Tune violin for AMEB exam.. (1 Viewer)

sweetberyz

HSC
N/A
Last year i did my second grade violin exam and my teacher tuned my violin for me one day before the exam, but the examiner told me to tune it EXACTLY with the piano in the exam room .. so i didn't know how to tune it and the examiner was angry with me and told me that next time i need to bring my teacher in here so he can tune it for me.. My question is that why is it such a big deal? and its hard to tune a violin with the exact pitch as the piano in the room.. so i don't know what i'm going to do next time for my exam.. Is it just my examiner or is every examiner that picky?

HSC
Last year i did my second grade violin exam and my teacher tuned my violin for me one day before the exam, but the examiner told me to tune it EXACTLY with the piano in the exam room .. so i didn't know how to tune it and the examiner was angry with me and told me that next time i need to bring my teacher in here so he can tune it for me.. My question is that why is it such a big deal? and its hard to tune a violin with the exact pitch as the piano in the room.. so i don't know what i'm going to do next time for my exam.. Is it just my examiner or is every examiner that picky?
at grade 2?
hahaha

if you have fine tuners on all your strings, you could use that..
and have your teacher tune close to A before the exam

sweetberyz

HSC
N/A
I do have fine tuners fitted on my violin, but at that time i didn't know how use them lol.. and i don't understand as to how are you suppose to tune the violin exactly as the piano in the exam room? because i don't really have a good ear but at least my violin sounded in tuned.. and i hope i don't get told off the next time i do my violin exam..

xxstef

languages are my world <3
HSC
you have to use your ears! practise with your teacher in your usual lessons.

but having said that, i dont think its compulsory to know how to tune your violin until grade 4. so yes, i think your examiner was being a bit over the top there.

chichichip

chichichichichichichi....
HSC
Hey, I think I might had her for my 8th grade exam.... maybe.

GUSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HSC
well u hav to have it in tune with the piano if the piano is playing an accompaniement to u otherwise it will sound SHITE

also its probably best to tune ur violin EVERY time u play, so its best that u learn how to do it ASAP

pman

Banned
HSC
Is it really that hard to tune a violin, I wouldn't have thougt mit wopuld be any harder than a guitar

xxstef

languages are my world <3
HSC
Is it really that hard to tune a violin, I wouldn't have thougt mit wopuld be any harder than a guitar
its about the same toughness. both require good ears, thats all.

and the examiner mentioned up there is my friend's teacher haha

champo14

HSC
you have to use your ears! practise with your teacher in your usual lessons.

but having said that, i dont think its compulsory to know how to tune your violin until grade 4. so yes, i think your examiner was being a bit over the top there.
Grade 4?

Proof that the system is flawed. What kind of teacher doesn't teach a student how to play in tune? Until grade four!?

HSC
Grade 4?

Proof that the system is flawed. What kind of teacher doesn't teach a student how to play in tune? Until grade four!?
playing in tune and tuning are two completely different things
i dont see grade 4 being a problem..maybe grade 3..but i dont think grade 2
and unlike your instrument, those who cant tune properly
will always be forking out money because strings can cost
up to $150..

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)