Train line!!! (1 Viewer)

cxlxoxk

HSC
Epping to Chatswood rail link
A new train service operating between Epping and Chatswood is targeted to commence from 22 February 2009, with the first passenger service departing Epping at 11.16am and Chatswood at 11.05am.

The new rail link connects Epping and Chatswood stations via twin underground rail tunnels and three brand new stations at Macquarie University, Macquarie Park and North Ryde.

The new rail link provides direct rail access for the first time to the expanding business and educational hub between Epping and Chatswood. When fully integrated into the CityRail network in the second half of 2009, the new link will allow for the introduction of one new morning peak and two new afternoon peak services on the Western Line.

The eagerly anticipated Epping to Chatswood rail link is a major infrastructure project of which Sydney can be very proud.

___
Does that mean CityRail worked hard, and now there is going to be Macquarie Uni train link before uni starts :)??? Last i heard from it before this was like it was gonna open half way through this year.

Source said:
http://www.cityrail.info/ecrl/index.jsp

Last edited:

antisheep

HSC
Re: Omg omg omg omg omg !!!

yup... of course they originally promised it before the start of LAST year uni so lets not get overly generous with the praise for cityrail...

Its not fully integrated into the network yet, but yes, unless some major catastrophe hits by next sunday (which, given it's cityrail isn't all that unlikely) everyone could go by train on the first day of uni... a friend of mine said that test services have already been seen departing from the new Epping platform...

lind27

HSC

bahahaha city rail work hard... yeh right.

Even though the new rail link doesnt get integrated into the city rail link till towards thel end of this year, i guess we have to be thankful for at least a shuttle service.

hmmm i wonder y it was so eagerly anticipated?? maybe coz of all the crap that kept going wrong and their constant incompetence.

Anyone going to try it out b4 uni starts on the sunday?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A

yup... of course they originally promised it before the start of LAST year uni so lets not get overly generous with the praise for cityrail...
We're just old and bitter, we've been lied to before and betrayed by Cityrail :p

antisheep

HSC

We're just old and bitter, we've been lied to before and betrayed by Cityrail :p
haha true... in the words of dubya... fool me once... shame on... shame on... you... fool me twice... you can't fool me again.

HSC

does this new station also connect to the other major suburbs in the sydney region?

or is it only epping and chatswood?

havent caught a train for nearly a year =/

HSC

lol this train station and rail line has been told be open since last year and they kept on delaying! They really need to tell us when they are going to open because it is going to make my transport to the uni so much easier although those times don't sound likeable right now.

HSC

haha true... in the words of dubya... fool me once... shame on... shame on... you... fool me twice... you can't fool me again.
ahahaha touche well lucky forus just starting i was worried it would never be complete :D now all the station need is that sweet smell of Hobos and filth that every station is renowed for

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Thats one trippy looking train station alright, trippy and confusing.

mudcake42

HSC
I got all excited cus I thought the line between hornsby and macquarie uni stations would be set up in february, hence making my trip about 25min long. but it's not until the end of the year, meaning in cityrail language, sometime in 2015 :(

kevinant

HSC

Thanks to Macquarie Uni Lobby group we can have the railway on the day we start uni....The STA planned to open it at 2nd of March before (got an email before saying that at the middle of last year)...but I think the uni lobbied so they moved the date a week and half earlier to accomodate their needs.

It's funny to see how the newspaper manipulate facts. They said it's going to be fully functional at November which led people to think the railway is not going to open for another year. However most people ignored the part where the paper said about the shuttle services because the journalists only mentioned this fact in one sentence.
[In fact we would be worse off when this happens, because the frequency will drop from 15minutes all the time to 15 in peak and 30 in off-peak]

gonna buy a flexi-pass today, wanna try out this great thing on the first day of uni as it only takes 10 minutes from my place to the uni.

vds700

HSC
What the hell is the point of having the 1st trains leaving after 11?

I guess I'll have to wait till Tuesday before I can try it

jellybelly08

HSC
CityRail - Epping to Chatswood rail link
A new train service operating between Epping and Chatswood will open on Monday 23 February 2009. The first services will depart Chatswood at 11.05am and Epping at 11.16am.

The launch was moved from Sunday 22 February, due to the National Day of Mourning, out of respect for the victims of the Victorian bushfires.

On Monday 23 February 2009, travel on the rail link will be 'fare free'. Customers are asked to give a gold coin donation, with the proceeds to go to the Red Cross Bushfire Appeal.
At least it'll be free on Monday.

kevinant

HSC
$!%@#@@#$
Yea... that means I'll still have to be on bus that day to uni...
getting the train on the way back on that day...which is @#$@#%!%!
I start at 9 and finish at 3.

Pwnage101

HSC
N/A
yeh true, since the service doesnt start till 11, i'll have to catch the bus there on the way, and the free train on the way back hopefully

dance2urownbeat

Ridiculously Good Looking
HSC

bahahaha city rail work hard... yeh right.

Even though the new rail link doesnt get integrated into the city rail link till towards thel end of this year, i guess we have to be thankful for at least a shuttle service.

hmmm i wonder y it was so eagerly anticipated?? maybe coz of all the crap that kept going wrong and their constant incompetence.

Anyone going to try it out b4 uni starts on the sunday?
because people hate buses. like me. plus it will be $1.80 cheaper since I won't have to pay for a bus hurrah.

Pwnage101

HSC
N/A

so yeh, caught the train from macq uni to epping on the way back, and it's all good. So i heard that the first 100 days are gonna be fare-free for the new train line (epping to chatswood shuttle) - can someone confirm?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)