happii

HSC
Re: so, who else is fucked for trials?

yeh ill jump on that boat

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC

Major works get in the way of everything.

dont stress everyone, you will be suprised at how much you know...

Heathcliff

HSC

I'm doomed :(

Need some help here and there, but alright still right now.

jannny

HSC

I really miss the trials, I just love competing academically.. sadly, theres not much competition at uni anymore ><

BackCountrySnow

HSC

Everyone is feeling the pressure of the trials.
Chances are you're not as fucked as you think you are.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC

I never got the whole type all your notes out before the exam thing, is it to make them more structured? It just seems like a bit of a waste of time to me.

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A

jannny said:
I really miss the trials, I just love competing academically.. sadly, theres not much competition at uni anymore ><
Are .. you kidding me?

If anything, there's more competition at the top end. Prizes / awards are issued for those who top their cohorts (re: stas at your university) and there is arguably a more prominent bell curve in tertiary education.

You're either breezing through your course with a 90+ WAM or breezing through your course with passes (hence your apathy / nihilism) to say that.

ahhliss

HSC
N/A

I just have maths, but I'm still screwed. Haven't started practising past papers or doing exercises. My mum spent over $100 to buy me Cambridge 3U, only to have me do about 2 exercises and mixed questions just before the last assessment task :S

conics2008

HSC

hmmmm no, i havn't even started studying for economics yet. :mad:

Ive only studied for business/maths 3/4 and english.

economics has like 18 chapters man the whole course in this stupid trial anywho im just aimin for 70+ for this subject.

ahhliss

HSC
N/A

zomg said:
lol i was in ur situation last year- dw bout it, i spent the whooole day before the exam just doing exercise after exercise- i didnt even do any past papers.

you should be right. maths is okay, because you really only have to learn the formulas and you're set - as long as you understand the work. if not then yeeeeah youre kinda screwed.

but yeah just try to do as well as you can, it'll help you so much next yr if you dont decide to repeat..
I've stuffed up my assessments so the trial is kind of important...
I really don't want to repeat because having 3 units of maths gone is going to make it a lot easier I'd imagine.

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC

dodgyv said:
na man your all on your own on that. guess your the only fcked up person in NSW doing his hsc.
lOl na jkz, i am totally fcked as well for trials although doesnt mean i'm gonna go fck that i aint studying shit. i actually have. before my trials....in two weeks

i have english speech, EXTHISTORY THesis to finish (only just started), physics test, physics assignment, 12 physics reports, and a lot of catching up for all my subjects especially history i am 2 modules behind.

think i can do all that ?
WHAT! nuts. and yes i am fucked - especially in eng ad, damn cssa.

jannny

HSC

Bobness said:
Are .. you kidding me?

If anything, there's more competition at the top end. Prizes / awards are issued for those who top their cohorts (re: stas at your university) and there is arguably a more prominent bell curve in tertiary education.

You're either breezing through your course with a 90+ WAM or breezing through your course with passes (hence your apathy / nihilism) to say that.
Well my point is at uni, you just generally need a Pass to basically get your degree. However with HSC, pass is generally not enough. You need to beat other people to get good marks.

But at uni, I'd prefer extra - curricular activities rather than 90+ WAM, that's why pass/credit is OK for me.

If you're aiming for prizes/awards, then there is really competition. Again it depends on your aims and goals.

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A

jannny said:
Well my point is at uni, you just generally need a Pass to basically get your degree. However with HSC, pass is generally not enough. You need to beat other people to get good marks.

But at uni, I'd prefer extra - curricular activities rather than 90+ WAM, that's why pass/credit is OK for me.

If you're aiming for prizes/awards, then there is really competition. Again it depends on your aims and goals.
HAHAHAHA I might sound a bit cruel, but you're only a first year, and trust me employers do look at your marks. At least if you want to work in mid-tier to high-tier firms or more 'respectable' positions.

(Just like how year 12 students want to do their best, so they have the greatest opportunity to do their preferred course at their preferred university which ironically many would regard as your own).

I mean, even if you wanted to work in a 'typical' job or something not too fancy, good marks wouldn't stop you from achieving this. It's just, again like HSC, better marks give you more choice.

You can ask anyone who actually has a graduate position (stazi yet again) but 90+ WAM some extracurriulars > PASS average MANY MANY MANY extracurriculars.

Good luck for trials 08ers :)

edit: that's why i'm in your labour force, taking your jobs ^_^

Although, i guess you do, do engineering. Which means there are many jobs available (as long you as you don't fail, and our mining boom continues).

danz90

HSC

Ugh... trials are in 3 weeks and I definitely am not prepared. Procrastination 23q. Guess its gonna be all dayers from now on - even study at school library during breaks lol.

All the best to everyone in preparing for trials!

karnage

HSC

Ah... makes me feel abit better knowing im not the only one. (mine are in a week, forgot to mention)

kirby101

HSC

yer, im pretty much fucked...
mine start ths coming monday... with english, and i hate that..
so basically i just need to study all day for the next week for everything!
so looking forward to it! :burn:

sherylbobbins

HSC

Ugh dude I feel your pain. I'd study if I could stay awake. Cruel, cruel world.

bazzi91

HSC

mate im dyin here trials in two weeks been sik for the past two weeks n i havent finshed half my notes..good luck wid ur trials all da best pplz!

emi211

HSC

yer im screwed also. done no study but they r nxt week. lol

if it makes anyone feel better apparently the trials are really really hard so we all fail and wallow in our misery when we get the marks back...but then it motivates us to actually study real hard for the HSC so im hopin thats how it wors cz gettin crappy trial marks cud be jus the motivation i need lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)