Tutors (1 Viewer)

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Re: The p00n thread

if you want to ban tutors you'll have to first uniformly standardise teachers
Of course. There would be a very strict syllabus on what is and is not allowed to be taught.

Shazer2

HSC

I really only want one primarily for the motivation aspect. I could alternatively get a mentor at school.

deswa1

HSC

Of course. There would be a very strict syllabus on what is and is not allowed to be taught.
This would be a very repressive cirriculum and would eliminate all forms of individual learning. That would suck balls. My best teachers are the ones who know their topics and can approach it in an interesting and engaging manner. They often speak off the cuff and give funny examples etc. Are you saying these teachers should be sacked in favour of teachers who read from the syllabus and highlight from a textbook?

If so, you honestly have no clue what's going on (no offence)

deswa1

HSC

And can one of the mods move this to its own thread- this is actually a fascinating topic and I reckon others will want to read it- I didn't think it would become this big.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A

Doctors? I'm sure they can just lower the ATAR requirement if they wanted more doctors.

I'd say mainly engineers and scientists.
I would do away with ATARs altogether. At the end of each year of school (however many years that may be), students would be assessed as being either competent or incompetent. If competent they progress to the next part of their education, if incompetent they repeat the component/year until they are deemed to be competent.

At the end of schooling, all students are hence deemed competent. Then through screening and interviews students best suited to be doctors (and wanting to) would be chosen based upon their personality and attributes. There would be no ATAR or ranking system as all students completing school would be competent.

effylove

carpe vinum
HSC

so lets see

people not naturally talented in science or maths should be left to die without jobs (or given menial shit tier jobs) and stuff

are you like

hitler or something

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A

And can one of the mods move this to its own thread- this is actually a fascinating topic and I reckon others will want to read it- I didn't think it would become this big.
I can, but under what name. It's more than just tutoring, it's sort of education reform-y.

I'm happy to, I just want to know what under.

theind1996

HSC
N/A

Realise was talking about "monitoring" progress obviously. If you do well in an exam, it shows your doing fine, hence achieving the monitoring .
You completely misunderstood his point.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A

so lets see

people not naturally talented in science or maths should be given middle tier jobs and stuff
Yes. Although instead of 'shit' jobs as you put it, I would call it middle tier jobs that perhaps do not require university education (i.e. trades etc).

deswa1

HSC

I would do away with ATARs altogether. At the end of each year of school (however many years that may be), students would be assessed as being either competent or incompetent. If competent they progress to the next part of their education, if incompetent they repeat the component/year until they are deemed to be competent.

At the end of schooling, all students are hence deemed competent. Then through screening and interviews students best suited to be doctors (and wanting to) would be chosen based upon their personality and attributes. There would be no ATAR or ranking system as all students completing school would be competent.
This is retarded. I'll just give one example why I really disagree with this. Obviously different people have different natural abilities. Person A is really slow and has to repeat year 3 four times. What happens to his self esteem? You have just destroyed an individual's view of his self-worth. That is WAY more important in my view that any form of marks or achievement or anything.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Now this looks like I started a random thread on this after the posts were moved...

deswa1

HSC
@Solooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo- so how would you run the system? Like who would decide the cirriculum and how would you enforce it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)