UAI estimate? (1 Viewer)

cinnamonhoney

HSC
Ok so i'm in year 11...yeah i know. pretty early to be stressing BUT....i stress quite a bit. i was just wondering if anyone could help me get an idea of where i'm headed of in terms of a uai? My subjects are:

Maths
Maths Ex1
English Adv.
English Ex1
Chemistry
Physics
Modern History

but next year i'll probably drop modern and take up 4U maths.

I go to one of the top 3 ranked schools and my overall rank in year 9 was in the top 6 (prize winner :) ) In year 10 i wasnt there to receive it but i'm guessing i was somewhere definately in the top 20...i never actually found out...this year ive done quite well so far...just wondering if you could let me know based on the minimal info ive given what range im looking at? and what sort of marks/ranks i would need to get over 99?

thanks!

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
for 99, you'd be looking at getting really high ranks, probably top three, but if you can produce a few firsts, you could be top ten i'd guess. i'm not sure how many people are in your year though? because a top three at a school with about sixty people in the year [assuming it's a strong year] would be like top ten for a school with over a hundred [also assuming a strong year]. i'd aim for first place for everything though =]]. haha.

all of your subjects have good scaling [as you'd probably be aware of.]

i'd think if you tried your hardest and put a lot of effort into the hsc, you'd be well on your way to a 99.

i couldn't tell you what marks were needed for 99 and over, as it depends on ranks, not marks, for your school assessment mark. i'm also not sure how hard your school marks.

good luck!

ps. cinnamon and honey in warm milk is like the best sleep inducer ever. tastes good too =]] haha.

cinnamonhoney

HSC
ah rightio by top three i meant in the top three schools in the state :) lol yeah and we have 170 people in our grade....way too many :S arghhh this uai business is becoming more trouble than its worth and SAM is just freaking me out....i swear i spent an hour on it last week just fiddling with it...trying to see how badly i can do in physics and still get a reasonable UAI.

yeah cinnamon and honey in warm milk is yummo especially when its cold like now :)

its also really nice on banana bread

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
yeah, i was saying that your placing should e around top three, but with 170 in your year, then even top fifteen would be good. do you know on average how many people from your school get above ninety nine? that might give you some peace of mind too? it has my school's average on wikipedia, so try there if your school's website doesn't have it. otherwise google might help.

i know you said that you stress a lot, but you just need to be calm, focus on your studies, and you'll be fine =]]. just have some cinnamon and honey milk and that will calm you right down =pp. haha.

iloveapple

HSC
i go to a top 3 school as well, and we have an average of around 1/3 of our grade above 99. =) I would imagine that your school is pretty close to mine? so i'd say top third of the grade :)

dp624

HSC
yup you stand a pretty good chance of 99+
proper applicatin of work and you should make it

though top 3 probably means rank 2/3 since ruse has like 2/3rd people over 99

cinnamonhoney

HSC
lol i think i go to your school :) i loveapple
okay now let me figure out who u are...

cinnamonhoney

HSC
OH YEAH...LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
ok drop me subtle hints....i should get it....like there are only 170 people to choose out of :)
you already know what subjects i do

speedofsound

HSC
you've proposed a very difficult question to us considering we have no idea about the level of your ability in those particular subjects.

M

midnightpen

lol cinnamonhoney and iloveapple :) i used to go to your school :) haha unless you guys are new this year or last year, i should know who you are.. hmmm =/

btw to get over 99, you need all your top10 subjects to get marks above 90, then you're pretty much guaranteed above 99.

merl91

HSC
k well im in yr 12 lol...

What UAI do you think is possible with these 1/2 yearly mks and overall ranks?

Adv Eng - Mark: 21/30 + Rank: 7/52
SOR1U - M: 44/50 + R: 10/86
Society & C - M: 64/70 + R: 5/14
Legal - M: 69/75 + R: 4/30
Mod. History - M: 33/50 + R: 12/32
Italian - M: 38/50 + R: 2/4

If anyone can be bothered

p.s. my school is ranked lik 105th
p.p.s someone who has done the hsc already pref :)

mitchy_boy

blue
HSC
dude ur basically set for life lol
my school is, and in particular my year is full of lads, ur school has like more that 70% of people getting UAI's over 98 or what ever.
lol some years our highest mark has been in the 80's.
though last year we got 5 people over 95, which was like OMFG AMAZING
so i think you'll get over 99
what exactly do you wonna do when u leave school?

duckcowhybrid

HSC
lol cinnamonhoney and iloveapple :) i used to go to your school :) haha unless you guys are new this year or last year, i should know who you are.. hmmm =/

btw to get over 99, you need all your top10 subjects to get marks above 90, then you're pretty much guaranteed above 99.
Actually you aren't. Getting 90 aligned in everything is about 97.95. You need ~93 in everything for a 99.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Ok so i'm in year 11...yeah i know. pretty early to be stressing BUT....i stress quite a bit. i was just wondering if anyone could help me get an idea of where i'm headed of in terms of a uai? My subjects are:

Maths
Maths Ex1
English Adv.
English Ex1
Chemistry
Physics
Modern History

but next year i'll probably drop modern and take up 4U maths.

I go to one of the top 3 ranked schools and my overall rank in year 9 was in the top 6 (prize winner :) ) In year 10 i wasnt there to receive it but i'm guessing i was somewhere definately in the top 20...i never actually found out...this year ive done quite well so far...just wondering if you could let me know based on the minimal info ive given what range im looking at? and what sort of marks/ranks i would need to get over 99?

thanks!
Wow, you're doing all the subjects i'm doing bar EE1. Have fun ^^

Actually you aren't. Getting 90 aligned in everything is about 97.95. You need ~93 in everything for a 99.
QFT.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
yea pretty much, 93+ for 99+ uai

90 in each would give me 98.10 according to sam... hmm....

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
hm... i got between 90 and 93 for everything yet i still only got 95, scalings a bitch.

super.muppy

HSC
watta about mee if i get
1/30 engineering
15/200 english adv
5/30 maths sxt.
7/150 maths 2U
4/70 physics
10/70 chem
my school is ranked somewhere in the 400 LOL

duckcowhybrid

HSC
Need Marks as well to get a rough idea. It depends which subjects. For me, getting 92 in Modern scales to an 86-87, but getting a 95 scales to a 94. So yeah it's all about how low the top bracket starts that affects your scaling.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)