was reminded that I'm not a mature-aged student! My teachers and I wish that there'd be a way to get pass that! I was told that I couldn't get into Sydney with TPC (which I knew, but my teachers told me that my age wouldn't appear on my application). I've also applied for the EAS scheme, so I'd hope that, that would somehow get me in. The operator at Usyd told me that the broadway scheme is onl for HSC students, which I thought was odd since I was sent a letter from UAC saying that my application for the EAS at Usyd was successful! Bleh...
Anyway, so then I called UAC, and like I anticipated, they didn't tell me what my equivalent rank to my TES is. So, yeah... I hope I at least get into UNSW or UTS.
Yeah I am the same as I am 18 so I had the same dilemma. Unfortunately Sydney Uni and UNSW have the same requirements for TPC students. You have to be mature age (21 years or so) to be accepted. UTS, Macquarie, UWS (I'm not sure of other unis) dont have a age requirement or mature age entry for TPC students.

Although goodluck you never know!!

AM_092

HSC
N/A
Thanks :) It is quite upsetting since, from my college, I think I'm one of the few who performed the best and put in the most effort in my work, and to be told that someone who has a lower score than myself has a better chance in getting into Sydney simply because they're a few years older than I am, is quite obsurd. I really hope there's some miraculous way that I can get around this stupid mature-age thing!
8 days left!

Mz.Utai

HSC
Thanks :) It is quite upsetting since, from my college, I think I'm one of the few who performed the best and put in the most effort in my work, and to be told that someone who has a lower score than myself has a better chance in getting into Sydney simply because they're a few years older than I am, is quite obsurd. I really hope there's some miraculous way that I can get around this stupid mature-age thing!
8 days left!
I couldnt have said it better myself. It's not fair! Plus, we are probably more mature than alot of the TPC students!!! (well atleast in my college lol) I really hope you get it in. Let me know how it turns out for you :)

felixxy

HSC
N/A
i am aiming for USYD as well.:spin:chemical engineering uai only 86

AM_092

HSC
N/A
Yeah, good luck to everyone who's applying this year! :)
Mz Utai: Are you?

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
8 days left!
I was upset in my year as well, a girl who only got 210 for her TES got into my original preference, whereas I got 250 and didn't get in. She was 21, I was 19, that was the only difference. It's OK though, I worked around these things and am on the way to finishing my undergrad. Don't let it get you down either :).

UTS, Mac and UWS have no age requirement from memory. You could do one year at one of these uni's and then transfer across if you have your heart set on Sydney.

AM_092

HSC
N/A
Well, I'm putting all my hope into UTS then! :)
I don't think I'll plan to transfer, unless I really dislike the place/course I get into...

felixxy

HSC
N/A
Well, I'm putting all my hope into UTS then! :)
I don't think I'll plan to transfer, unless I really dislike the place/course I get into...
so you did put usyd as your first preference:(
iam a bit luckier just 21 this year:spin:
btw, AM_092, are you in Ultimo tafe

felixxy

HSC
N/A
contacted the admission of usyd. They told me i had a selection rank of 99:skip:.
definitely into the first preference with uai only 86. 6 days left.

AM_092

HSC
N/A
contacted the admission of usyd. They told me i had a selection rank of 99:skip:.
That's an awesome rank!! :) Well, considering you had awesome marks already! No, I went to Liverpool Tafe :) Yes, I had Usyd as my 1st preference.

Mz.Utai

HSC
WOW!! Congratulations thats great. I just found out my selection rank was 94 :)

I was just wondering if I was offered a place for my first preference in the main round, and wanted to try for a different course in the following round, would I have to decline the course i was offered for the main round and basically go through and apply again in hope of an offer then. I dont know if this is a stupid question but cant I accept my offer for the main round and try applying for the following round for something different and see if i get in and then withdraw from the offer and accept the new one.
Sorry if it dosent make sense lol.

AM_092

HSC
N/A
WOW!! Congratulations thats great. I just found out my selection rank was 94 :)

I was just wondering if I was offered a place for my first preference in the main round, and wanted to try for a different course in the following round, would I have to decline the course i was offered for the main round and basically go through and apply again in hope of an offer then. I dont know if this is a stupid question but cant I accept my offer for the main round and try applying for the following round for something different and see if i get in and then withdraw from the offer and accept the new one.
Sorry if it dosent make sense lol.
I'm not sure what you're asking exactly, but you should always accept your offers. If you get your 2nd or 3rd or other preference, that means you were already considered for your first and just didn't get it (for whatever reason, cut-off mark). Change your preferences between rounds if you want. If you're offered your 1st preference in the subsequent rounds (maybe some people didn't accept their offfers or there were plenty spaces left), you decline your initial offer and accept the new one.

94 is an awesome mark Mz. Utai!!! I'm more confident with my rank now (even though I won't find out). Who told you your mark?? I called UTS and they didn't tell me either (like Usyd).

Last edited:

Mz.Utai

HSC
I'm not sure what you're asking exactly, but you should always accept your offers. If you get your 2nd or 3rd or other preference, that means you were already considered for your first and just didn't get it (for whatever reason, cut-off mark). Change your preferences between rounds if you want. If you're offered your 1st preference in the subsequent rounds (maybe some people didn't accept their offfers or there were plenty spaces left), you decline your initial offer and accept the new one.

94 is an awesome mark Mz. Utai!!! I'm more confident with my rank now (even though I won't find out). Who told you your mark?? I called UTS and they didn't tell me either (like Usyd).
Thanks I think I get it :) Yep you should be confident!! I dont know if you can since the uni's you applied for didnt tell you. But you got more than me so you should have received over 94!!

AM_092

HSC
N/A
Yeah, I think I must've got 94 or more! With my EAS scheme, I'll definintely get into either any of my top preferences :) Good luck to everyone! Tonight's sleep and another one til it's Wednesday! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)