UMAT+ATAR- Who got into med 2012 ? (1 Viewer)

Le Bonbon

HSC
Hey, so I was wandering what UMAT and ATAR combos got people into med this year and what unis you'll all be going to.

WELL DONE to all those who got in btw, you guys are like my idols lol but yeh amazing work!!! :smile:

Last edited:

Fake-Name

HSC
Hey, a couple of people in my year got into a Bachelor of Medical sciences and other medical degrees at UWS without doing UMAT, can anyone explain how that is possible?

study-freak

Bored of
HSC
Hey, a couple of people in my year got into a Bachelor of Medical sciences and other medical degrees at UWS without doing UMAT, can anyone explain how that is possible?
Only medicine and optometry require UMAT. Medicine related courses don't.

Fake-Name

HSC
Ah, so what's the difference? Will my friends become doctors, or just medical academics or something?

study-freak

Bored of
HSC
Not doctors if they are not doing medicine. But they can work in whatever area they study in. If medical science, a medical researcher/academic, etc etc.

HSC
Uni Grad
98.55 atar + 80th percentile umat got me an interview at uncle/une

screwed it up though so i didn't get in

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
Hey, so I was wandering what UMAT and ATAR combos got people into med this year and what unis you'll all be going to.

WELL DONE to all those who got in btw, you guys are like my idols lol but yeh amazing work!!! :smile:
i dont think many people on here got in this year. none that i know of anyway

mirakon

nigga
HSC
i got into the Bachelor of Medicine JMP at UNE

99.6 ATAR
94th percentile UMAT

I think I may have had a poor interview somehow, although I don't see how you can never guess what the interviewers are thinking.

Either way I was very happy to get into Medicine (I wanted to be a neurosurgeon for a long time), but the slightest bit disappointed that I will have to get accomodation and live away from home.

Sainteced

HSC
Uni Grad
I got straight into second year at UWS. OMG SO HAPPY!

jnney

lemon
HSC
yeah, i thought it was good but oh well, you never know how the intervieewers approach ur responses. Either way, I'm just happy to be doing med :)
did they chuck really random questions at you? :O

mirakon

nigga
HSC
did they chuck really random questions at you? :O
not really, they were fairly basic ones (i won't mention what they were, but trust me when i say they were perfectly normal)

Le Bonbon

HSC
i dont think many people on here got in this year. none that i know of anyway
Oh really! well do you approx. know what atar umat combo most commonly gets people into med? in particular unsw?

Le Bonbon

HSC
i got into the Bachelor of Medicine JMP at UNE

99.6 ATAR
94th percentile UMAT

I think I may have had a poor interview somehow, although I don't see how you can never guess what the interviewers are thinking.

Either way I was very happy to get into Medicine (I wanted to be a neurosurgeon for a long time), but the slightest bit disappointed that I will have to get accomodation and live away from home.
Awesome scores and yeh i can imagine how the interviews could be a bit ambiguous. Where is UNE and its the same thing as UNCLE right? do you know what star and umat they look for?

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Awesome scores and yeh i can imagine how the interviews could be a bit ambiguous. Where is UNE and its the same thing as UNCLE right? do you know what star and umat they look for?
UNE is in Armidale. Thinking about it, its not too bad (only 6 hours drive away + cheap domestic airplane is also an option, so i should be able to come back on weekends). Yes UNCLE and UNE share the Bachelor of Medicine Joint Medical Programme, so regardless of which one you get into, you're doing the exact same stuff, just on different campuses. I think they look at an ATAR/UMAT combination a bit under UNSW but i'm not entirely sure tbh

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)