• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Tsvangirai withdraws from sham election (1 Viewer)

boris

Banned
HSC
OPPOSITION Leader Morgan Tsvangirai has quit Zimbabwe's run-off election, saying violence has made a fair vote impossible, in a move that virtually hands victory to President Robert Mugabe.

"We will no longer participate in the violent illegitimate sham of an election process,'' Mr Tsvangirai, 56, said at his home, saying he could not ask supporters to cast ballots "when that vote would cost them their lives".

The opposition chief said Mr Mugabe had "declared war by saying that the bullet has replaced the ballot'', referring to the president's earlier threats to fight to keep the opposition out of power.

"We believe an election that reflects the will of the people is impossible,'' he said, as he appealed to the United Nations, African Union and regional body SADC to "intervene and stop the genocide''.
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,23906495-401,00.html

Awr, I kinda had some hope for Zim there for a while.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
You gotta be in it to win it!

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
A certain little dictator was taking notes during our election perhaps?

Should be noted that he withdrew to avoid the impending violence as well.

kokodamonkey

HSC
I have always been one of saying Forward Defence is a good policy. We need to go in there now and pop mugabe.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
'We' as in the Imperialist powers?
SA needs to get off its arse. Where the fuck is Mandella?

boris

Banned
HSC
SA is too busy being the rape capital of the world, I think they have their own shit to worry about, and tbh I doubt they give a crap about Zimbabwe.

I say we raise some funds and buy Zimbabwe. I think $10AU should cover it, with change. Go buy yourself something nice Mugabe!

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Refugees... Expensive terroristic refugees.
I think Mugabe's fine for cash. I remember reading the specs for his merc limo - the thing's virtually a tank; insanely extravagant

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
the only thing Mugabe did to incite the rage from the West was to deprive the Whites of the farms which they stole from the black ancestors anyway. Other than this everything else he does is nothing different to any other African dictator.
The West imposed all these sanctions to cause `regime change` and to show South Africa and other countries in the region what will happen to them if they dare mess with the Whites, and to make sure they dont follow suit by repossessing white farms.

boris

Banned
HSC
bigboyjames said:
the only thing Mugabe did to incite the rage from the West was to deprive the Whites of the farms which they stole from the black ancestors anyway. Other than this everything else he does is nothing different to any other African dictator.
The West imposed all these sanctions to cause `regime change` and to show South Africa and other countries in the region what will happen to them if they dare mess with the Whites, and to make sure they dont follow suit by repossessing white farms.
Yeah and by taking farms off white people who knew how to farm, he has raped his country so hard in the arse.

It has gone from being one of the worlds largest agriculture supplier, to a shit heap.

kokodamonkey

HSC
boris said:
Yeah and by taking farms off white people who knew how to farm, he has raped his country so hard in the arse.

It has gone from being one of the worlds largest agriculture supplier, to a shit heap.
exactly, those white folk knew what they were doing and were actually contributing to the community, unlike his little land handchanging which has fucked up the economy.

lasnAy

HSC
i was actually really devastated when i heard this on the enws yesterday...... why can't Australia and other nations hurry up and step in?!

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
lasnAy said:
i was actually really devastated when i heard this on the enws yesterday...... why can't Australia and other nations hurry up and step in?!
Ah, yes, a return to the good old days of White colonialism. Let's crack open the Black's heads too, maybe precious diamond gold is inside.

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
lasnAy said:
most dumbest comment i have read on BOS ever.

banco55

HSC
Remember the Zimbabwe populace was cheering when Mugabe kicked out the white farmers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)