Transport - Bus (1 Viewer)

madharris

HSC
N/A
Hey I went to the UNSW open day and I loved it. I put it back to first in my UAC options.

However, I'm just wondering how bad are the buses from central to the university?
i.e. how crowded are they going to and from the uni (at anytime of the day)?

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
You get long lines before 9am at the beginning of semester 1 because all the first years think you have to go to uni 9am everyday like school.

But if you take those times out the bus is usually there when you arrive or there is like a 1 or 2 minute wait.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
You get long lines before 9am at the beginning of semester 1 because all the first years think you have to go to uni 9am everyday like school.
This.

You will also be able to identify the freshman women from the high heels, flashy clothes and makeup they are wearing.

halapenyo

HSC
i dont understand why everyone joins that humongous line for the 891 every morning. when the 393/395 will get you to uni as well (they just take 5-10 minutes more to reach) and they dont have a massive line.

Memento-mori

HSC
If I decide to go to UNSW my travel plan would probably be like this:
Bus to Town Hall > Walk to Hermes/ David Jones > bus that goes past anzac parade.

Still will take me 1.5-2 hours, and that's way too long imo.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
i dont understand why everyone joins that humongous line for the 891 every morning. when the 393/395 will get you to uni as well (they just take 5-10 minutes more to reach) and they dont have a massive line.
They drop you off at the foot of the main walkway, and if you have a class at Biomedical - you'll spend another 15 minutes walking up all the steps.

Alternatively, take an 891 and get off near the Medical Centre.

Plus, there's a social aspect in meeting up with friends and chatting to them on the bus.

inJust

HSC
Do you have to pay or is the bus free?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Well, yeah. Just get a MyMulti and pay for your bus and train to uni. And for any other outing you want to take throughout the week.

Like the MyMulti that expired today covered me for five days of uni, a late night train ride home on Friday after Law Revue, train rides to the city and back on Saturday for Open Day and a friend's birthday... plus other bus rides that were required, etc. etc.

Pretty good for $30.

HSC
Uni Grad
The bus is prepay. Not free. Thus you'll need a mybus or a mymulti to travel on the buses.

figsan

HSC
N/A
I am entering as an international student so I don't know much. I am planning to live in Surry Hills. So how do I get to UNSW from Surry Hills by bus? Like which bus do I take, which ticket do I buy? 'Cause I believe you guys have MyBus1, 2 and 3. Let me know. Thank you! :)

figsan

HSC
N/A
Oh and where do I ride the bus and where do I take off? Is there a bus stop right outside UNSW?

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
I am entering as an international student so I don't know much. I am planning to live in Surry Hills. So how do I get to UNSW from Surry Hills by bus? Like which bus do I take, which ticket do I buy? 'Cause I believe you guys have MyBus1, 2 and 3. Let me know. Thank you! :)
http://www.131500.com.au/

Live by it.

figsan

HSC
N/A
Haha. Thank you guys! :)

What is the difference between the MyMulti and MyBus?

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
MyBus gives you 10 trips on a single ticket.
MyMulti gives you unlimited travel on bus, train and ferry for a week.

figsan

HSC
N/A
I see. Thank you for that!

So, based on what I see on the site, I am supposed to ride the M50 bus at Cleveland St to go to UNSW? Is that right? But I don't know which bus stop I should get off to. Is it called "UNSW Station"? :)

figsan

HSC
N/A
And would it still work if I use a MyBus2 ticket instead of a MyMulti?

D94

HSC
N/A
I see. Thank you for that!

So, based on what I see on the site, I am supposed to ride the M50 bus at Cleveland St to go to UNSW? Is that right? But I don't know which bus stop I should get off to. Is it called "UNSW Station"? :)
Yes, M50 will get you to UNSW. The M50 will go up High Street (where the 891 also goes up). There are 3 stops - the first stop is near the front of the uni around Law and ASB, the second stop is near the library, and the third stop is near the biomedical and Clancy auditorium.

And would it still work if I use a MyBus2 ticket instead of a MyMulti?
Yes, MyBus2 will work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)