Trumpeters Unite!! (1 Viewer)

demosthenes

Executive Sardine
HSC
Yeh I think i am playing that gig jazzmantim. Ooh, and you all have to come to Kiama at the end of march to see us at the kiama jazz fest. with James--our last gig on home soil before japan and china :D:D:D
I will post the dates later.

timyates_87

Hello.
HSC
anyone going to jazz in the park on saturday?? not a big jazz fan but don't mind the occasional morrison and its FREE :D:D

Jazz Man Tim

Cannonball
HSC
yea im going. me and a bunch of jazz head mates will be there, we wanna go to the one in paramatta on the 23rd as well.. but were going to the cricket.. so not sure :p

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
Remember, Jazz in the Domain is free, so pack a couple of sandwiches, grab a picnic blanket and come a long. It should be awesome. :)

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
Yeah, it would be good to finally meet you. I'll PM you with my MSN so we can sort out details.

demosthenes

Executive Sardine
HSC
there is another down melbourne way that james is playing at next weekend too i think--i am playing there. anyone checked out the melbourne jazz scene? SOOOO much different to sydney.

timyates_87

Hello.
HSC
maybe you would get more results if you made a "jazz lovers unite" thread... just a tip.. there is more to trumpet than just jazz!! :p

timyates_87

Hello.
HSC
Jazz Man Tim said:
not much more tho
GAH alot more versitile than SAX!!

what are you doing in here anyway!! get out!! get out!!! :D

just make a jazz thread and you will attract alot more of "your kind"

GET OUT!! :p

p.s you have a cool name :D

demosthenes

Executive Sardine
HSC
Ha! I realise trumpet players are narrow minded, but you have to let some of us way cool sax players in here too lol. I like classical trumpet--kinda. I saw the sibelius cycles and loved the trumpet in that. Fact is, classical is just so much more restricting than jazz. I play both, and while i love em both, jazz is just so diverse and dynamic.
Melbourne jazz scene JazzManTim is kinda different. Like, there are heaps of people who are parallel Sydney (eg. Paul Grabowsky parallels Mike Nock) but we up here are more horn oriented. They love their rhthym sections, from what I have experienced. Oh, and singers.

timyates_87

Hello.
HSC
aww ok you can stay :D i just thought you would get more ppl looking in if you had your own little JAZZ thread, jazz is ok to watch but i hate playing it.. probably becuase i have absolutly no creativity and can only play music.. meh oh well :p

Jazz Man Tim

Cannonball
HSC
lol. well maybe if melb and syd combined we would get some mad bands.. great rhythm and great horns :)

you hate playing jazz, how can you say that?!?! jazz the the most liberating thing you can think of.. you say nah classicial is good. but everything is quite resticted in classicial ive found.. Jazz is just JAzz, you can express yourself so much better through jazz. ive found that when im really sad, or happy, or any extreme emotion i whip out my sax and play some jazz. let it all out through my music, not sure if anyone is the same. but gosh it feels great! :)

timyates_87, don't get me wrong, i love the trumpet. but sax is cooler :p

timyates_87

Hello.
HSC
Jazz Man Tim said:
you hate playing jazz, how can you say that?!?! jazz the the most liberating thing you can think of.. you say nah classicial is good. but everything is quite resticted in classicial ive found.. Jazz is just JAzz, you can express yourself so much better through jazz. ive found that when im really sad, or happy, or any extreme emotion i whip out my sax and play some jazz. let it all out through my music, not sure if anyone is the same. but gosh it feels great! :)

timyates_87, don't get me wrong, i love the trumpet. but sax is cooler :p
yeh i hear you. but i don't think i will ever be able to play jazz.. i just am not creativly thinking.. look at my core comp and you will see :p but i do respect jazz, but classical is my fav! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)